West Bengal Board Science Syllabus for Class 9
West Bengal Board Syllabus for Class 9 Science
* Matter - Properties and Behavior
* Measurement in science and technology
* Historical development (short)
* For units (SI units) (international Methods)
Properties of Matter
* Classification of elements, mixtures and compounds on the basis of chemical structure.
* Types of Mixtures.
* Homogeneous and Heterogeneous solutions.
* Molecules and Atoms
* Atomic mass, Molecular mass, Mole concept, law of constant proportion.
* Numerical based on percentage of elements in simple compounds.
* How to determine the formula of an unknown compound. Structure of Atom
* Components of atom - Electron Nucleus (Proton and Neutron)
* Atomic number, Atom mass, Isotopes
* Arrangement of electrons in orbits (upto 20 elements)
* Radioactivity, Radio Isotopes and its use
* Periodical Classification of elements
* Periodical Classification of elements with reference to History (in short)
* According to periodic law, modern periodic table in 18 groups
* Variations of properties in groups and periods
* Metal and Non-metals
* Atomic volume, lonisation, energy and electron affinity
* Formation of Chemical Bond
* Types of Chemical Bond
* Ionic Bond
* Covalent Bond
* Electro negativity*
* Polar Covalent Bond
* Properties of substance containing Ionic and Covalent Bonds
* Formula of simple compounds
* Chemical equations and its balancing
* Types of chemical reactions
* Combination reaction
* Decomposition reaction
* Displacement reaction (single)
* Oxidation and Reduction (on the basis of gain of electrons)
Motion, Force and Work
* Regular and Irregular motion in living and non-living objects
* Distance and Displacement
* Velocity and Acceleration
* Graph of Distance - Time, Speed - distance
* Derivation of equation of speed by the method of graph
* Uniform Circular motion
Force and Motion
* Newton laws of motion
* Inertia of matter
* Inertia and mass
* Force and Acceleration
* Action and Reaction forces
* Factors affecting friction
* Dynamic and rolling friction
* Advantages and disadvantages of friction and examples
* Control of friction
* Push and Pressure
* Archimedes's principles and their uses
* Relative density
* Universal law of Gravitation: Gravitation force of earth
* Effects of Gravitation on planets (in short)
* Gravitational Acceleration, mass and weight
* Free Falling object
* Initial Velocity
Work and Energy
* Work done due to force
* Power and Energy
* Potential and Kinetic Energy
* Transformation of Energy
* Law of Conservation of Energy (example of freefall)
* Heat and Temperature
* Measurement of Temperature
* Temperature Scales (Celsius and Kelvin)
* Thermometer - Laboratory and Clinical
* Specific Heat
* To calculate loss and gain of heat
* Thermal expansion
* Linear and Volume expansion
* Changes in states
* Latent heat
* Humidity and Relative humidity
Waves, Motion and Sound
* Motion of Simple pendulum
* Oscillation and waves
* Types of waves
* Transverse and longitudinal waves
* Simple harmonic waves
* Graphical representation of waves
* Crest and Trough
* Frequency and waves velocity
* Propagation of sound
* Ultrasound and their uses
* Sound reflection
* Echo and sonar
Organization in living world
* Cell and cell structure
* Cell organization
* Difference between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cell
* Functions of organelles
* Cell division: Mitosis and Meiosis
* Tissues: Plant tissues and their function (meristematic and permanent)
* Animal tissues, structure and function (epithelial, connective, muscular and nervous)
Diversity in living world:
* Classification and its importance
* Taxonomy (Plant and animal classification with examples and characteristic)
Food Health and Nutrition:
* Health and its importance (as by WHO)
* Personal and social hygiene
* Necessities for maintaining good health (Nutrition, good habits, exercise, rest)
* Constituents of food (Nutrients their function and source)
* Balanced diet, malnutrition, nutritional deficiency, food adulteration (definition, chemicals
* used for adulteration, their ill effects and test for detections) Quality of potable water
* Diseases: Definition, source and types, contagious and non contagious diseases, modes of transmission on of contagious diseases, symptoms of some diseases: control and treatment of malaria, influenza, cholera, diahorrea, jaundice, rabies, AIDS, T.B.
* Protein deficiency diseases (Marasmus and Kwashiorkar)
* Vitamin deficiency diseases: scurvy, rickets, beri-beri. Pellagra and Xeropthalmia
* Mineral deficiency diseases: anaernia and goiter
* Air, water, land, minerals, energy, plants, animals, coal and pertroleum
* Coal and petroleum - resources of carbon and carbon compounds
* Coal- destructive distillation of coal
* Petroleum- fractional distillation
* Carbon- catenation-covalent bonding
* Classification of hydrocarbons
* Homologous series
* Properties and structure of methane, ethene and ethyne.
Food sources and methods of food production.
* Dependence of animals (human beings) on plants and animals for food
* Fertilizers, judicious use of water Modes of irrigation, crop protection- important diseases and their sources, diseases control, scientific methods of food storage, warehouse
* Genetic Engineering (farming), Hybrid Variety by natural and artificial methods
* Animals Hybrid Variety Cattle, Poultry, animal breeding, cattle feeding, rearing, important diseases and protection
* Our environment: - Habitat and Types of Habitat
* Biosphere: - Biosphere, and Habitat
* Food chain, Food web, tropic level, energy flow, Bio-geo chemical cycle of carbon, nitrogen, air, water, land, ecosystem, types of ecosystem, components of ecosystem, Biodensity and
* Biodiversity and its importance.
Unit I : Nature and Properties of Matter.
* Preparation of sugar and salt solution with the help of percentage and weight.
* Preparation- of colloidal solutions of sulphur.
* To separate pure chemicals/ substances from mixture..
* To perform and observe following chemical reactions
* Addition of iron nail in aqueous solution of CuSO 4
* Burning of magnesium ribbon in air.
* Reaction of zinc with H 2 so 4
* Heating of NH 4 Cl.
* Reaction between aqueous solution of Na 2 so 4 and BaCl 2
Unit II : Speed, Force & Work
* Find the density of given liquid with the help of, spring balance and measuring cylinder. (except water)
* To find density of solid (heavier than water) with help of spring balance and measuring cylinder.
* To find periodic time for different lengths of simple pendulum and draw the graph L T2
* To verify Archimedes's principle.
* To determine B. P of water and M. P of ice (urea).
* To study change (fall) in temperature of hot water while it cools, plot graph.
Unit III : Organization of living world
* Slide preparation: on plant cell (onion cell), cheek cell, and spirogyra cell slide.
* Mitosis study through permanent slides.
* Study of plant tissues and animal tissues through permanent slides.
* Bio chemical test for starch and protein.
* To find food adulteration in turmeric, chilly, coriander, fennel.
West Bengal Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with West Bengal Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on West Bengal Board Syllabus for class 9 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2008
- Gujarat Board Class 12 English Elective 2011
- CBSE Board Math Sample Papers for Class 12 for year 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Element of Science 2013-SET-2
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Economics 2008
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Hindi 2013-SET-3
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Hindi (Special Language) 2013-SET-3
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Sociology 2011
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Economics 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Accountancy 2005
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Elective 2005
- CBSE Board Class 10 Home Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2010
- CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science 2007
- CBSE Board 12th Class History Previous Year Question Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2008
- CBSE Board Class 10 Home Science 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Marathi (special)
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Bengali
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Geography
- Haryana Board Class 12 Biology
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 Geography
- ICSE Board Class 12 Physics
- Rajasthan Board Class 9 Gujarati
- ICSE Board Class 12 Math
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Dance
- Rajasthan Board Class 10 Information Technology