ICSE Board Class 10 Home Science Sample Papers 2011
ICSE Board Sample Papers 2011 for Class 10 Home Science
SECTION A (40 Marks)
Attempt all questions from this Section
(a) State two factors that should be kept in mind while purchasing fruits.
(b) Give two ways of increasing the nutritive value of foods.
(c) Mention two reasons for preserving food items.
(d) What is meant by cumulative deficit phenomenon?
(e) Differentiate between menstruation and menarche.
(a) Give two differences between early and late maturing in girls.
(b) Mention four characteristics of early childhood.
(c) State two harmful effects of being brought up by overprotective parents.
(d) What is Acne? How is it treated?
(e) What should be right aspect for an ideal kitchen?
(a) State the role of absorbents and solvents.
(b) Mention two methods for identifying unknown stains.
(c) How would you remove:-
(i) an oil stain
(ii) an ink stain?
(d) Give two differences between the washing of delicate and coarse
(e) Explain the difference between fixing fasteners for men and for women.
(a) Differentiate between assured income and possible income.
(b) With suitable examples state any two methods of saving for a family.
(c) What is a counterfoil? Give one advantage of its use.
(d) What is the basis for giving credit?
(e) Mention any two characteristics of a cheque.
SECTION B (60 Marks)
Attempt any four questions from this Section
(a) How is colour used to create interest and reflect the atmosphere of a room? Elaborate.
(b) Mention five factors affecting the selection of fabric for curtains.
(c) Discuss any five factors to be considered while planning a kitchen.
(a) What is the role of the family atmosphere and family relationships in the
emotional development of a school age child?
(b) Discuss the role of the school in the process of social development of a
school age child.
(c) Describe briefly the role of peers during middle childhood.
A knowledge of the basics of money management is essential in order to make
(a) Discuss any two types of bank deposit accounts to encourage the habit of
(b) Name the different credit instruments and state their importance
(c) What is meant by a budget? How would you make a realistic budget plan?
A sound knowledge of the principles of nutrition makes a housewife a successful
(a) Why is it important for a housewife to know where and when to shop?
(b) Discuss any two methods that employ high temperature to preserve foods.
(c) What factors should be kept in mind while planning a diet for a school going child?
Adolescence is a period of stress and strain.
(a) What are the pubertal changes that take place during adolescence?
(b) Mention the importance of friendship during adolescence and its effect on a teenager.
(c) Discuss the psychological changes and problems faced by an adolescent.
Laundering of clothes is as important as any other task in a home.
(a) State the principle of dry-cleaning and the precautions to be followed while dry-cleaning.
(b) Explain the significance of starching and bleaching of garments. What are
the precautions that should be taken to obtain the best results during these two processes?
(c) Discuss the various methods of applying pressure during the process of
ICSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with ICSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on ICSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 10 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Accountancy 2009
- CBSE Board Class 8 Science 2011
- ICSE Board Class 10 English Core 2010
- West Bengal Board Class 9 English Core Sample Paper Of 2011
- ICSE Board Class 10 English Core
- CBSE Board Class 12 Entrepreneurship 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 History 2010
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 English (Special Language) 2013-SET-2
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Math For 2009
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2007
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2005
- CBSE Board Class 9 Computer Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Elective 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Elective 2009
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2008
- Haryana Board Class 12 English Elective
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Gujarati
- West Bengal Board Class 9 Syllabus For English Core
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 French
- Gujarat Board Class 9 English Core
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Science & Technology
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Dance
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Math
- Maharashtra Board Class 11 Physics syllabus
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Home Science