West Bengal Board Psychology Syllabus for Class 11
West Bengal Board Syllabus for Class 11 Psychology
UNIT 1 :What is Psychology?
o Psychology as a subject
o Subject matter of Psychology
o Psy. as a modern subject.
o Milestone in the history of Psychology
o Approaches of the study of Psychology
o Biological, Behaviouristic, cognitive
* Psycho – dynamic, Humanistic
* Socio – cultural fields of Psychology.
UNIT 2: Methods of Study Psychology
* The Goals of Psychology
* Methods of study Psychology
* Observation, Experimental. (Correlational Method) Cross-Sectional and Longitudinal Studies
* Case – history method
* Instruments for study of Psychology
UNIT 3: Biological basic of behaviour
* Evolutionary Prospective
* Genes and behaviour
* Brain and Nervous system (Relaxes Box)
* Biology of Behaviour – The nervous System (Box), Method of studying Briain.
* M. R. 1. (Box)
* Endocrine glands
UNIT 4: Socio Cultural Basis of Behaviour
* What is culture ?
* Relation between human behaviour and culture
* socialization and accult aration
UNIT 5: Development of life-spsn.
* What is development ?
* Growth, Maturity, concept of development, principles of development,
* Factors affecting development, Critical Periods of Development.
* Revolutionary stages in development, (Indian views about stages of development)
* Infant stage, childhood stage, Developmental Tests & Characteristics.
* (Childhood in India (Box))
* Adolescence stage
* Characteristics and challenges
* Adult stage – stages and challenges
* Old age
* Problems of Old age and dealings with them [Gsmily ant Human Development (Box)]
UNIT 6. Sensory and Perceptual Processes.
* Definition of sensation
* Meaning and types of ……..
* Visual, Audition, Smell, Taste & Tactile
* Process of Attention
* Determinants of attention
* Characteristics of attention
* Attention and Perception
* Process of Perception
* Principles of Perceptual Organisation (optical illusion (Box))
* Depth and Distance perception reception of individual.
* Social perception.
UNIT 7: Process of Learning
* Introduction, what is learning ? How does an individual learns ? Classical conditioning,
o Instrumental conditioning.
o Social Learning, Verbal learning and organisational process
o Learning of skill
o Process of learning, Extinction,
o Reinforcement, Generalisation and discrimination
o Transfer of Learning
* General and specific learning
o Determinants of Learning
o Continuous and Partial rein or cement
o Motivation, Preparedness
o Learned Helplessness.
* [Learned Indolence, Self - Punitive Habits (Box)]
* Factors affecting Learning
* Difficulties in learning, Practical applications of Learning principles,
UNIT 8 – Process of memory
* Introduction, what is memory ?
* Stages of memory…. Encoding, Storage, Retrieval
* Tridimensional model of memory
* Long Tern memory
* Declarative and procedural memoriam Episodic and Semantic memory.
* Measurement of memory
* Forgetting – Encoding Failure, Storage Failure and
* Failure of retrieval, Amnesia
* Improving Memory [Emotion and Memory (Box)]
UNIT 9 : Cognitive Processes
* Introduction Process of Information and it’s measurement. What is thinking ?
* Logical reasoning, problem solving,
* Judgment and decision making
* Creative thinking
UNIT 10 : Language and Communication
* Introduction, Language, nature and characteristics,
* Origin of language,
* Language and thought
* Process of Communication
* Verbal and Non-verbal Communication
* skills of Communication
* obstacles of Communication
UNIT 11 : Motivation and Emotions
* Introduction, what is motivation ? (Needs)
* Maslow’s mind, Biological needs.
* Main psychological motives,
* Achievements, Affiliation and Power
* Emotions Internal & external
* Conflict and Anxiety
* Nature of emotions
* Expression of emotions
* Physical and counseling base
Relation between emotion and motives (related to examination)
UNIT 12: Stages of Development
* Introduction : Cognitive Development – Piaget’s Theory.
* Principle of Piagano related to intellectual development
* Socio emotional development, [Temperament (Box)]
* Paternal methods of child upbringing
* Stages of psycho-social development [erikson]
* Moral development [Piaget, Kohiberg]
* Development of Values [Values in relation to Indian Context (Box)]
* All round development of a child
West Bengal Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with West Bengal Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on West Bengal Board Syllabus for class 11 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Accountancy 2011
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Sociology 2009
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 English Core 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Math For 2009
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Science 2005
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Hindi (Special Language) 2013-SET-3
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biotechnology 2009
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Chemistry 2013
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Elective 2005
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Math 2013-SET-3
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Chemistry 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12th Business Studies Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Elective 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12th Accountancy Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Computer Science 2011
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Commerce
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Syllabus of Physics
- Rajasthan Board Class 10 Gujarati
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Psychology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Economics
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Psychology
- Manipur Board Class 9 Mizo
- Haryana Board Class 12 Marketing & Salesmanship
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Fine Arts
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Kannada