Gujarat Board Class 9 Science Sample Papers 2005
Gujarat Board Sample Papers 2005 for Class 9 Science
The question paper comprises two Sections, A and B. You are to attempt both the Sections.
The candidates are advised to attempt all the questions of Section A separately and Section B separately.
All questions are compulsory.
There is no overall choice. However, internal choice has been provided in some questions.You are to attempt only one option in such questions.
Marks allocated to every question are indicated against it.
SECTION - A
Q. 1. Classify the following reactions into slow and fast reaction :
Reaction between an acid and a base, Rusting of iron. (1marks)
Q. 2. Give the names of the functional groups
(i) — CHO
(ii) — C=O 1
Q. 3. What is a Galaxy ?(1marks)
Q. 4. What is the S.I. unit of electric potential ? (1marks)
Q. 5. (a) Give Arrhenius definition of an acid and a base.(1 marks)
(b) Choose strong acid and strong base from the following :
CH3COOH, NH4OH, KOH, HCl. 2
Q. 6. What is Tollen’s reagent ? What would you observe on heating Tollen’s reagent with formalin in a test tube ? (2 marks)
Q. 7. Distinguish between polar and equatorial orbits for artificial satellites. Illustrate the two orbits on a diagram.( 2 marks)
Q. 8. What is the role of a catalyst in a chemical reaction ?(1 marks)
Q. 9. Which class of compounds gives a positive Fehling’s test ?( 1 marks)
Q. 10. Approximately how many stars are there in the Milky Way ? (1 marks)
Q. 11. What is meant by the statement, “Potential difference between points A and B in an electric field is 1 volt.” ?( 1 marks)
Q. 12. State the ‘Law of Chemical Equilibrium’. Write an expression for the equilibrium constant (K) for the reaction, (2 marks)
N2 (g) + 3H2(g) 2 NH3 (g) + 92 kJ
Q. 13. Name the organic acid present in vinegar. Write a chemical equation which represents the commercial method for the preparation of this acid from methanol.( 2 marks)
Q. 14. Distinguish between ‘artificial’ and ‘natural’ satellites. Why are artificial satellites called “eyes in the sky” ? (2 marks)
Q. 15. An electric lamp is marked 100 W, 220 V. It is used for 5 hours daily. Calculate
(i) its resistance while glowing.
(ii) energy consumed in kWh per day. (2 marks)
Q. 16. The pH values of three solutions A, B and C having equal molar concentration are respectively 2.0, 7.0 and 13.0 at 298 K. Which of the three solutions represents an acid solution ? (1 marks)
Q. 17. Write the chemical formula of simplest ketone. (1 marks)
Q. 18. Why is our galaxy called ‘Milky Way’ ? (1 marks)
Q. 19. If the distance between two electric charges is doubled, how much will the force exerting
between them change to ?( 1 marks)
Q. 20. State four characteristic features of ‘Dynamic Equilibrium’. (2 marks)
Q. 21. What is Fehling’s reagent ? What would you observe on heating formalin with Fehling’s reagent in a test tube ? (2 marks)
Q. 22. Distinguish between a ‘geosynchronous’ and a ‘polar’ satellite. What is the usual time period of a (2 marks)
(a) geosynchronous satellite ?
(b) polar satellite ?
Q. 23. An electric heater is used on 220 V supply and takes a current of 3.4 A. Calculate (i) its power and (ii) its resistance, when it is in use. (2 marks)
Gujarat Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Gujarat Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Gujarat Board Sample Question Paper for class 9 Now
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Entrepreneurship 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Computer Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Home Science 2011
- ICSE Board Class 10 Geography 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2010
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Socially Useful Productive Work
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Malayalam
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 History
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Home Management, Nutrition & Textile
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 English Literature
- Haryana Board Class 10 Punjabi
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Physical and Health Education
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Anatomy Physiology and Health
- CBSE Board 12th Functional English Syllabus
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 Philosophy