ICSE Board Class 10 Physics Sample Papers 2010
ICSE Board Sample Papers 2010 for Class 10 Physics
Sample Paper – 2010
Class – X
Subject – PHYSICS
[Attempt all the questions]
(a) Why the single movable pulley is considered better than the single fixed pulley?
(b) Show the graphically relation between mass and acceleration for exponentially
(c) Why the class III levers are used when they offer mechanical advantage less than 1?
(d) What is the work done when a ball of 1 kg is rotated with uniform speed in complete
circle with the force of 20N?
e) State Newton’s Second Law of motion.
(a) What is the objective property that is related to loudness?
(b) What is SONAR?
(c) A lens gives the image of same size as the object. Identify and show it by ray diagram.
(d) Water tank depth is appearing ¾th of its actual depth. What is the refractive index of
(e) If 2 kg of water at 34oC is mixed with 5 kg of water, its temperature rises to 40oC. Find
the initial temperature of 5 kg water.
(a) Name the part of spectrum which has frequency range more than visible wave and state
their two uses.
(b) How do bat find their prey in night?
(c) What fuse rating you will use for a device having 2KW/ 200V?
(d) Why the armature of the electric bell is made up of soft iron?
(e) What are background radiations? Mention two sources.
(a) How does the mass number changes when a beta particle is emitted?
(b) Express eV in joules.
(c) Arrange α, β and γ in the increasing power of penetration.
(d) What is the difference between forced vibration and resonance?
(e) Why transformers can not be used with DC?
[Attempt any four questions]
(a) Give one example each of the following conversions:
1) Mechanical to Heat energy.
2) Electrical to Mechanical energy.
3) Light energy to Chemical energy.
(b) What do you measure with KWh? A pulley system with three pulleys is having
efficiency 75%. If a load of 400N is lifted to 5m in 3 second then find:
1) Mechanical advantage.
2) Velocity ratio
3) Power output.
(c) Why do stars show the twinkling effect whereas the moon does not show?
(a) Show how a right angle prism can turn a ray of light by 90oC with diagram and state the
phenomenon responsible for the same.
(b) The diagram shows a point source S, a convex lens L and a plane mirror M. the three
are arranged so that the, rays of light from source returns to S after refraction and
reflection. What is the distance between O and S is called? State how image position
will change if (i) the mirror is moved left and (ii) it is moved right to the lens L.
(c) A radar is able to detect the reflected waves from an enemy jet. After a time interval of
0.02 ms. If the velocity of the wave is same as light then calculate the distance of the
plane from the radar.
(a) In the following circuit diagram find the current in the 6B and potential difference
across the 4B resistance.
(b) How will you determine the polarity of the faces of the coil on the basis of direction of
flow of current? And state the poles in given arrangement.
(c) Write any three safety precautions for handling radioactive materials.
(a) A current of 2A passes through a conductor and produces 150J of energy in 20s. Find
the resistance of the conductor. What is the power output of the device?
(b) What do you understand by free electron? How can they be made free?
(c) Identify the parts of the CRT and write their workings (A, B, C, D).
(a) A bullet is stopped by a wooden block in 5cm distance. If the resistive force offered by
block is 3000N then find the kinetic energy possessed by bullet initially.
(b) Draw a neat diagram of a device which converts 20V AC to 200V AC.
(c) What are the characteristics of the metal working as thermionic emitter?
(a) Show the working of DC motor with the help of neat labeled diagram
(b) What are the three main advantages of ring system?
(c) A radioactive substance emits some radiations which go undeviated through a magnetic
field. Name the radiation and state two properties of it.
ICSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with ICSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on ICSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 10 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Geography Sample Papers for Class 12 for year 2011
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Science 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Physics For 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Hindi (Special Language) 2013-SET-2
- CBSE Board Class 10 Biology 2007
- Tamilnadu Board Class 10 English Core Sample Papers 2012
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2010
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Accountancy 2008
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Physics 2007
- CBSE Board Class 8 Science 2010
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board 12 Political Science Previous Year Question Paper 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2010
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Elective 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2008
- Haryana Board Class 10 Percussion
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Painting
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Arabic
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Chemistry
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Social Reconstruction
- ICSE Board Class 12 Economics
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Political Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Drawing
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Business Economics
- ICSE Board Class 9 Home Science