Tamilnadu Board Class 10 English Core Sample Papers 2011
Tamilnadu Board Sample Papers 2011 for Class 10 English Core
Sample Paper Of English
Quote from memory :
1. Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness, ……………………………………………………..
…………………………………………………………………………………………….. eaves run;
He replied: That’s not surprising,
across the floor !
Answer the following questions in two or three sentences each :
1. What are the three things necessary for free thinking ?
2. Do you like the beautiful things like plays and pictures ? Why ?
3. Why did the game next morning astonish the author ? What did see ?
4. What did the stout old lady do to enjoy her liberty ?
5. What happened to Sudha Chandran during the accident ?
6. What was the kind of lifestyle of Aksionov before going to the Nizhny fair ?
7. Which are the names and forms that bind the soul ?
8. Why was the Shepherd surprised at the sight of the dog ?
9. What was Rustum’s grief ?
10. What was the pact signed by Ajamil ?
11. ‘The Gifts of God’ is the better title for the poem ‘The Pulley’. Why ?
12. What is the real message of the poem ‘Encroachment’ ?
Explain with reference to the context :
13. “Pray do not trouble about that.”
14. “It’s the man that counts.”
15. “Well, I’m cured now; I can walk.”
Answer each of the following questions in about ten sentences :
16. Do you think the narrator was prone to be prejudicial ? Explain.
What do you think are the dangers of over-specialization ?
17. In what way was the Palk Straits more difficult to swim than the English Channel ?
“Revathi is the child of Tragedy.” Explain.
18. Why did Emily Dickinson not refuse the invitation to take a ride with him ( suitor ) ?
Rewrite as directed :
19. Write the other two forms of the sentence :
He did this in my absence.
( The other forms are compound and complex ).
20. Change into other degrees of comparison :
Abdul is the strongest boy in the class.
21. Change into indirect speech :
“I have passed the examination,” he said
22. Frame sentences as to show the difference in meaning between the pair of words.
Emit — Omit
23. Assume that you are Varun/Vanitha.
Write a letter to your uncle in Chennai to send you a personal computer.
Write a letter to the Corporation Commissioner about the bad condition of your street.
24. Develop a readable story from the outline given below and suggest a suitable title. 4
A king has a wise minister who has deep faith in God — often says “It is all for the best” — the king gets a boil on his finger — the surgeon cuts it — the minister says, “It is all for the best”. — the king throws him in jail — the king goes to the forests for game — is caught by tribals — they decide to sacrifice him — the cut finger saves him — comes back and sets the minister
free — begs his pardon.
25. Write an essay on any one of the following topics :
a)Noise pollution and its effects
b) National festivals and their importance
c) Population explosion and its effects.
26.Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions that follow :
It is no doubt true that we cannot go through life without sorrow, there can be no sunshine without shade. We must not complain that roses have thorns, but rather be grateful that thorns bear flowers. Our existence here is so complex that we must expect much sorrow and suffering. Many people distress and torment themselves about the mystery of existence. But
although a good man may at times be angry with the world, it is certain that no man was ever discontented who did his duty in it. The world is like a looking glass. If you smile, it smiles, if you frown, it frowns back. Always try then to look at the bright side of things. Life has been a comedy to those who think and a tragedy to those who feel. It is indeed a tragedy at times and comedy very often, but as a rule, it is what we choose to make.
a. What is the world compared to ? Why ?
b. What is life made up of ?
Tamilnadu Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Tamilnadu Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Tamilnadu Board Sample Question Paper for class 10 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Economics 2009
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2009
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 English Literature 2013-SET-2
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Hindi 2013
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2009
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Social Science 2013
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Hindi 2013-SET-4
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Social Science 2013-SET-2
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Math For 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Element of Science 2013-SET-2
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Political Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Computer Science 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Computer Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Computer Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Hindi
- Samacheer Kalvi Class 10 Social Science
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Music (Hindustani Vocal)
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Telugu(Special)
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Bengali
- ICSE Board Class 12 Math
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Sociology
- CBSE BOARD Home Science Syllabus for Class 12
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Philosophy
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 Home Science