After the inception of the Uttarakhand State on 9th November, 2000, the Department of School education, Uttarakhand was formed to fulfill the educational needs of a well spread area which covers almost 1.69% of total area of our country. The State carries a remarkable heritage of education since the ancient period. The Capital city Dehradun is also known as Drona Nagari as the eminent trainer Guru Dronacharya used to teach archery to Pandavas and Kauravas in the period of the epic Mahabharat. To maintain its glorious past, the Board has implemented several innovative measures in ensuring the quality of education. The Board carries a unified administrative structure. From Basic education to the Secondary level including the State Council of Education Research and Training come under the one roof. The entire educational activities of this state are run by the Directorate of School Education.
The Board came into existence to serve the educational demands which were highly required in a developing state. Keeping in mind the over all development of the state, the Board has included some measures where the quality of education imparted tops the list. Apart from its basic administrative work, the Board is also involved in expanding Secondary Education, and has adopted several innovative activities that enhance the teaching process . The Board offers updated syllabus, which is logically prescribed by experts. Its comprehensible curriculum makes students knowledgeable in each subject. The Board also functions in prescribing text books for different classes. It uses an online portal to publish its 10th and 12th standard results. The students pursuing their education under this board can get their results by entering a specified roll no. in that portal.
With requisite research and efforts, the Board has gradually acquired a good reputation for imparting education. The Board imparts affiliation, and several Primary and Secondary schools are recognized by it. With the help of Computer Technology, the Board offers an encouraging platform enriched with the latest curriculum that can lead a student beyond text books. The Board has incorporated several advanced measures including the computer aided teaching method that makes the examination more flexible and useful for students. More over, the Board encourages students, and also supports them with scholarships. Its positive aspects enhance the students over all achievement.
Associated with the state Government, the Department of School education, Uttarakhand has started the Rajeev Gandhi Navodaya Vidyalaya to provide free education to the rural areas. It is quite supportive of poor and talented students. Seven residential schools have been started in different places in Uttarakhand. Another scheme named Dr. Syama Prasad Mukherji Abhinav Vidyalaya is also run by this Board.
Uttarakhand Board Syllabus
Excel in your exam with Edurite.
Excel in your exam with Edurite.
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2005
- ICSE Board Class 10 Geography 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Economics 2011
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Chemistry Previous Year Question paper of 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Accountancy 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Functional English 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Economics 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Home Science 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Geography
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 Agriculture
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Home Management, Nutrition & Textile
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Music (Hindustani Vocal)
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 English Literature
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Physics
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Political Science
- CBSE Board 12th Accountancy Syllabus
- ICSE Board Class 9 Biology
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Syllabus of Math