ICSE Board Syllabus for Psychology
1. About Psychology: Definition, nature, social science, psychoanalysis, structuralism, Functionalism, Emerge of Psychology as an independent discipline Fields of psychology, benefits, Heredity and environment.
2. Methods of psychology: Scientific method in psychology, observation, case study, surveys, psychological experiments and their uses, interpretation of research results etc.
3. Attention and Perception: Nature of attention (Inner and outer determinants), perceptual processes (Difference between sensation and perception), Process involving in transforming sensation to perception, important factors in perceptual process, errors in perception, Errors in perception (illusion of size and shape).
The second section of the ICSE Psychology Syllabus includes the topics described below
4. Emotions and Motivation: The meaning of emotion, Theories of emotion dealing with psychological aspects, the meaning of motives, needs and instincts, unconscious motives, Theories of motivation, social motives and frustration etc.
5. Learning: Definition of learning, Meaning, conditions, types and different styles of learning, learning disabilities and the related topics.
6. Another topic of ICSE Psychology Syllabus is Remembering and Forgetting: The memory system (The different models), Trace decay, retro and pro active inferences, attention, use of imagery, Mnemonic devices, application of principles of learning.
7. Thinking problem solving and creativity: Meaning of thinking (Nature and elements of thinking, Images, concepts and languages and thought, different kinds of thinking), Concepts (Importance of concept of thinking), reasoning (common errors in reasoning, ways to make reasoning more effective, decision making and problem solving algorithms etc.), creative thinking etc.
Thirty marks are included in the ICSE Psychology Syllabus for the practical assessment and the remaining topics are included in the practical session. The further detail about the ICSE Board Syllabus for Psychology can be seen on the portal of edurite web page. We also provide the question papers which are based on the syllabus of ICSE Board.
There will be two papers in the subject. Paper I - Theory: 3 hours …70 marks Paper II- Practical Work: …30 marks PAPER - I (THEORY) – 70 Marks Part I (20 marks) will consist of compulsory short answer questions relating to the fundamental aspects of the entire syllabus. Part II (50 marks) will consist of two sections,A and ...Read More
Get help on ICSE Board Syllabus Now
Previous Year Paper
- ICSE Board Class 10 History 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 History 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies 2010
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2009
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Functional English 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Functional English 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Computer Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Political Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Biology
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Political Science
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Business Studies
- CBSE Board Class 8 Syllabus For English Core
- Haryana Board Class 12 Entrepreneurship
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 French
- CBSE Board 12th English Core Syllabus
- West Bengal Board Class 11 Syllabus For Accountancy
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Business Studies