Gujarat Board Class 10 Home Science Sample Papers 2011
Gujarat Board Sample Papers 2011 for Class 10 Home Science
Class – X
Max Marks-85 Time 2 ½ hrs.
Note: All Questions are compulsory
Q1. In order to give a diet containing good quality protein to your family, you can use. 1
Q2. Name the common part present in iron toaster and geyser, which works as safeguard against overheating. 1
Q3. Malaria can be diagnosed by testing 1
Q4. A child of 3 years old can speak sentences made of 1
(a) 3-4 words
(b) 5-6 words
(c) 7-8 words
(d) 10-12 words
Q5. The maximum energy-giving nutrient is 1
Q6. You will generally not find water closets in villages because they 1
(a) Need experts to construct
(b) Need a lot of water
(c) Are difficult to use
(d) Are a western form of latrine
Q7. An example of human resource is 1
(d) Material goods
Q8. Give one reason why 2
(a) You cannot use nylon for making towels
(b) A silk saree cannot be scrubbed hard while washing.
Q9. Write four problems seen in society due to the lack of values. 2
Q10. After doing Home Science, Rita is looking for jobs. Educate her about four areas where she can get employment. 2
Q11. Which two diseases spread through infected food and water? How can these be controlled? 2
Q12. Which cleaning material can Mala use to clean bathroom tiles and brass taps in her home? 2
Q13. List any four possible conditions when Rahul can become a victim of poisoning. 2
Q14. List any two qualities you would look for, while buying a bed sheet. 2
Q15. Lokesh is 30 yrs. old. He wants to save his money for future use. He is thinking of either buying jewelry or investing in Public Provident Fund. Help him make a decision, giving at least two advantages for your choice. 2
Q16. State any three qualities a fabric for rainy season should have. 3
Hint: i) It should dry fast.
ii) It should not wrinkle when wet.
iii) It should not lose strength when wet.
iv) It should be of a fast colour.
Q17. Mention any four diseases that spread through air. Suggest one measure you could take to prevent the spread of such diseases. 3
Hint: Four diseases: Influenza ,Diphtheira, Measles,Mumps or any other
Measures: Cover mouth while coughing or sneezing.
Q18. What are the three most common signs of pregnancy? 3
Q19. Support these three statements with the help of an example each.
a) from head to legs
b) from centre of body towards outside.
c) at different rate at different age levels. 3
Q20. Give three reasons why you think preserving food is necessary? 3
Q21. Name any four types of fabrics available in the market. Compare any two on the basis of their heat conduction property. 3
Q22. Which six qualities should you check before buying a readymade suit for your mother? 3
Hint: a) Seams should be finished properly
b) Seam allowance should be adequate
c) Garment should be stitched on the grainline.
d) Fasteners firmly stitched
e) Fin ishing of garment should be satisfactory
f) Quality of fabric should be good.
Q23. Your friend Roop has just become pregnant. Keeping in mind the statement that ‘ only a healthy woman gives birth to a healthy baby’, explain to her the kind of food she should eat. 3
Q24. Radha wants to decorate her home with the help of pictures. Which three steps of planning she should keep in mind, before evaluating the decoration of her house? 3
Q25. Why are consumer aids important to a consumer? Describe any two such aids. 5
Q26. What are the major points you must keep in mind while selecting a house? 5
Q27. How will you help your younger sister to prepare for marriage? 5
Q28. Convince your friend about the need to save money from her monthly expenditure. 5
Q29. There was a fire at Sheela’s house. Identify six possible causes for this. 5
Q30. Point out four nutritional requirements of adolescent girls staying in a hostel. Suggest two dishes which will be appropriate for them. Give justification for your choice. 5
Q31. Describe the removal of garbage from your home. How frequently do you remove it? Why? What precaution will you take if you have to keep it for a day? Why? 5
Gujarat Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Gujarat Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Gujarat Board Sample Question Paper for class 10 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Social Science 2008
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Geography 2005
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 English Elective 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2010
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Chemistry 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biology Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 8 Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Sample Paper of Science For 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2008
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board 12th Class History Previous Year Question Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Home Science 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2008
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Accountancy 2011
- CBSE Board 12 Biology Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Social Science
- ICSE Board Class 9 Class 11 Business Studies
- ICSE Board Class 11 Home Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Geography
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Sociology
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Music (Hindustani Vocal)
- ICSE Board Class 12 Political Science
- West Bengal Board Class 12 Syllabus For Biology
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Biotechnology
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Agriculture