West Bengal Board Science Syllabus for Class 10
West Bengal Board Syllabus for Class 10 Science
Unit 1: Chemical Reaction and some important Chemical compounds, Rate of chemical
processes & chemical balance.
* Introduction to speed of chemical processes slow & rapid processes, reversible & irreversible processes, chemical balance on the basis of speed, acid & base, Ph scale, transformation of heat during chemical processes.
Some important chemical compounds:
* Preparation of some chemical compounds properties and uses.
* Wasting soda, baking soda, bleaching powder, plaster of paris.
* Production & properties of some important building materials: cement, lime stone, glass, steel.
Unit 2: Energy
Light: Form of light, Reflection of light - Laws of reflection, reflection by smooth & rough surfaces, mirror- convex & concave formula method. Derivation of formula for mirror, magnification.
Refraction of light:
Laws of refraction, refraction by a rectangular glass slab, Images formed by concave & convex lens, formula of lens, formula method nower of lens, some natural phenomenon of light (twinkling of stars, mirage) defects of eye & their solution.
Optical Instruments: Compound microscope, construction & working of astrologer telescope.
Dispersion : Dispersion of white light by glass prism, construction of white light, colour & pigment of matter, Primary colour of light & pigments,
Electricity & its effects: Potential & Potential difference elective current, ohm's law, combination of series & parallel resistance. Heating effect of electric current & their uses, power, practical unit of electric energy, (Electrochemical effects) Chemical. effects of electric
current: Magnetic failed created dire to electric current passing through conductor straight, coil, solenoid Induced Electro magnetism, Electric motor & generator DC & AC currents, domestic electric circuits safety measures to be taken while using electric only.
Energy sources: Renewable & non-renewable energy sources - solar cooke, , solar water hater, solar cell, wind energy, water energy (tide, sea, heat, electricity) geothermal energy, wood, bio gas, hydrogen & alcohol.
Non- renewable sources - Inexhaustible fuel (coal, petroleum & natural gas), conditions of burning, selection of better fuels, efficient use of fuel, nuclear fusion nuclear , chain reaction, nuclear reactor (principle & safety measures) Advantages & hazards of nuclear energy, judicious use of energy.
Unit 3: Life Processes - 1
* Light: forms of nutrition - autrotrophic method - hetrotophic method, saprophytes Nutrition in plants: Photosynthesis - main stages factors affecting photosynthesis, Nutrition a plants- main stages (Amoeba & locust) digestive system in human.
* Respiration: Respiration - inhalation & exhalation, Respiration in the plants & animals, types of respiration (aerobic, anaerobic) skin, gills, Respiration by respiratory track & lungs (earth worm, fish, locate & man), Respiratory organs in human, structure & their functions.
* Circulation in plants & animals, circulation in plants (water, minerals & food) Circulation in human
* Blood - constitution - functions, chatting of blood - pos itive/n egative & blood group.
* Structure & function of heart & blood vessels, circulatory system.
* Excretion in animals (amoebae, earth worm)
* Excretion in human - osmo regulation.
Life Processes - 2.
* Symbioses in plants &4animals, onerous system, Hormone regulation. Reproduction.
* Types of reproduction (binary fission, budding and regeneration) Vegetative reproduction in plants
Reproductive cycle in man.
* reproductive cycle in female fertilization propulsion control ? sexual disease.
* Hereditary & Evolution.
* Hereditary & variation, physical basis for hereditary chromosomes (DNA) (preliminary information) genes, sex, determination of sex, preliminary conformation of evolution of life.
* Natural resources.
UNIT 4: Metals and Non-metals:
* Metals: Mineral & over metallurgy concretion of ores, extraction of metals from ores purification & ultra purification, Reactivity series of metals,- salinity & properties of common metal , alloys steel, stainless steel, brass, elements of magnesium, properties & uses, alloying of gold.
* Non -metals- Importance & common properties, preparation of hydrogen, properties uses, production of ammonia (only processes) properties, uses, production of sulfur, properties. -Properties & uses of sulfur dioxide, Production of sulfuric acid (only process), properties, uses.
* Compounds of carbon: functional groups (containing only oxygen) ethyl alcohol preparation, properties and uses, fermentation & its importance, aldehyde & ketone - formaldehyde & Acton preparation, properties & uses, preparation, properties & uses of carboxylic acid, acetic acid, some common artificial polymers, soap & detergent.
UNIT 5: Our environment
* Land breeze, water pollution, accumulation of waste (reasons, measures to control) biodegradable & non-biodegradable elements, environmental balance Inter relationship between _____ ? Maintenance & protection of environment- measure of preservation , Environment protection act.
UNIT 6: Universe
* Space research- solar family - planets meteors, comets , Origin & constitution, stars, constellation high sky, Milky way, galaxy, constitution of universe.
* History of space research: Information about space shuttle, different types of artificial satellites & their classes, uses of artificial satellite - communication, whether, remote sensing, programs seated to space science in India.
West Bengal Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with West Bengal Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on West Bengal Board Syllabus for class 10 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Bihar Board Class 12 2012
- Gujarat Board Class 10 English Core 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2008
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Economics 2007
- CBSE Board Class 10 Home Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2007
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Biology 2011
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Public Administration 2008
- CBSE Board Home Science Sample Papers for Class 12 for year 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2010
Previous Year Paper
- ICSE Board Class 10 Geography 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biology 2008
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Chemistry Previous Year Question paper of 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biology 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2008
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Persian
- CBSE Board Class 6 Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Home Science
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Drama
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Punjabi (Special)
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Home Science
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Geography
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Tamil(special)
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics
- Gujarat Board Class 9 Math