ICSE Board Syllabus for Sociology
Topics included in ICSE Sociology Syllabus for class 11th are
1. origin and development of sociology and Anthropology
2. The nature of society including concepts and characteristics
3. Race, Ethnicity and culture: Concept of race with definition, traits and racial types, Notion and attributes of culture, Indian traditions, Notion of Ethnicity (Definition and features), relationship between race and culture, Examples of ethnic separatism.
4. Natural and social selection including Heredity and Environment: Natural selection and heredity, Social selection and environment and Interplay of heredity and environment.
5. Social stratification: Social stratification (Definition, differences and inequality), the class system (Nature, development and types of classes), the caste system (concept, caste origin and class comparison, Caste in the country).
6. Population and other social problems: Over population, crime, poverty, unemployment, illiteracy, Impact of urbanization on the environment, alleviating the problems etc.
These theory chapters contain seventy marks out of hundred marks. The remaining thirty marks are included in the practical assessment.
For the class 12th, in the ICSE Sociology Syllabus some increments are made as per the norms. Some major topics of the ICSE Board Syllabus for Sociology are listed below
1. Social institutions
2. Kinship and clan
3. Marriage and Inheritance
4. The family
5. Religion, Magic and Morality
6. Economic organization
7. Women in society
8. Law and justice
9. Social change and development
10. Tribal India in past, present and future
These are some major topics of the subject and include in the class 12th chapters. For more information about the ICSE Sociology Syllabus students need to visit the page of the edurite boards to get the information related to the subject and different boards.
There will be two papers in the subject. Paper I - Theory: 3 hours ……70 marks Paper II- Practical Work ……30 marks PAPER - I (THEORY) – 70 Marks Part 1 (20 marks) will consist of compulsory shortanswer questions testing knowledge, application andskills relating to elementary / fundamental aspects of the entire syllabus. Part II (50 marks) wi...Read More
1. To familiarise candidates with the basic concepts of Sociology and Anthropology. 2. To develop in candidates an understanding of various forces that constitute social life and social problems. 3. To create an awareness of the process of change and development in general and with reference to the Indian society in particular. 4. To provide candidates ...Read More
ICSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with ICSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on ICSE Board Syllabus Now
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Political Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Elective 2009
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 History
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Agriculture
- Haryana Board Class 12 Geography
- Haryana Board Class 8 Punjabi
- CBSE Board Math Syllabus for Class 12
- Haryana Board Class 8 English Literature
- Haryana Board Class 12 Physics
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Economics
- Samacheer Kalvi Class 10 Science
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Business Studies