Gujarat Board Class 9 Science Sample Papers 2011
Gujarat Board Sample Papers 2011 for Class 9 Science
Class – IX
Max.Marks:80 Time: 3 hours
1. The question paper comprises of two sections, A and B. You are to attempt both the sections.
2. The candidates are advised to attempt all the questions of Section A separately and questions of Section B separately.
3. All questions are compulsory.
4. There is no overall choice. However, internal choice has been provided in some questions. You are to attempt only one option in such questions.
5. Marks allocated to every question are indicated against it.
1.The atomic number of an element is 9. Write down its electronic configuration and valency. 1
2.State the law of conservation of energy. 1
3.Express the temperature 82 K on Celsius scale. 1
4.Write down the unit of ‘g’ and ‘G’? 1
5.A bullet initially moving with a velocity of 20m/s strikes a target and comes to rest after penetrating a distance of 0.01m in the target. Calculate the retardation produced by the target. 2
6.(a) State the law of conservation of mass.
(b) 0.8 g of phosphene gas on decomposition yielded 0.375 g of phosphorus and 0.325 g of hydrogen. Show that these data is in agreement with the above law. 2
(a) Define atomicity. Write down the atomicities of (i) Sodium (ii) Ozone
(b) A certain metal carbonate has the formula MCO3. Find the chemical formula of its sulphide. 2
7.Give reasons: 2
(a) The rate of diffusion of liquids is higher than that of solids
(b) Steam produces more severe burns than boiling water.
8.Give the ranges of frequencies of ultrasound and infrasound. Also mention 2 applications of ultrasound. 2
9.(a) What modifications did Bohr introduce in his atom model?
(b) What are isotopes? Name two isotopes of carbon. Give 2 medical applications of isotopes. 3
10.(a) Distinguish between mass and weight.
(b) Calculate the mass of an object whose weight is 49 N.
(c) A nail made of iron sinks in water but a cork floats on it. Why? 3
11.(a) Derive the expression for potential energy of a body due to its height
(b) A car weighing 1000 kg decelerates uniformly at 5m/s2 and stops at a distance of 50 m. Calculate the work done by the brakes. 3
(a) Define the S.I. unit of work
(b) A 1000 W electric geyser is used for 2 hours daily. How many units of electrical energy does it consume in 30 days?. 3
12.(a) How many molecules of water are there in 1 g of water?
(b) What weight in grams is represented by 5.14 moles of H5IO6? 3
( Given atomic masses of H-1, O-16, I-127)
13.(a) Name the method used to separate colloidal particles. On what principle is it based?
(b) Compare the properties of solutions and suspensions. 3
14.(a) Why are sound waves called mechanical waves?
(b) A ship on the surface of water sends a signal and receives it back after 4 seconds from a submarine inside water. How deep is the submarine from the ship?
(Given speed of sound in water is 1450 m/s.) 3
15.(a) Humus is an important factor in deciding soil structure. Justify?
(b) Write a note on the importance of water in the lives of plants and animals. 5
(a) What are the causes of water pollution?
(b) What is soil erosion? Mention the causes and methods of reducing the same. 5
16.(a) State Newton’s I Law of motion
(b) The V-T graph of a coin moving on a table is given in figure. If the weight of the coin is 10g, how much force does the table exert on coin to bring it to rest?
(c) Two marbles of masses 40g and 60g moving in the same direction with velocities 4m/s and 6m/s on a table undergoes elastic collision. With what velocity do they move if they stick together after collision? 5
17.How does the circulatory system of cockroach differ from that of a man? 1
18.name the causative organism of the following diseases 1
(a) Kala azar
19.Differentiate between 2
(a) broilers and layers
(b) mariculture and aquaculture
20.What are vectors? Name a vector with the disease it transmits. 2
21.(a) Who proposed the five kingdom classification? What was the basis for such a classification?
(b) Give two characteristic features of kingdom Monera? 3
22.(a) Compare the chemical composition of the matrix of bone and cartilage.
(b) State the functions of epidermis in plants
(a) Name the type of permanent tissue present in coconut husk
(b) How is this tissue structurally different from parenchyma?
(c) Distinguish between tendon and ligament. 3
23.(a) What is the principle of organic farming?
(b) What are the advantages that manures offer over fertilizers? 3
24.(a) Draw a neat labelled diagram of a plant cell.
(b) Which part of this cell enables it to exist in a hypotonic media without bursting? Explain. 5
Gujarat Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Gujarat Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Gujarat Board Sample Question Paper for class 9 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2010
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Chemistry 2008
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2010
- CBSE Board Class 10 Sample Paper of Science For 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Anatomy Physiology and Health 2013-SET-2
- CBSE Board Social Science Sample Papers for Class 10 for year 2011
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Home Science 2008
- CBSE Board Class 10 Functional English 2010
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Hindi (Special Language) 2013-SET-4
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biology Sample Paper
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12th Biology Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Economics 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2009
- CBSE Board Class 9 English Core 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2010
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Math
- ICSE Board Class 12 Political Science
- ICSE Board Class 9 Home Science
- CBSE Board 12th Biotechnology Syllabus
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Fine Arts
- ICSE Board Class 9 Chemistry
- Bihar Board Class 11Computer Science
- Haryana Board Class 12 Home Science
- Haryana Board Class 12 Biology
- CBSE Board 12th Functional English Syllabus