The Meghalaya Board of School Education was started in 1974, and the Board is also known as MBOSE. This Board was established under the Meghalaya Board of School Education Act, 1973.The primary function of this Board is to empower students by providing quality education. The Board takes care of the education of students from 3 to 17 years. In 1996, the Board started to expand and took on the responsibility of conducting examinations by following an updated syllabus. At present, the Board supervises all academic matters including the syllabus and fees. The Board maintains the property and assets which are allotted for educational purpose by the state Government. The Meghalaya Board of School Education(MBOSE) imparts quality education, and additionally it also offers an encouraging environment which students require for their mental and physical development.
The Board evaluates the syllabus, and based on current research and present economic demands, it modifies the syllabus and adds the latest content to modernize the learning process. The Board makes the syllabus facilitative for the younger generations, increasing their employment potential. Since its inception, the Board is working as the governing body, and this body prepares the syllabus and prescribes the relevant text books. The Board conducts the Secondary Examination and the Higher Secondary Examination. For the Higher Secondary Examination, Science, Arts and Commerce streams are available. Both regular and private candidates can take the examinations.
MBOSE maintains a constructive educational system where any student can get a suitable learning environment along with proper training in English, the second most common language in the world. It caters to education at an International level. The Board offers local languages including Garo, Khasi and others. It aims to make students all rounders, and spread education to different parts of the state. The Board offers affiliation to schools and almost 1400 schools are affiliated with it.
Fees structure :
The Board offers a low fee structure so that everyone can get educated. For schools, the fee is Rs. 850/- annually for regular and private students. Unregistered private students need to pay Rs. 1000/-. The Board provides for free and compulsory education up to the 8th standard and it also provides free text books and uniforms. The Board maintains a comprehensive educational system that can prepare students for competitive exams.
Functions of the Board :
The Board is striving to meet the basic demands of students by providing quality education.
The Board brings in new dimensions in the concerned areas including the varied form of examinations.
The Board is involved in improving the educational structure and syllabus, as well.
It provides a conducive environment to students to achieve their goals
The Board develops a useful operational framework that can meet the emerging needs of the society
The Board endeavors to provide for an all round development in all respects.
The Board prepares students to face challenges in competitive fields.
The facilitative environment of the Board makes students decision makers
The Board empowers students and plays a major role in educating the society, as well.
The Board gives a promising platform where a student can progress intellectually and artistically.
Meghalaya Board Syllabus
Excel in your exam with Edurite.
Excel in your exam with Edurite.
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12th Economics Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board 12 Business Studies Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology 2010
- Samacheer Kalvi Class 10 Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 National, Social Service(NSS)
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Business Studies
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Telugu(Special)
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Gujarati
- ICSE Board Class 12 Political Science
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Sociology
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Education for Human Values
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Marathi
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Political Science