Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Chemistry Sample Papers 2013
Madhya Pradesh Board Sample Papers 2013 for Class 12 Chemistry
Total Time: 3 hours
Total Marks: 75
(1) All questions are compulsory
(2) Read the instructions of question paper carefully and write their answers.
(3) Q. Nos. 1 to 4 are objective types which contain fill in the blanks one word answer, match the column and choose the correct answer Each question is allotted 5 marks.
(4) Internal options are given in Q. No. 5 to 17.
(5) Q. No. 5 to 14 carry 4 marks each.
(6) Q. No.s 15 to 17 carry 5 marks each.
(Objective type Questions)
1. Fill in the blanks
(a) Those substance in which atom, molecule and ions has all paired electron are called ______________________
(b) In lead storage cell the used cathode and anode are of ___________ metal
(c) The surface tersion of lyophillic colloid _______________________
(d) The metal with maximum density in transitional metal is _________
(e) The chemical name of Hinsberg reagent is ____________________
2. Write the answer in one sentence
(a) Write radial ratio in Tetra headral crystal.
(b) What is unit of first order reaction?
(c) The cleansing action of soap is based on which principle.
(d) Malachite is ore of which metal?
(e) In end product of which reaction has one less carbon atom in carbon chain.
3. Write the correct answer from the given options provided in every objective type question.
(a) Diamond is an example of which type of crystalline solid
(i) Ionic Crystal
(ii) Covalent Crystal
(iii) Metallic Crystal
(iv) Molecular Crystal
(b) In the reaction 2SO2 + O2 pt 2so3 As2 S3 is → As2s3
(i) Auto Catalyst
(iv) Positive Catalyst
(c) What is RCONH2 + X →R-NH 2
(iii) CHCl 3
(d) The Molarity of Pure water is -
(e) The most electronegative element is
4. Match the right pairs.
(i) 2 Atom
(ii) First antibiotic
(c) Release of Hair
(iii) H2 S2 O7
(vi) Precipitation of colloidal solution
(vii) octahedral solid
5. Write any four differences between rate of reaction and rate constant.
Clarify the meaning of threshold energy and activation energy with the help of graph.
6. Differentiate among cast iron, wrought iron and steel.
Define photography by the following points
(i) Preparation of sensitive Plate
7. Give Reason :
(i) Oxygen is a gas, while sulphur is solid
(ii) P2 o5 is used as dehydrating agent.
Write any four formula and structure of oxi acid of sulphur.
8. Explain the following (Only Equation)
(a) Reaction of chlorine with Conc. NaOH
(b) Chlorine with Excess of NH3
(c) Reaction of sodium hydroxide with hydrochloric acid
(d) Reaction of H2SO4 with Bleaching powder
Why elements of group 17 are called halogen? Explain the following property of halogen
(i) Oxidation state
(ii) Electro negativity
(iii) Oxidizing property
9. Write the I.U.P.A.C. names of the following compounds.
(i) Fe4 [ Fe(CN)6]3
(ii) K[ Ag (CN)2 ]
(iii) [Co(NH3) 6 ] Cl 3
(iv) K[BF 4]
Clarify that Ni(CO) 4 is tetrahedral, while [ Ni(CN) 4] 2 is square planer.
10. How will you obtained the following from CHCl 3
(ii) C2 H2
Draw the labelled diagram and write chemical equation of Lab. method of Iodo form from alcohol.
11. Distinguish among primary, secondary and tertiary alcohols by victor Mayer's method.
Explain Lab method of preparing of diethyl ether in the following points.
(i) Labelled diagram
(ii) Chemical Equation
12. Explain the following reactions with chemical equation.
(i) Stephen Reaction
(ii) Benjoin Condensation
What happens when-
(i) Formaldehyde react with NH 3
(ii) Acetic acid react with P 2 O 5
(iii) C 6 H 5 CHO with caustic soda
(iv) CH 3 CONH 2 reacts with Nitrous Acid
13. Explain the meaning of carbohydrate with example. How do they act as a source of energy.
Write short notes on-
(i) Peptide Bond
(ii) Poly-peptide Bond
14. Write the name, botanical name and uses of four medicinal plants.
(i) Name two chemicals used as artificial sweetener.
(ii) Explain with example the insect repellent.
15. (i) "Osmotic pressure is a colligative properties" Explain it ?
(ii) Evaluate osmotic pressure of 10% Glucose solution at room temp (25 ° C)
(S = 0.0821 litre atm K -1 mol -1, mol.mass of glucose = 180)
Explain the following-
(i) Abnormal molecular mass
(ii) Vant Hoff Factor
16. Explain lead storage battery with labelled diagram and write chemical reactions for
charging and discharging.
Write definition, formula and unit of specific conductivity and equivalent conductivity.
17. Write any five difference between the elements of d and f block elements.
What is lanthanide contraction. Explain their effect and uses of their alloys.
The answers are written in the attached sheet.
Madhya Pradesh Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Madhya Pradesh Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Madhya Pradesh Board Sample Question Paper for class 12 Now
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Computer Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science Previous Year Question Paper 2008
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Chemistry Previous Year Question paper of 2007
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 10 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2009
- ICSE Board Class 10 History 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Chemistry 2005
- CBSE Board Class 10 Functional English 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Computer Science 2007
- Haryana Board Class 12 Geography
- CBSE Board 12th English Core Syllabus
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Environmental Studies
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Computer Science
- Manipur Board Class 9 Bengali
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Telugu(Special)
- Haryana Board Class 12 Home Science
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 10 Science
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Biology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Sanskrit (special)