Gujarat Board Class 9 Social Science Sample Papers 2011
Gujarat Board Sample Papers 2011 for Class 9 Social Science
Time: 3 hours] [Max. Marks : 80
1.Answers to questions carrying 2 marks should not exceed 30 words each.
2.Answers to questions carrying 4 marks should not exceed 60-80 words each.
3.Answers to questions carrying 6 marks should not exceed 100-125 words each.
4.Maps should be securely tied in the middle of the answer book.
5.Attempt all parts of a question together.
1. Who were Shanars? Why were they attacked by the upper caste Nairs in Travancore? 2
2. What are the qualifications to contest in Indian elections? 2
3.Mention any 4 factors that affect the Indian Monsoons. 2
4.How is poverty line estimated periodically? 2
Define vulnerability and social exclusion with reference to poverty. 2
5.What do you understand by the term ‘disaster’? Name the two types of disasters. 2
6.Explain the terms: (a) PIL (b) Rule of law. 2
7.(i) Study the following table and answer the questions that follow
Birth rate (per thousand)
Death rate(per thousand)
(a) In which decade was the growth rate highest?
(b) Give three reasons for high growth rate in India. ½+1½=2
(ii) Study the following graph and answer the questions:
(a) What was the percentage of rural population in 1991?
(b) What is the trend of the rural population in India?
(c) Why is the percentage of urban population increasing? ½ + ½ +1 = 2
8. Name the two headstreams of Ganga. Where do they meet to form Ganga? Name any one right bank tributary of this river. 2
9. Distinguish between chronic hunger and seasonal hunger. 2
10.List out any four safety measures to prevent rail accidents. 2
11.Compare any four features of Himadri and Shiwalik mountain ranges 2
12.What do large farmers in Palampur do with their earnings? 2
13.List out the safety measures for prevention of fire in homes? 4
14. Write a brief note on Swadeshi movement and its impact on clothing. 4
15.Explain any four arguments for democracy. 4
Give reasons why a parliament is necessary in a democracy. 4
16.(i) Compare any two features of vegetation found in Mangrove and thorny forests.
(ii) Mention any two reasons for certain species of animals to be endangered.
(iii) Why are different kinds of vegetation found in the eastern and western slopes of Western Ghats? 1+1+2=4
17.What has our government done to provide food security to the poor? Discuss any two schemes launched by the government? 2+2=4
18.“The most successful of the political clubs in France was that of the Jacobins”. Justify the statement 4
Briefly describe the causes of deforestation in India during colonial period. 4
Gujarat Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Gujarat Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Gujarat Board Sample Question Paper for class 9 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2009
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Physics 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2011
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Percussion 2008
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 English Core 2008
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Geography 2009
- Karnataka Board Class 10 Home Science Sample Paper Of 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2005
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Hindi 2013-2
- ICSE Board Class 10 Fashion Studies 2011
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Economics 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2005
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Physical Education
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Math
- Maharashtra Board Class 12 Physics
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Political Science
- Haryana Board Class 10 Music (Hindustani Vocal)
- Rajasthan Board Class 9 Science
- Manipur Board Class 9 Manipuri
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Home Science
- CBSE Board Class 8 Science
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry