ICSE Board Class 10 History Previous Year Question Papers 2008
ICSE Board Previous Year Question Papers 2008 for Class 10 History
Attempt all questions from this Part
1. Mention one advantage of the Lok Sabha.
2. What is meant by the term Universal Adult Franchise?
3. What is the term of office of a Rajya Sabha member?
4. What is meant by a constituency?
5. Who administers the oath of office to the President of India?
6. How many members can the Governor nominate to the Legislative Assembly and the Legislative Council?
7. Mention one difference in the election of the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha members
as far as the electorate is concerned
8. Mr. Dakaria, the Governor of Nagaland, wants to implement some administrative reforms in the tribal areas of his State.Can he do so? If so, which constitutional power will allow him to
implement the reforms?
9. Under what circumstances can the salaries and allowances of the Judges of the Supreme Court be reduced?
10. Name the writ issued by the High Court which provides a remedy for a person who has been unlawfully detained in prison.
1. Mention two acts against which Surendra Nath Banerjee protested.
2. Name two fore-runners of the Indian National Congress?
3. Name the Congress leader who died after being assaulted by the British in hisdemonstration against the Simon Commission.Mention one consequence of the protest against the Simon Commission's recommendation.
4. On what assurances did Gandhiji withdraw the Civil Disobedience Movement?
5. How was the army reorganized after the first war of Indian Independence?
6. Name the last viceroy of India. State one of his proposals in regard to the Princely States.
7. Why was the Berlin Blockade enforced by Russia? On what condition under the Berlin Accord, were the citizens of West Berlin allowed the privilege of visiting Eastern Berlin?
8. Mention two proposals of the Wavell Plan.
9. Mention any two aims of the League of Nations.
10. What was the Berlin-Rome-Tokyo Axis? Why did Hitler demand the Danzig Corridor from Poland?
Attempt any two questions from this Section
With reference to the Parliament and the State Legislature answer the following:
1. Mention the judicial powers of the Parliament.
2. Mention three powers which are common to both houses of the State Legislature.
3. Explain any four functions of the Union Cabinet.
With reference to the Executive of the State Government, answer the following:
1. Mention the three financial powers of the Governor of a State.
2. Mention three executive powers of the Govemor of a State.
3. Under what circumstances can the Governor of a Statedismiss the Council of Ministers and dissolve the Legislative Assembly? What is meant by the 'Governor's Address?
With reference to the Judiciary, answer the following:
1. Mention three cases in which the High Court enjoys original jurisdiction.
2. Under which jurisdiction can a High Court accept an appealagainst the decisions of the district courts? Mention any two advantages of resolving disputes through the Lok Adalat.
3. Explain any four conditions of service of a Judge of a High Court.
Attempt any three questions from this Section
With reference to Nationalism, explain each of the following:
1. Rediscovery of India's Past.
2. Contribution of Bipin Chandra Pal.
3. How did the British react when the Indian National Congress was founded? Why did their attitude change later?
The formation of the Muslim League and the Home Rule Movement had a wholesome effect on the affairs of the country. In this
1. Three factors leading to the formation of the Muslim League.
2. Any three aims of the Muslim League.
3. Two terms of the Lucknow Pact and two factors which emphasize the significance of the Home Rule Molement.
With reference to the Indian National Army, answer the following questions:
1. Explain three measures taken by Subhash Chandra Bose to establish a socialist society.
2. What were the three decisions taken at the Tokyo conference?
3. Explain any four contributions of Subhash chandra Bose to the National Movement.
1. Mention three functions of the International Court of Justice.
2. Explain the composition of the Intemational Court of Justice.
3. Name the organization associated with the above emblem.Mention any three functions of the organization named by you.
With reference to the cold war and the Non-Aligned Movement, answer the following:
1. Mention three factors leading to the Cold War.
2. Write three consequences of the Cold War.
3. Mention any four objectives of the Non-Aligned
ICSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with ICSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on ICSE Board Previous Year Question Paper for class 10 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Book keeping & Accountancy 2013-2
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Crop Production 2013
- CBSE Board Class 12 History 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Math For 2009
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Computer Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 9 Social Science 2011
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Physics 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biotechnology 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Computer Science 2005
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Sanskrit 2013-SET-2
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biotechnology 2011
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2008
- Karnataka Board Class 10 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12th Accountancy Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2005
- Maharashtra Board Class 11 Physics
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Home Science
- West Bengal Board 2013 Class 12 Physics
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Geography
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Crop Production
- CBSE Board 12th Physics Syllabus
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Urdu Core
- Haryana Board Class 12 Math
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Home Science
- CBSE Board Class 11 Sociology