Jammu & Kashmir Board Syllabus
The Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education is responsible for conducting exams and other educational improvement through out the state. The state Government runs the Department of School Education which has several wings like the Directorate of School Education, Jammu, Directorate of School Education, Kashmir, Sarv Shiksha Abhiyan and JKBOSE. This Board has adopted a few schemes including the Mid Day Meal, Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, IEDSS, Saakshar Bharat and more to spread quality education to all parts of the state. The Board also provides a healthy and facilitative environment along with an updated infrastructure to students.
The Board conducts the Secondary School Examinations, Higher secondary examinations (Part I & Part II), Diploma in Elementary Education and a Certificate course in Physical Education. The Board has adopted different academic plans to develop the quality of education in the state. The success of this educational Board depends on coherent syllabus and a formative educational structure. The Board presents its academic sessions in an understandable and synchronized manner and provides a stress free environment to students.
The curriculum is well evaluated and the relevant text books are recommended by the associated expert personnel. Based on current research, the Board develops study material which are value oriented and organized. The syllabus also contains facts and knowledge that can be applied in our practical life. The Board uses information technology when needed. More over, the Board provides a facilitative environment along with systematically organized syllabus that ensures students to realize their potential.
The compulsory subjects of class X are Urdu or Hindi (first compulsory language), General English(Second compulsory language), Mathematics, History, Civics, Geography, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Art education and Health and Physical Education are also included in this syllabus, but these are not compulsory subjects. Music, Painting and Home Science are included for Physically Handicapped pupils including blind, deaf and dumb.
In the Higher Secondary level, the prescribed subjects are English, History, Geography, Economics, Philosophy, Political Science, Education, Sociology, Applied Mathematics, Vedic Studies, Islamic Studies, Music, Statistics, Business Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Travel, Tourism and Hotel Management, Hindi, Dogri, Persian, Sanskrit, Arabic, Kashmiri, Punjabi, Bhoti, Buddhist Studies, Environmental Science, Electronics, Extension Education, Accountancy, Entrepreneurship, Geology others.
Jammu & Kashmir Board Syllabus by class
Jammu & Kashmir Board Syllabus by Subject
Jammu & Kashmir Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Jammu & Kashmir Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 History 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Political Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Economics 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Computer Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2007
- CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2010
- ICSE Board Class 11 Sociology
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 French
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Sanskrit (special)
- Haryana Board Class 12 Business Studies
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Business Studies
- Gujarat Board Class 9 English Core
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Biology
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Business Studies
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Physics
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Chemistry