ICSE Board Class 10 Home Science Sample Papers 2010
ICSE Board Sample Papers 2010 for Class 10 Home Science
SECTION A (40 Marks)
Attempt all questions from this Section
(a) Define two dimensions of colour.
(b) What type of light is suitable for a bedroom and why?
(c) Suggest two ways of maintaining carpets in good condition.
(d) What is the importance of a work triangle in a kitchen?
(e) Write one line each on any two eating disorders among adolescents.
(a) Give the full form of ATM and PIN.
(b) List two features of a Recurring Deposit Account.
(c) Why is the signature on the specimen card retained by the bank?
(d) Name two types of family budget.
(e) Give two reasons on the importance of saving.
(a) Differentiate between growth and development.
(b) Give two differences in physical maturity seen in boys and girls.
(c) List any two rights of a consumer.
(d) Name two adulterants found in besan .
(e) Why is salt used as a preservative?
(a) Mention the importance of using blues in laundry.
(b) What is the need for consumer education? Give two reasons.
(c) Give two differences between soaps and detergents.
(d) Write one precaution each for washing and drying of woollens?
(e) Name two chemical preservatives used in food preservation.
SECTION B (60 Marks)
Attempt any four questions from this Section
(a) Suggest a colour scheme for a girl’s room with suitable reasons.
(b) Mention five factors affecting the selection of fabric for curtains.
(c) Discuss any five factors to be considered while planning a kitchen.
(a) What is the role of the family in the emotional development of an adolescent girl?
(b) Discuss the role of peers during adolescence period.
(c) How does the school help in shaping the personality of a teenager?
(a) Name the five food groups and discuss the nutritional contribution of each group.
(b) Explain any five factors to be considered while planning meals for the family.
(c) Give the principle and method of freezing and sun drying as common household methods of preservation of food.
(a) Differentiate between laundering of cotton and synthetic garments.
(b) Explain the steps involved in making a family budget. [
(c) Give the details of the information given in a passbook and mention their significance.
(a) Your sister is aware of only one responsibility as a consumer i.e. use
information wisely. Using appropriate examples, tell her about five other responsibilities.
(b) A wise consumer uses sensible buying methods. Justify the statement.
(c) While cleaning dals, it is found that the shape of grains is not uniform and
deep yellow coloured water is observed while washing it. In this context:
(i) give reasons for these observations.
(ii) state the health hazards of consuming such a pulse in your diet.
(a) Trace the social development of a child during middle childhood.
(b) Give any five characteristics of cognitive development of a child of five to twelve years with the help of examples.
(c) Why do adolescents suffer from body odour and how do they deal with it?
ICSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with ICSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on ICSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 10 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Chemistry 2013
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Chemistry For 2007
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Physics 2011
- ICSE Board Class 10 Computer Science 2011
- Bihar Board Class 11 Biology 2009
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 English Literature 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Accountancy 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2010
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Animal Husbandry 2013-SET-3
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies 2005
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2008
- CBSE Board 12 Political Science Previous Year Question Paper 2008
- CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Functional English 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Computer Science 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Economics 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Elective 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2011
- ICSE Board Class 11 Geography
- Rajasthan Board Class 10 Gujarati
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Chemistry
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Syllabus of Civics
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Elements of Science & Maths for Agriculture
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Physics
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Environmental Studies
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Political Science
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Sociology