Tamilnadu Board Class 12 Chemistry Sample Papers 2011
Tamilnadu Board Sample Papers 2011 for Class 12 Chemistry
Sample Question Paper
1. State Heisenberg’s uncertainity principle.
2. Mention the disadvantage of Pauling Scale.
3. What is plumbo solvency.
4. Write the uses of Neon.
5. Why transition elements form complexes?
6. What is the action of heat on copper sulphate crystals?
7. How many α and β particles will be emitted by an element 84 A218 is changing to a stable isotope of 82 B 206 ?
8. What are superconductors?
9. Calculate the change of entropy for the process, water (liquid) water (vapour 373K) involving ∆ H (vap) = 40850J mol -1
10. State Lechatlier’s principle.
11. Define half life period.
12. What are simple and complex reactions?
13. Why colloidal system of gas in gas does not exist?
14. State Faraday’ s first law.
15. Distinguish enantiomers and diastereomers.
16. How is phenolphthalein prepared?
17. Explain the synthesis of glycerol from propylene.
18. Formaldehyde and benzaldehyde give Cannizzaro reaction but acetaldehyde does not account for this?
19. Formic acid reduces Tollen’s reagent, but acetic acid does not. Give reason.
20. An organic compound (A) having molecular formula C 2 H7 N is treated with nitrous acid to give (B) of molecular formula C 2 H6 O which on mild oxidation gives compound (C) of molecular formula C 2 H4 O which answers Tollens reagent test. Identify A, B, C.
21. Ilustrate with suitables the term ‘Anaesthetics’.1 0
PART - III
Note : (7 x 5 = 35)
(i) Answer any Seven questions choosing at least two questions from each section.
Section - A
22 . The approximate mass of an elect ron is 10 -27 g.Calculate the uncertainty in its velocity.If the the uncertainity in its position were of the order of 10 -11 m.
23. Explain the extraction of silver from its chief ore.
24. What is Ianthanide contraction? Discuss its consequences.
25. Explain Co-ordination isomerism and ionisation isomerism with suitable examples.
Section - B
26. In the thermal decomposition of N 2 O at 764°C, the time required to decompose half of the reactant was 263 seconds, when the initial pressure was 290 mm of Hg and 212 seconds at an initial pressure of 360 mm of Hg. What is the order of this reaction?
27. State the various statements of second law of Thermodynamics.
28. Derive the integrated Van’t Hoff equation for an equilibrium reaction.
29. Derive Nernst equation.
Section - C
30. Distinguish between aromatic and aliphalic ethers.
31. Write notes on
i) Perkin’s reaction and
ii) Knoevenagal reaction
32. Discuss the mechanism of bromination of salicyclic acid.
33. Explain briefly on characteristics of rocket propellants.
(4 x 10 = 40)
Note : Answer question number 70 and any three from the remaining questions.
34. (a) Write notes on Pauling’s and Mulliken’s Scale of Electronegativity. 
(b) Give an account of the structure of ortho and cyclic silicates. 
35. (a) Explain Werners theory of coordination compounds. 
(b) Explain the uses of radioactive isotopes with examples. 
Tamilnadu Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Tamilnadu Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Tamilnadu Board Sample Question Paper for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2008
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Elements of Science & Maths for Agriculture 2013
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Economics 2011
- CBSE Board Class 9 Social Science 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 English Core 2013-SET-4
- CBSE Board Class 11 Computer Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 10 Biology 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Book keeping & Accountancy 2013
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Biology
- Tamilnadu Board Class 10 Social Science Sample Paper Of 2005
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Elective 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 9 Computer Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12th Biology Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2009
- CBSE Board 12 Business Studies Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science 2005
- Haryana Board Class 10 Computer Science
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Entrepreneurship
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 History
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Dance
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Biology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Kannada
- Haryana Board Class 12 Fine Arts
- Haryana Board Class 12 Accountancy & Auditing
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Syllabus of Botany
- CBSE Board 12th Accountancy Syllabus