Tamilnadu Board Class 10 Science Sample Papers 2011
Tamilnadu Board Sample Papers 2011 for Class 10 Science
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS :
1.Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable.
2.The question paper has two Groups ‘A’ and ‘B’ and it is compulsory to answer all the questions of both the Groups.
3.Marks allotted to each question are printed against it.
4.Write the answers of questions in the context of instructions given with the questions.
Group ‘A’ ( Physics and Chemistry) — 40 Marks
Group ‘B’ ( Biology ) — 20 Marks
5.Internal options have been given for some questions. You are to attempt only one option in such questions.
6.Question Nos. 1 to 4 of Group A and Question Nos. 17 & 18 of Group B are‘Very short answer’ type questions. Answer these questions in one word or in one sentence each.
7.Question Nos. 5 to 8 of Group A and Question Nos. 19 & 20 of Group B are ‘Short Answer-II’ type questions. Answer each one of these questions in 30 to 40 words.
8.Question Nos. 9 to 14 of Group A and Question Nos. 21 to 23 of Group B are ‘Short Answer-I’ type questions. Answer these questions in 40 to 50 words each.
1.What is the SI unit of charge ?
2.Write the chemical formula of bleaching powder.
3.Write the full name of NASA.
4.Give the name of the functional group in RCHO
5.The power of a lens is + 2·0 D. Find its focal length.
6.Write the names of four factors which affect the rate of reaction.
7.Distinguish between polar and equatorial orbits for artificial satellites.
8.Write the names of two oxides which are neither acidic nor basic.
Why is sodium kept immersed in kerosene oil ?
9.Mention any three differences between box type solar cooker and a concentrator type solar heater.What is Hypermetropia ? Mention its causes. How can this defect be corrected ?
10. What do you mean by irreversible reaction ? Give one example.
11. What do you mean by looming ?
12. Write any three uses of Ethanoic acid.
13. A torch bulb is rated at 2·5 V, 500 mA. Find the power of the bulb.
14. How is propanone prepared commercially ?
15.What is the function of an earth wire ? Explain. Why is it necessary to earth the metallic appliances ? Explain. Why is the series arrangement not used for domestic circuits ?
What is a chain reaction and how is it produced ? Explain.
16. Write chemical equations for the following reactions :
Iron with steam
Calcium with water
Potassium with water
Zinc with aqueous solution of copper sulphate
Calcium with hydrogen.
Write balanced chemical equations for the three chemical reactions that take place during the conversion of sulphur dioxide to
sulphuric acid in contact process.Why water should never be added to concentrated sulphuric acid ? Explain with reasons.
17. When is World Environment Day celebrated ?
18. What is the virus with R.N.A. heredity material called ?
19. Explain the mechanism of gaseous exchange between Tissue and Blood.
20. To which particular occupation are the following diseases related ?
(iii) Pneumoconiosis (iv) Asbestosis.
21. What is sexually transmitted disease ? Write the names of any two sexually transmitted diseases. What are the symptoms of these diseases ?
22. Draw the flowchart to illustrate Reflex arc. ( Description is not required )
23. What are Transpiration and Translocation ?
24. How is food digested in stomach ? What do you mean by the term 'Assimilation of food' ? What do we gain from assimilation of food ?
What are the factors that affect the photosynthesis ? Explain briefly.
Tamilnadu Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Tamilnadu Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Tamilnadu Board Sample Question Paper for class 10 Now
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 History 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology 2008
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2005
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Physical Education
- ICSE Board Class 12 Psychology
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Economics
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Economics
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Agriculture
- CBSE Board 12th Accountancy Syllabus
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Persian
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 English (Special Language)
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Science & Technology
- Maharashtra Board Class 11 Math & statistics syllabus