Karnataka Board Class 10 Science Sample Papers 2011
Karnataka Board Sample Papers 2011 for Class 10 Science
Science sample question paper
1. The mass of an object is 10 kg. Its average weight on the surface of earth in kg m / s 2 is
(A) 10 (B) 98
(C) 9•8 (D) 980.
2. A physicist observes the raise of temperature in a thermometer till the water raises to 100°C at sea level. Even if the heating is continued the thermometer shows only the same temperature. This is because
(A) thermometer cannot show more than 100°C
(B) enough mercury is not filled in the thermometer
(C) water will not accept the heat to raise the temperature
(D) heat is utilised by the water to change into steam.
3. Which is the best engine among the following ?
(A) 720 kJ of work is done by 1800 kJ of heat
(B) 450 kJ of work is done by 900 kJ of heat
(C) The efficiency is 36%
(D) 100 kJ of work is done by 1000 kJ of heat.
4. Clouds appear generally white in the sunlight because
(A) clouds produce composite light
(B) of Raman's effect
(C) clouds are transparent
(D) clouds scatter all the wavelengths of light uniformly.
5. When a monochromatic light is passed through organic liquids, the scattered light in comparison with the incident light will be of
(A) the same frequency
(B) the higher frequency
(C) the lower frequency
(D) both lower and higher frequencies.
6. The colour which bends the least, when composite light is passed through a glass prism is
(A) red (B) violet
(C) yellow (D) blue.
7. The type of galaxy to which our galaxy belongs is
(A) spiral (B) irregular
(C) elliptical (D) andromeda.
8. Which one among the following stars has the highest temperature ?
(A) Sun (B) Rigel
(C) Betelgeuse (D) Sirius.
9. The half-life period of radium is 1600 years. The time required for 2 gram of radium to reduce itself to 25% is
(A) 3200 years (B) 2400 years
(C) 4800 years (D) 1600 years.
10. An engineer advises the mechanic who makes the solar water heater to bend the copper pipe in the form of a coil to
(A) make water to flow easily
(B) give attractive look
(C) reduce the cost
(D) increase the area of heat absorption.
11. Write any two differences between AC dynamo and DC dynamo. 2
12. Draw a neat sketch of a laser tube. 2
13. Name the following :
a) The outermost layer of the atmosphere of the sun. 12
b) Dark irregular patches on the photosphere. 12
c) The spectacular colour display seen in the polar regions of the earth. 12
d) The nuclear reaction in the core of the sun. 12
14. Draw a neat sketch to indicate the expansion stroke of an external combustion engine. 2
15. What happens when
a) Heated aluminium powder is sprinkled in the jar of chlorine ? 1
b) Iron nail is kept in the jar of copper sulphate solution ? 1
16. What are radioisotopes ? Name the isotope used in the treatment of overactive thyroid glands. 2
17. What is cracking of petroleum ? Imagine that C 16 H 34 is cracked to produce two products in which one of them is octene. Name the other. 2
18. a) What is Permutit ? 1
b) Name any two salts which cause permanent hardness in water. 1
19. Give scientific reasons :
a) Iron nail kept in a closed jar containing calcium chloride does not rust. 1
b) Copper does not displace hydrogen from dilute acids. 1
20. a) Explain the working of a rocket. 2
b) Write any four factors on which the acceleration of the rocket depends. 2
21. a) Draw a neat sketch of nuclear power reactor. 2
b) Draw a neat sketch of nuclear chain reaction and name any two products. 2
22. It is slightly difficult to pull out a bean plant from the ground than a paddy plant. Why ? 2
23. Draw a neat sketch of a dicot leaf showing reticulate venation. 2
24. Mention the functions of dense connective tissue. 2
25. “An injury to the left cerebral hemisphere may result in paralysis of organs on the right side.” Give reason. 2
Karnataka Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Karnataka Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Karnataka Board Sample Question Paper for class 10 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Math 2013-SET-3
- Tamilnadu Board Class 12 Accountancy Sample Paper Of 2011
- Tamilnadu Board Class 10 Physics Sample Paper Of 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Elective 2009
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Social Science 2013-SET-2
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 English (Special Language) 2013-SET-4
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Psychology 2009
- CBSE Board Class 8 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biotechnology 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2008
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board 12 Biology Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Elective 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Chemistry 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2010
- CBSE Board Class 9 Computer Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Computer Science 2008
- CBSE Board Class 10 Functional English 2005
- CBSE Board 12th English Elective Syllabus
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Math
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Business Studies
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Syllabus of Botany
- CBSE Board Class 8 Syllabus For Social Science
- Haryana Board Class 12 Physics
- CBSE Board Class 11 Sociology
- CBSE Board 12th Entrepreneurship Syllabus
- Manipur Board Class 10 Hmar
- ICSE Board Class 11 Geography