West Bengal Board Economics Syllabus for Class 11
West Bengal Board Syllabus for Class 11 Economics
1. Significance of statistical Details in the studies of Economic problems of India.
a) From the point of view of determining the magnitudes (size) of any economic problem.
b) From the point of view of comparative studies.
c) From the point f view, of Logical inferences (conclusions).
d) From the point of view of Diagrammatic Representation.
* Utility of Statistical Details : (in)
a) Population b) Un employment
The studies must be supported by graphs, diagrams & date schedules. (tables)
2. Economic Growth & Development
* Views of economic Development.
* Indicators of growth
a) Per capital Income
b) Rate of standard of living.
c) Rate of Human capital Development.
(Only introductory explanation)
* Difference between economic growth & economic Development.
* Sustainable living Std. & quality of life. (Std. of living)
* Features of Indian Economy as a developing economy.
3. Structure of Indian Economy
* Details about the conditions of Indian economy before Independence.
* Change brought about after the independence in planned economy.
* Occupational Structure in Indian economy
* Contribution of Agri, Manufacturing & services in the national income.
* Meaning & Nature
* Core sector: 1) Electricity 2) Transport 3) Communication.
* Social sector: 1) Education 2) Health 3) Accommodation (Resi.)
5. Development Programmes (up to 1991)
* economic planning – Meaning – main (general) objects – features of economic policies –
Achievements & Failures.
6. Economic Reform: after 1991
* Need for economic reforms & their features. Liberalization. Globalization & Privatisation.
7. Population of India.
* Size & Rate of growth of population.
* Effects of population on economic Dev.
* Causes of high birth rate.
* Measures to control growth rate of population.
8. Poverty in India Concept of Absolute to Relative poverty. Main measure to alleviate poverty.
9. Un employment in India
* Meaning of Un employment – kinds Nature of Un employment – causes – Measures to
remove un employment.
10. Other Problems in India.
* Problem of protection of ENVIRONMENT (Pollution)
* Problem of large differences in sex ratio.
* Problem of Migration to urban areas & Brain drain.
* Process of urbanization – positive & negative (Rackless) effects of Urbanization.
* Policy of Urbanization in India.
12. Agriculture sector
* Agri as the back bone of Indian economy.
* Growth & Dev. of Agri & its expansion impact.
* Productivity in Agri – Per Hectare &
Labour productivity – problem of low productivity – Measures to improve the productivity.
13. Industry (MFG.) in India.
* Importance of Industrialisation in India.
* Basic Industry.
* Problems of medium & small industry.
* Measures of the Govt. to improve the S.S.I.S.
West Bengal Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with West Bengal Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on West Bengal Board Syllabus for class 11 Now
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Computer Science 2010
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Psychology 2011
- ICSE Board Class 10 Geography 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Political Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2009
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Computer Science 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Home Science
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Fashion Studies
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Gujarati (special)
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Russian
- CBSE Board Class 11 Computer Science
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Biotechnology
- CBSE Board Class 11 Hindi Elective
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Telugu
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Syllabus of Commerce
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 9 Science