ICSE Board Syllabus for Political Science
1. Fundamental ideas
It includes Meaning of politics, definition of political science, difference between politics and political science, relation of political science with other social sciences like economics, history and sociology, Difference between state and government, state and society, nationality and nationalism.
2. The origin of the state:
The ICSE Political Science Syllabus of this chapter includes various theories of the origination of the state, Divine theory, the social contract theory, development of state, divine rights of the king’s example from modern states like England, Bhutan, Nepal etc. The force theory, the genetic theory, critical evaluation, the social contract theory,
3. Modern theories of the state:
Socialism, Communisms, Syndicalism, Guild Socialism, Fascism etc.
4. The purpose of the state:
Divergent views, Modern views, meaning of the purpose of the state, views of individuals and socialists, functions of the welfare state etc.
Meaning kinds and characteristics, related definitions etc.
Meaning and nature of law.
Meaning, kinds, political and civil liberty.
Meaning, extent, kinds of liberty.
Meanings and types of citizenship.
10. Forms of government
The second part of the ICSE Board Syllabus for Political Science is about the modern constitutions that include the total topics related to India. This includes the Evolution of the Indian constitution, formation of the constituent assembly of India, The constitution of India, public services, compositions and powers of Union state public service commission’s etc. With ICSE Board Syllabus for Political Science, we have also provided the previous year question papers and sample papers for the students to do practice and enhance the conceptual knowledge. The base must be strong that is why we also provide information about the Syllabus books, Reference Books to the students. For further details and to download the ICSE Board Syllabus for Political Science, Kindly visit our website.
There will be one paper of three hours duration of 100 marks divided into two parts. Part I (30 marks) will consist of compulsory short answer questions, testing knowledge, application and skills relating to elementary/ fundamental aspects of the entire syllabus. Part II (70 marks) will be divided into two sections A & B. Candidates will...Read More
1. To enable candidates to acquire knowledge (including information of facts, terms, concepts, conventions, principles, generalisation, assumption, hypothesis concerning Political Science. 2. To enable candidates to apply acquired knowledge and understanding of procedures and the practices of governance in unfamiliar situations. 3. To devel...Read More
ICSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with ICSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on ICSE Board Syllabus Now
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Elective 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Chemistry 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies Previous Year Question Paper 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2010
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Elective 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Entrepreneurship 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12th Accountancy Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Punjabi (Special)
- ICSE Board Class 10 Chemistry
- ICSE Board Class 11 Economics
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Gujarati (special)
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Oriya
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Psychology
- Rajasthan Board Class 9 Gujarati
- Maharashtra Board Class 11 Physics syllabus
- West Bengal Board Class 12 Syllabus For Biology
- Manipur Board Class 9 Mizo