Tamilnadu Board Class 12 Botany Sample Papers 2007
Tamilnadu Board Sample Papers 2007 for Class 12 Botany
Time : 3 Hours
Max Marks : 150
Section - A (30 × 1 = 30 marks)
Note : Answer all the questions.
1.Choose and write the correct option.
2.Each question carries one mark.
1.Bentham and Hooker's classification of plants is an example for
2.‘Origin of species’ had given stimulus for the creation of classification of plants called
3.Plants having flowers with petals fused with one another are placed under
4.Solanaceae is placed under
5.Monothecous anthers are seen in the members of
6.Vexillary aestivation is seen in the corolla of
7.The type of aestivation seen in the perianth of female flowers of Cocos nucifera is twisted
8.Lacunate collenchyma is seen in
9.Root hair develops from
10.Hypodermis of maize stem is made up of
11.The vascular bundles are collateral, open and endarch in
12.Bundle sheath in dicot leaf is made up of
13.One of the stop codons is
14.The unit of genetic map is
15.The 17th human chromosome is
16.Trisomy is represented by
-2n - 1
-2n - 2
-2n + 2
-2n + 1
17.Unorganized mass of undifferentiated tissue is called
18.The enzyme which cleaves DNA at very specific places is called
19.The fusogenic agent used in protoplasmic fusion is
20.The name enzyme was coined by
21.Protein component of an enzyme is called
22.Which one of the following is essential for the formation of chlorophyll?
23.Which one of the following is a 4 carbon compound?
24.Hatch-Slack pathway is also known as
25.An example for insectivorous plant is
26.Glycolysis takes place in
27.The rate of growth in length can be measured by
-test tube and funnel experiment
28.Which of the following is widely employed as a successful biofertilizer in Indian rice field?
29.Tikka disease of groundnut is caused by
30.The plant product used to treat heart diseases is
Section - B (15 × 3 = 45 marks)
Note : Answer any 15 questions.
Each question carries 3 marks.
31.What is type specimen?
32.Write the botanical names of any two medicinal plants of Asteraceae and state their uses.
33.Write a note on androecium of Schizanthus pinnatus.
34.Draw the floral diagram of disc floret of Tridax and write its floral formula.
35.Write any three anatomical differences between gymnosperm and angiosperm.
36.What is genome?
37.Write any three significance of crossing over.
38.Write three sentences about genetic code.
39.Define recombinant DNA.
40.How is cell wall removed from intact cells by enzymes?
41.Define energy of activation
42.Differentiate PS I from PS II
43.What is photolysis of water?
44.Under what conditions does cyclic electron transport take place?
45.Write the overall reaction of glycolysis.
46.What is electron transport chain with reference to respiration? State its significance.
47.Define respiratory quotient. What is the respiratory quotient value of glucose?
48.What is bolting?
49.Explain genetically modified organisms in biological warfare.
50.Write any three economic importance of groundnut.
Section - C (7 × 5 = 35 marks)
Answer any 7 questions.
Answer to Q.No 55 question is compulsory and this question should not be left as option.
Draw diagrams wherever necessary.
Each question carries 5 marks.
51.Bring out any five salient features of ICBN.
52.Write the economic importance of the family Rubiaceae.
53.Describe xylem tissue.
54.Draw the internal structure of monocot leaf and label the parts.
55.Describe the vascular tissue system.
56.Draw the structure of Watson and Crick model of DNA and label the parts.
57.Write any five significance of ploidy.
58.State the applications of tissue culture.
59.Write the most important events of recombinant DNA technology.
60.Explain sigmoid growth curve.
61.Explain Fischer's Lock and Key theory of enzyme action.
62.Discuss the benefits of biofertilizers.
Section - D (4 × 10 = 40 marks)
Answer any 4 questions.
Draw diagrams wherever necessary
Each question carries 10 marks.
63.Describe Cocos nucifera in botanical terms.
64.a. Write a note on economic importance of Fabaceae. (5 Marks)
b. Differentiate the androecium and gynoecium of Malvaceae to that of Rubiaceae (5 Marks)
65.Describe the anatomy of monocotyledonous stem.
66.Explain the central dogma of molecular biology.
67.Describe the various steps involved in protoplasmic fusion.
68.Explain various steps involved in Calvin cycle.
69.a)Describe the experiment to demonstrate the liberation of carbon dioxide during respiration. (5 marks)
b)Write the significance of pentose phosphate pathway. (5 marks)
70.What is sustainable agriculture? Describe its role in modern agricultural practices.
Tamilnadu Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Tamilnadu Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Tamilnadu Board Sample Question Paper for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Fashion Studies 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2005
- Tamilnadu Board Class 12 Botany Sample Paper Of 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Political Science 2009
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Elements of Science & Maths for Agriculture 2013
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2010
- Gujarat Board Class 12 English Elective 2011
- West Bengal Board Class 12 Biology Sample Paper Of 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2010
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2009
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Political Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 9 Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2011
- CBSE Board 12 Political Science Previous Year Question Paper 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Elective 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2011
- CBSE Board 12th Class History Previous Year Question Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Political Science 2010
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 9 Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Bengali(Special)
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Political Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 English (Special Language)
- CBSE Board Class 11 Home Science
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Political Science
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Syllabus of Botany
- Gujarat Board Class 11 History
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Sociology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Geography