West Bengal Board History Syllabus for Class 10
West Bengal Board Syllabus for Class 10 History
1. Expansion of British Empire in India (1765-1856 AD)
a) Imperial Expansion – Different Stages.
b) Foundation of the Colonial Administration.
2. British Raj
a) Colonial Impact–Land Revenue Policy.
b) Changes in the British Commercial Policy.
c) Decline of Indigenous Manufacture.
3. Protest, Resistance and Uprisings
a) Uprisings during the First Century of British Rule – Peasant Revolts.
b) Tribal Revolts.
c) The Great Revolt of 1857.
4. Genesis of Indian Nationalism
a) 19 th century Nationalism in India–European Background.
b) Education Policy of the British – Rise of the English Educated Middle Class – Social Reform Movements.
c) Awakening of National Consciousness – First Phase of Nationalism.
d) Founding of the Indian National Congress.
5. Early Phase of the Indian National Congress
a) Early Phase of the Congress – Split between Moderates and Extremists.
b) Militant Nationalism.
c) Partition of Bengal and Swadeshi Movement.
d) Revolutionary Movements.
6. Imperialism and the Background of First World War
a) European Imperialism and the First World War.
b) Post War Europe and India.
c) Mahatma Gandhi and the Transformation of Indian Nationalism.
d) Non-Cooperation and Civil Disobedience Movements.
7. Background of World War II
a) Fascism in Germany and Italy.
b) Fascist Aggression – Collapse of Democracy – Failure of the League
c) Second World War.
8. Main Stages of National Movement in India : 1930-1947 A.D.
a) Various Trends within the Congress-Left Politics.
b) Revolutionary Movements : Punjab and Bengal.
c) 1942 Movement.
d) Subhas Chandra & I.N.A.
e) Post Second World War Popular Uprisings.
f) Background of Communal Politics & Two-Nation Theory.
g) Partition of India and Indian Independence.
9. Constitution of Independent India
a) Constitution of India – Salient Features.
b) Institutional Framework of the Indian Democratic Republic.
c) Growth of Parliamentary Democracy – Multi-party System.
10. Search for Peace in the Post-war World
a) Formation of the U.N.O.
b) Cold War : Its Origin.
c) National Liberation Movements in Asia and Africa.
d) India’s Policy of Non-Alignment.
West Bengal Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with West Bengal Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on West Bengal Board Syllabus for class 10 Now
Board Sample Paper
- West Bengal Board Class 11 Economics Sample Paper OF 2012
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2005
- CBSE Board Class 9 English Core 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 English (Special Language) 2013-SET-4
- CBSE Board Class 8 Math 2010
- Gujarat Board Class 12 History 2005
- CBSE Board Class 10 Home Science 2009
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 History 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Chemistry For 2007
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 English Elective Sample Paper 2011
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Computer Science 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Chemistry 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2008
- CBSE Board 12 Political Science Previous Year Question Paper 2008
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 10 Math 2011
- CBSE Board 12th Class History Previous Year Question Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology 2008
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Biotechnology
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Physical Education
- Haryana Board Class 10 Home Science
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Economics
- Samacheer Kalvi Class 10 Math
- UP Board Class 12 English
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Urdu (special)
- Haryana Board Class 12 English Core
- Manipur Board Class 11 Class 10 Mizo
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Tamil(special)