ICSE Board Syllabus for Political Science
1. Fundamental ideas
It includes Meaning of politics, definition of political science, difference between politics and political science, relation of political science with other social sciences like economics, history and sociology, Difference between state and government, state and society, nationality and nationalism.
2. The origin of the state:
The ICSE Political Science Syllabus of this chapter includes various theories of the origination of the state, Divine theory, the social contract theory, development of state, divine rights of the king’s example from modern states like England, Bhutan, Nepal etc. The force theory, the genetic theory, critical evaluation, the social contract theory,
3. Modern theories of the state:
Socialism, Communisms, Syndicalism, Guild Socialism, Fascism etc.
4. The purpose of the state:
Divergent views, Modern views, meaning of the purpose of the state, views of individuals and socialists, functions of the welfare state etc.
Meaning kinds and characteristics, related definitions etc.
Meaning and nature of law.
Meaning, kinds, political and civil liberty.
Meaning, extent, kinds of liberty.
Meanings and types of citizenship.
10. Forms of government
The second part of the ICSE Board Syllabus for Political Science is about the modern constitutions that include the total topics related to India. This includes the Evolution of the Indian constitution, formation of the constituent assembly of India, The constitution of India, public services, compositions and powers of Union state public service commission’s etc. With ICSE Board Syllabus for Political Science, we have also provided the previous year question papers and sample papers for the students to do practice and enhance the conceptual knowledge. The base must be strong that is why we also provide information about the Syllabus books, Reference Books to the students. For further details and to download the ICSE Board Syllabus for Political Science, Kindly visit our website.
There will be one paper of three hours duration of 100 marks divided into two parts. Part I (30 marks) will consist of compulsory short answer questions, testing knowledge, application and skills relating to elementary/ fundamental aspects of the entire syllabus. Part II (70 marks) will be divided into two sections A & B. Candidates will...Read More
Get help on ICSE Board Syllabus Now
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science Previous Year Question Paper 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biology 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Computer Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2008
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Psychology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 English (Special Language)
- Meghalaya Board Class 11 English Core
- Haryana Board Class 8 English Core
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Malayalam
- CBSE Board 12th English Elective Syllabus
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Kannada(Special)
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 English Core
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Yoga
- Maharashtra Board Class 11 Chemistry syllabus