Tamilnadu Board of Higher Secondary Education came into existence in the year 1910 and is working under the Department of Education, Government of Tamilnadu, India. Some streams are announced from the Tamil Nadu board such as SSLC (Secondary School Leaving Certificate) stream, the Anglo India stream, the Oriental School Leaving Certificate (OSLC), and the Matriculation stream. For 11th and 12th standards, it provides Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) stream too. The performance of the students is processed by conducting two examinations, one at the end of 10th standard and the other at the end of 12th standard. The universities used the scores of 12th standard board examinations to determine eligibility criteria and as a cut-off for admissions into their programmes for admission process and others. The exams of SSLC and OLSC are generally held in March, June, and October. The other exams are also conducted by the board for the school standards. The jurisdiction of Tamilnadu board extends to schools too which are situated in the state.
The government of Tamilnadu constituted a new board for school examination in the year 2002 named Tamilnadu Board of Secondary Education by merging the existing two different boards named Board of Secondary Education and Board of Higher Secondary Examinations. The board that conducts 12th standard examinations in the schools, including both government and private schools is Tamilnadu Board of Higher Secondary Education, which functions under the Tamilnadu State Board of Examinations. The board started its functioning in the year 1982.
The Board specially focuses on the following areas:
1. collecting the data related to the students appearing in the several examinations,
2. authorization of the centers to conduct the examination,
3. to maintain and supply question papers to the relevant centers,
4. deliver stationary articles at the exam centers,
5. tabulation of marks, release results and certificates,
6. Organizing the studies for the drop out students who could not complete their education due to some reason. The department conducts 8th standard public exam that is purely for the private candidates and these candidates are also permitted for the exams SSLC and Higher Secondary School Exams directly.
7. Providing roll numbers of the registered students for the exam and hall tickets for the private students.
8. Appointing officials to conduct the exam at the several centers that is based on the received proposal of the officers. It also includes constitution of valuation centers and the appointment of the examiners to conduct the exam.
The Tamil Nadu Education Board is one of the most dominating education systems in India.
Tamilnadu Board Syllabus
Tamilnadu is one of the most literate cities in India and the literacy rate is approx 80.33% according to the record of the past year 2011 which is above the national average. In a survey Tamilnadu ranked number one among the all Indian states with about 100% Gross Enrollment Ratio (GER) in the both primary and upper primary education. This is obvious due to the study ...Read More
Tamilnadu Board Text Books
The corporation for the publishing of the text books in the state formed by the Government in the year 1970 named as Tamilnadu text Book Corporation with the function of printing and distributing the text books to the students in the Tamilnadu state in a affordable cost. This corporation is developed to ensure the quality of the text books from the 1st standard to the 12th standar...Read More
Tamilnadu Board Previous Year Question Papers
Tamilnadu board was developed in the year 1910 and works under the department of education, Government of Tamil Nadu, India. At the ending of the 10th standard the streams SSLC (Secondary school leaving certificate), OSLC (oriental school leaving certificate) and matriculation stream are offered. For the 11th and 12th standard that is for the higher seconda...Read More
Tamilnadu Board Sample Papers
To fight the exams are the biggest fear for the students and usually its noted that most of the students are not satisfied with their results. All the year they work hard but at the time of exams this appears like the big fear for the students. Sometimes this happens due to not having a proper guidance for the preparation of the examination. Here we are pr...Read More
Excel in your exam with Edurite.
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Economics 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Political Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Elective 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology 2005
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2008
- West Bengal Board Class 11 Syllabus For Accountancy
- ICSE Board Class 10 Physics
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Physics
- ICSE Board Class 11 Chemistry
- Haryana Board Class 12 Melodic
- Haryana Board Class 12 Agriculture
- Meghalaya Board Class 11 English Core
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Animal Husbandry
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 History
- Haryana Board Class 12 Entrepreneurship