Tamilnadu Board Class 12 Botany Sample Papers 2011
Tamilnadu Board Sample Papers 2011 for Class 12 Botany
1. What is type specimen?
2. Write the botanical names of any two medicinal plants of Asteraceae and state their uses.
3. Write a note on androecium of Schizanthus pinnatus.
4. Draw the floral diagram of disc floret of Tridax and write its floral formula.
5. Write any three anatomical differences between gymnosperm and angiosperm.
6. What is genome?
7. Write any three significance of crossing over.
8. Write three sentences about genetic code.
9. Define recombinant DNA.
10. How is cell wall removed from intact cells by enzymes?
11. Define energy of activation.
12. Differentiate PS I from PS II.
13. What is photolysis of water?
14. Under what conditions does cyclic electron transport take place?
15. Write the overall reaction of glycolysis.
16. What is electron transport chain with reference to respiration? State its significance.
17. Define respiratory quotient. What is the respiratory quotient value of glucose?
18. What is bolting?
19. Explain genetically modified organisms in biological warfare.
20. Write any three economic importance of groundnut.
21. Bring out any five salient features of ICBN.
22. Write the economic importance of the family Rubiaceae.
23. Describe xylem tissue.
24. Draw the internal structure of monocot leaf and label the parts.
25. Describe the vascular tissue system.
26. Draw the structure of Watson and Crick model of DNA and label the parts.
27. Write any five significance of ploidy.
28. State the applications of tissue culture.
29. Write the most important events of recombinant DNA technology.
30. Explain sigmoid growth curve.
31. Explain Fischer's Lock and Key theory of enzyme action.
32. Discuss the benefits of biofertilizers.
33. Describe Cocos nucifera in botanical terms.
34. a. Write a note on economic importance of Fabaceae.(5 Marks)
b. Differentiate the androecium and gynoecium of Malvaceae to that of Rubiaceae.(5 Marks)
35. Describe the anatomy of monocotyledonous stem.
36. Explain the central dogma of molecular biology.
37. Describe the various steps involved in protoplasmic fusion.
38. Explain various steps involved in Calvin cycle.
39. a. Describe the experiment to demonstrate the liberation of carbon dioxide during
respiration. (5 Marks)
b. Write the significance of pentose phosphate pathway.
40.What is sustainable agriculture? Describe its role in modern agricultural practices.
Tamilnadu Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Tamilnadu Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Tamilnadu Board Sample Question Paper for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Chemistry For 2007
- CBSE Board Class 9 Chemistry 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biology 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10 History 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Hindi (Special Language) 2013-SET-4
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Math For 2009
- ICSE Board Class 10 Home Science 2010
- ICSE Board Class 10 English Core
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Math 2011
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology 2010
- CBSE Board Class 9 English Core 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 History 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Functional English 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Math
- Maharashtra Board Class 11 Math & statistics syllabus
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 Computer Science
- West Bengal Board Class 11 Syllabus For Political Science
- Gujarat Board Class 11 English Core
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Sociology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Socially Useful Productive Work
- West Bengal Board Class 11 Syllabus For Geography
- Haryana Board Class 12 Entrepreneurship
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Geography