The Mizoram Board of School Education was established in 1975 to regulate the educational activities of the entire state. The Board supervises the academic sessions and monitors the examination process. To educate the people of the state, and enhance the standard of social life, the Board provides schools affiliation. A vast geographical area including the 8 districts of the state come under the jurisdiction of this educational Board. This Board comes under the judicial periphery of the Department of Education, Government of Mizoram.
Associated with the state Government, the Board takes care of educational matters and takes required steps to upgrade its educational standard. Based on some imperative research, the Board has taken several innovative steps to cater to the education needs of the state in a better way. Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan has been implemented by the Mizoram State Educational Department. Structurally the Board is divided into several branches including the General Branch and the Academic Branch to regularize its administrative activities.
The Mizoram Board of School Education is an autonomous body, and it started functioning under the MBSE Act of 1975. The Board has been delegated the process of conducting examinations from class I to IX. It also conducts public examinations for class X and class XII. The Board maintains an updated syllabus for each class, and prescribes suitable text books. All exam related activities such as the setting of the exam paper, time table of the exams and hall tickets are maintained by this Board. It publishes its results at the end of every academic session. A good number of students appear for the exam every year. The Board offers a favorable educational environment, and encourages students as well.
The main functions of the Board are :
The Board provides recognition to schools and Institutes, and also monitors their administrative work.
To maintain quality education, the Board evaluates the syllabus and recommends textbooks
The Board takes the responsibility of conducting exams and publishes results after the completion of the respective exams.
The Board maintains co-ordination with the state Government for any educational matters.
The Board motivates students and as well as teachers by conducting interactive programs
Along with its different branches, the Board continues with its praiseworthy administrative work
The Board provides syllabus for its regular and vocational courses
The Board regulates exams for both regular and private candidates
Mizoram Board Syllabus
The Mizoram Board of School Education was started to serve the educational demands of the state. The Board is an Autonomous body and it efficiently controls the educational activities including the examination process and the publication of results. Additionally, the Board maintains the quality of education along with offering a well structured syllabus. The Board revises the syll...Read More
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Computer Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Elective 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2011
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 Computer Science
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Functional English
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 English Literature
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 Home Science
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Geography
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Math
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Hindi (Special Language)
- Maharashtra Board Class 11 Chemistry syllabus
- West Bengal Board Class 9 Syllabus For English Core
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Geography