Gujarat Board Class 12 Chemistry Sample Papers 2010
Gujarat Board Sample Papers 2010 for Class 12 Chemistry
Subject – Chemistry
TIME: 2HR 30 MIN. MM 75
1)Although electron gain enthalpy of fluorine is less negative as compared to chlorine, fluorine is a stronger oxidizing agent than chlorine .Why?
2) Explain the terms with examples:-
a) Gel b) Aersol c) Hydrosol.
3)The decomposition of NH3 on platinum surface is zero order reaction. What are the rates of production of nitrogen and hydrogen if k=2.5 X10-4 mol-1L s-1?
4) How will you distinguish the species in each of the following pairs:
(a) CCl4 and CHCl3
(b) Benzaldehyde and acetaldehyde
4) Write the mechanism of free radical polymerization of an alkene?
5) (a) Pick out the odd one amongst the following on the basis of their medicinal properties. Morphine, Serotonin, Codeine, Heroin.
(b) Give an example each of biodegradable and non- biodegradable detergents?
7) Calculate at 250C the equilibrium constant for the reaction.
2 Fe3+ + Sn2+ ---> 2Fe2+ + Sn4+
Given that E0(Fe3+/Fe2+), Pt = 0.771 V and E0(Sn4+/Sn2+), Pt =0.150 V
8 ) Name one solid which shows both Frenkel and Schottky defects together.
9) What is the difference between quartz and glass?
10) Write ionization isomer of the complex: [CoCO3(NH3)5]Cl
11) Define ligand. Give one example.
12) Which method of refining is generally used when metal of high degree of purity is needed?
13) Why does R3P=O exists but R3N=O does not?
14) (i) why copper matte is put in silica lined convertor?
(ii). What is the role of cryolite in the metallurgy of aluminium ?
15) Why is zinc and not copper used for the recovery of metallic silver from its cyanide complex?
16) Explain the following:
(i)What problem arises in using alitame as artificial sweetener?
(ii)Cimetidine and Ranitidine are better antacids than sodium bicarbonate or magnesium hydroxide.
(i) ZnO is white but turns yellow on heating and becomes highly conducting.
(ii) CdCl2 will induce Schottky defect when introduced to AgCl crystal.
(iii) Define Piezoelectricity.
(iv) Why is Frenkel defect not found in pure alkali metal halides?
(v) How does density of crystals change due to Schottky defect?
18) Silver crystallizes in fcc lattice. If edge length of the cell is 4.077 X10-8 cm and density is 10.5 g/cm3. Calculate the atomic mass of silver.
19) Calculate the mass of a non volatile solute having molar mass 40g mol-1, which should be dissolved in 114g octane to reduce its vapour pressure to 80%.
20) Account for the following.
(i) Ethylene glycol is added to water in a car radiator when the car goes to a hill station.
(ii) Cut fruits after long exposure should not be consumed without adding sugar.
21) Silver forms face centred cubic structure. Its density is 10.65 g cm-3. Calculate the radius of silver atom. [Ag = 108.0 g mol-1; NA = 6.02 x 1023 mol-1]
22) (a) La(OH)3 is more basic than Lu(OH)3. Explain.
(b) What is the cause of Lanthanide contraction?
23) A compound formed by elements P and Q crystallizes in the cubic structure where the P atoms are at the corners of the cube and Q atoms are at the body centers. What is the simplest formula of the compound?
Gujarat Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Gujarat Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Gujarat Board Sample Question Paper for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Home Science Sample Papers for Class 12 for year 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Functional English 2010
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Hindi 2013
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2010
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 English (Special Language) 2013-SET-2
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biology Sample Paper
- CBSE Board English Core Sample Papers for Class 12 for year 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2009
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2005
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Elective 2007
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2008
- CBSE Board 12 Political Science Previous Year Question Paper 2005
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2007
- West Bengal Board Class 10 Syllabus For Math
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 9 Science
- Haryana Board Class 8 English Core
- CBSE Board Class 9 Syllabus For English Core
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 English Optional
- Manipur Board Class 10 Hindi
- ICSE Board Class 11 Accountancy
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Physics
- CBSE Board Class 11 Multimedia and Web Technology
- UP Board Class 12 English