ICSE Board Class 10 Computer Science Sample Papers 2011
ICSE Board Sample Papers 2011 for Class 10 Computer Science
Answers to this Paper must be written on the paper provided separately.
You will not be allowed to write during the first 15 minutes.
This time is to be spent in reading the question paper.
The time given at the head of this Paper is the time allowed for writing the answers.
This Paper is divided into two Sections.
Attempt all questions from Section A and any four questions from Section B.
The intended marks for questions or parts of questions are given in brackets [ ].
SECTION A (40 Marks)
Attempt all questions
(a) Name any four tokens of Java. 
(b) Give the difference between actual parameter and formal parameter. 
(c) What is an identifier? 
(d) Write an expression in Java for cos x + a b
(e) What is the result produced by 2 – 10*3 + 100/11? Show the steps. 
(a) What is the difference between local variable and instance variable? 
(b) int x =20, y = 10, z; What is the value of z in
z = ++x * (y – –) – y ?
Show the steps. 
(c) What is the purpose of default in a switch? 
(d) Give the difference between linear search and binary search. 
(e) What will be the output of the following code?
float x = 7.87;
(a) State the difference between if-else if ladder and switch...case. 
(b) Explain the concept of constructor overloading with an example. 
(c) What will be the output of the following program segments?
(i) String s = “application”;
int p = s.indexOf(„a‟);
(ii) String st = “PROGRAM”;
(iii) int a = 0;
if(a>0 && a<20)
else a-- ;
(iv) int a= 5, b = 2,c;
if (a>b || a ! = b)
c = ++a+--b;
System.out.print(c+ “ ”+a+ “ ”+b); 
(v) int i = 1;
System.out.print(i + “ ” );
(d) Differentiate between isUpperCase(char) and toUpperCase(char). 
(e) What is the difference between a constructor function and a member
function of a class? 
(f) What is the difference between a static member function and a member
function which is not static? 
SECTION B (60 Marks)
Attempt any four questions from this Section.
The answers in this Section should consist of the Programs in either Blue J environment
or any program environment with Java as the base. Each program should be written
using Variable descriptions/Mnemonic Codes such that the logic of the program is
Flow-Charts and Algorithms are not required.
Define a class taximeter having the following description:
Data members/instance variables
int taxino - to store taxi number
String name - to store passenger's name
int km - to store number of kilometres travelled
taximeter() -- constructor to initialize taxino to 0, name to “ ”and b to 0.
input() - to store taxino,name,km
calculate() - to calculate bill for a customer according to given conditions
kilometers travelled(km) Rate/km
1 km Rs 25
1 km 6 Rs 10
6 < km 12 Rs 15
12 < km 18 Rs 20
>18 km Rs 25
display()- To display the details in the following format
Taxino Name Kilometres travelled Bill amount
- - - -
Create an object in the main method and call all the above methods in it. 
Write a menu driven program to find the sum of the following series depending on the
user choosing 1 or 2
1. S=1/4+1/8+1/12.........upto n terms
2. S=1/1!-2/2!+3/3!.......upto n terms
where ! stands for factorial of the number and the factorial value of a number is the
product of all integers from 1 to that number, e.g. 5! = 1 2 3 4 5.
Write a program to accept a sentence and print only the first letter of each word of the
sentence in capital letters separated by a full stop.
INPUT SENTENCE : “This is a cat”
OUTPUT : T.I.A.C. 
Write a program to create an array to store 10 integers and print the largest integer and
the smallest integer in that array. 
Write a program to calculate the sum of all the prime numbers between the range of
1 and 100.
Write a program to store 10 names in an array. Arrange these in alphabetical order by
sorting. Print the sorted list. Take single word names, all in capital letters,
e.g. SAMSON, AJAY, LUCY, etc. 
ICSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with ICSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on ICSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 10 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Political Science Sample Papers for Class 12 for year 2011
- West Bengal Board Class 11 Computer Science Sample Paper Of 2012
- CBSE Board Class 11 Computer Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2009
- Bihar Board Class 11 Business Studies 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biotechnology 2007
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Physics 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2009
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Sociology 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 History 2013-SET-4
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2008
- ICSE Board Class 10 History 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Elective 2011
- ICSE Board Class 10 Biology 2008
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science Previous Year Question Paper 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2010
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Music (Hindustani Vocal)
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Physics
- CBSE Board 12th Functional English Syllabus
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Computer Science
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Telugu
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Gujarati
- Maharashtra Board Class 11 Physics syllabus
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Syllabus of Physics
- CBSE Board 12th Economics Syllabus
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Socially Useful Productive Work