Karnataka Board Class 10 Home Science Sample Papers 2011
Karnataka Board Sample Papers 2011 for Class 10 Home Science
1. On a care label of a garment, a circle enclosed in a square will represent the following instruction
a) dry flat
b) tumble dry
c dry clean with special care
d) machine wash only.
2. Coffee stains are removed by using
a) methylated spirit
c) turpentine oil
d) oxalic acid
3. Hot water is never used to remove stains of
c) ball point
4. In suction washing dirt is removed by
a) creating vacuum
b) using brush
5. Identify four characteristics which will establish a skill as a resource.
6. Rita earns Rs.4000/- per month. Convince her to save rupees two hundred every month,
7. Mr. Bhatia lives in a city with his wife. Suggest to them two ways each to increase their real and money income.
8. Give two reasons why you have to be alert even when purchasing something from a reliable shop. While purchasing quality stuff what two other important points you must remember?
9. Identify four ways in which packages can mislead the consumers.
10. Write four points you will keep in mind to get best results from the cleaning agents used for washing clothes.
11. Your sister is putting away her cotton saris for winters. What four point you will tell her for their appropriate storage to avoid any damage.
12. What four suggestions would you give to your sister while starching clothes?
13. What four important preparations you would require before washing your clothes?
14. You found patches on your white shirt after it was treated with blue. Give four reasons for these stains.
15. You are making a care label for a coloured gent's cotton shirt. Illustrate one way each to give instructions of bleaching , washing, ironing and drying.
16. Present four points for examining the quality of lining in a readymade coat?
17. How will you judge the drape of a stitched garment? Write two reasons for getting a wrong drape in it.
18. Why is conserving of energy important while preparing food? Suggest four ways to conserve your energy while preparing food.
19. Make a checklist of six factors which influence the income of a family.
20. How will you make sure that the vegetable vendor does not weigh less than what you have paid for.
21. What are six common malpractices a cloth merchant generally adopts to deceive the consumers?
22. Seema is not happy with the placket of her tailor made blouse. What could be six reasons for her dissatisfaction?
23 . Give six indicators to recognize a good seam .
24. Mention two main ingredients used for making soap. Also list two advantages and two disadvantages of using soap for washing cloths.
25. Why do we use kneeding and squeezing method for washing silks? Explain the method in four steps.
26. Why are precautions necessary while washing coloured clothes? List four most important point you will keep in mind while washing a pile of coloured clothes.
27. List four ways a library as a community resource gets misused. Suggest four ways to prevent it.
28. Elaborate any four problems each faced by consumers regarding prices and information of goods they need to buy.
29. Mention four fabric related characteristics which will help in choosing the cleaning agent and method of washing woolen articles. Educate your sister for washing her woolen sweater at home.
30. You are using chemicals to remove stains from your expensive dress. Make a checklist of eight points you would remember while doing the same.
Karnataka Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Karnataka Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Karnataka Board Sample Question Paper for class 10 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Informatics Practices 2013-SET-2
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Math 2007
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Geography 2008
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Physics 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Home Science 2013-SET-2
- CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology 2009
- CBSE Board Social Science Sample Papers for Class 10 for year 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Science 2013-SET3
- CBSE Board Class 9 Social Science 2007
Previous Year Paper
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Chemistry Previous Year Question paper of 2007
- CBSE Board 12 Biology Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biology 2010
- CBSE Board 12th Class History Previous Year Question Paper
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biology 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology 2010
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Physics
- Haryana Board Class 8 Punjabi
- Maharashtra Board Class 11 Chemistry syllabus
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Agriculture
- Meghalaya Board Class 11 English Core
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Urdu Core
- Rajasthan Board Class 9 Math Syllabus
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Sindhi
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Socially Useful Productive Work
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Arabic