ICSE Board Class 10 Chemistry Sample Papers 2009
ICSE Board Sample Papers 2009 for Class 10 Chemistry
SUBJECT - CHEMISTRY
Q.1. Element X is a metal with a valence 2. Element Y is a non-metal with a valence 3.
(i) Writ equations to show how X and Y form ions.
(ii) If Y is a diatomic gas, write the equations for the direct combination of X and Y to form a compound.
(i) What must be added to sodium chloride to obtain hydrogen chloride. Write the equation for the reaction.
(ii) Write the equation for the preparation of hydrogen chloride from sodium chloride and sulphuric acid. State whether the sulphuric acid should be concentrated or dilute.
(i) Write an equation for solutions of ammonium chloride and sodium hydroxide are heated.
(ii) Ammonium salts decompose on heating. What other property do ammonium salts have in common?
(iii) Choose the correct word from the bracket and write a balanced equation for the same : Heating ammonium chloride with sodium hydroxide produces ______ [ammonia / nitrogen].
(iv) Name [formula is not acceptable] the gas produced on warming ammonium sulphate with sodium hydroxide solution.
(v) Write the equation for the preparation of NH3 from ammonium chloride and calcium hydroxide.
(vi) Write the equation for the reaction when a mixture of ammonium chloride and slaked lime is heated.
(vii) From the list of substances given – Ammonium sulphate, Lead carbonate, Chlorine, Copper nitrate, Ferrous sulphate – State : A compound which on heating with sodium hydroxide produces a gas which forms dense white fumes with hydrogen chloride.
Q.4. Write a balanced equation for the reaction of nitrogen monoxide and oxygen.
(i) Give equations for the following conversions:
(a) Sulphur dioxide to Sulphur
(b) Sulphur dioxide to sodium sulphite
(c) sodium sulphite to Sulphur dioxide.
(ii) (a)Write the equation for the laboratory preparation of Sulphur dioxide from sodium sulphite.
(b) How is the SO2 collected?
(c) What does the method of collection tell you about the density of SO2?
(d) What do you see when SO2 is bubbled through an acidified K2Cr2O7 solution?
(iii) Write one equation in each case to show the action of Sulphur dioxide as:
(a) a reducing agent
(b) an oxidizing agent
(c) an acid anhydride.
(iv) When burning Sulphur [i.e. SO2] reacts with H2O, a compound is formed. Name the compound.
(v) Give the balanced equation for reaction between SO2 and moist Cl2.
(vi) Write a balanced equation for: SO2 and sodium hydroxide solution. [formation of normal salt].
(vii) What type of substance will liberate Sulphur dioxide from sodium sulphite.
(viii) Write the equation for the reaction by which Sulphur dioxide is converted into sodium sulphite.
(i) Define the term ‘catenation’.
(ii) Which one of the elements – Li, Be, B, C, O, F, Ne shows the property of catenation.
Q.7. An electrode ‘A’ is connected to the positive terminal of a battery and electrode ‘B’ to the negative terminal.
(i) Give the names of the electrodes A & B.
(ii) Which electrode is the oxidizing electrode.
Q.8. 2H2O ? 2H2 (g) + O2 (g).
If a given experiment results in 2500 cm3 of H2 being produced, what volume of O2 is liberated at the same time under the same conditions of temperature and pressure.
(i) State the term for:- Compounds having the same general formula and similar chemical properties.
(a) The compound with – OH and with – COOH as the part of its structure.
(b) Homologue of homologus series with general formula CnH2n from the compounds given: Ethane, Ethene, Ethanoic acid, Ethyne, Ethanol.
ICSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with ICSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on ICSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 10 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2005
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Economics Sample Paper 2011
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Class 10 Science & Technology 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Accountancy 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Accountancy 2009
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Chemistry 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Accountancy 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2007
- CBSE Board Class 9 English Core 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2009
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biology 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Economics 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Computer Science 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2011
- CBSE Board 12 Business Studies Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2008
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Chemistry Previous Year Question paper of 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Elective 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Economics 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 History 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Punjabi (Special)
- Rajasthan Board Class 9 Gujarati
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 English Literature
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Math
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 English Literature
- Haryana Board Class 10 English Literature
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Chemistry
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Informatics Practices
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Psychology
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 French