Gujarat Board Class 12 Chemistry Sample Papers 2005
Gujarat Board Sample Papers 2005 for Class 12 Chemistry
Class – XII
Time allowed: 3 hrs M.Marks: 70
i. All questions are compulsory
ii. Internal choices has been provided in some questions you have to attempt only one of the choice in such questions.
iii. Q.No 1 to 8 are very short answer type questions, carrying one mark each.
iv. Q. No. 9 to 18 are short answer type questions, carrying two mark each.
v. Q.No. 19 to 27 are also short answer questions, carrying three mark each.
vi. Q.No. 28 to 30 are long answer type questions, carrying five mark each.
vii. Use of calculators is not permitted. However you may use log tables, if necessary.
Q1. Excess of potassium makes KCl crystals lilac, Why ?
Q2. Draw the shape of hypo phosphorus acid state why it is monoprotic?
Q3. Name two antidepressants.
Q4. Write Hofmann-Bromamide reaction.
Q5. What is the oxidation number of Ni in [Ni(CO)4]?
Q6. What are Homoleptic complexes? Give example.
Q7. A crystal of NaCl placed in sodium vapour appears yellow. Why?
Q8. Write IUPAC name of: C6H5 CH(OH) CH2CH2Cl
Q9. How is aluminium extracted from leached bauxite ore?
Q10. What is elevation in boiling point? Write expression.
Q11. Define conductivity and molar conductivity for the solution of an electrolyte.
Q12. Mention the factors which affect the rate of a chemical reaction.
Q13. The Gibbs energy of formation of Al2O3 and Cr2O3 are – 847 and -540 KJ /mol respectively. Can Al be used to reduce Cr2O3 to Cr? Explain.
Q14. If a solution of CuSO4 is electrolyzed for 10 min with a current of 1.5 A. What is the mass of copper deposited at the cathode? At Mass of Cu = 63 g/mol .
Q15. Compare the stability of +2 oxidation state of elements with outer electronic configuration 3d64s2,3d54s2 and 3d34s2 in aqueous solution.
Q16. What are lyophobic colloids? Give two examples. How does lyophobic colloid differ from lyphillic colloids.
Q17. A greater insight in to the energetic and mechanistic aspects of reactions”. Explain the above statement which was given by “Max Trautz” and William Lewis”.
Q18. (a) Write linkage isomer of [Co (NH3)5 NO2 ] Cl 2.
(b)Explain the splitting of d-orbital in a octahedral complex?
Q19. Carry out the following conversions:
(i) Ethanol to 2 propanol
(ii) Acetaldehyde in to 2- butenol
(iii) Acetone to 2 butyl alcohol
Q20. Write IUPAC names of the following:
(i) K3 [Fe (C2O4)3]
(ii) [PtCl (NH3)5] Cl3.
(iii) [Pt Cl (NH2CH3) (NH3)2] Cl.
Q20. Give the products and balance the following equations:
(i)Ca3P2 +H2O →
(ii) XeF6 +NaF →
(iii)Cu + H2SO4 (conc) →
Q21. Account for the following:
a) Methanamine is less acidic than methanol.
b) Tert. amines do not react with acid derivatives.
c) Basic character of amines in vapor phase is 30amine>20amine>10amine.
Q22. Calculate the depression in the freezing point of water when 10 g of CH3CH2CHClCOOH is added to 250 g of water. Ka = 1.4 x 10-3 Kf = 1.86 K kg mol-1.
Q23. Explain how rusting of iron can be envisaged as setting up of an electrochemical cell?
Q24. The time required for 10% completion of a first order reaction at 298K is equal to that required for its 25% completion at 308K. If the value of A is 4X1010s-1, calculate the K at 318 K and Ea.
Q25. (a) What is pseudo first order reaction? Explain with example.
(b) For a first order reaction, show that the time required for 99% completion is twice the time required for the completion of 90% of reaction.
Account for the following:
Q26. (i) The bond angle in PH4+ is greater than that in PH3?
(ii) The oxygen-oxygen bond lengths in ozone are identical (128 pm).
(iii) When HCl reacts with finely powdered iron, it forms ferrous chloride and not ferric chloride.
Q27. (i) Write the conditions required to maximize the yield of sulphuric acid.
(ii) Write equations for the following properties of sulphuric acid:
(a) Strong acidic character (b) Low volatility
(c) Dehydrating nature (d) Oxidizing action.
Q28. (a) Complete the following chemical equations and balance them.
(i) NH3(excess) + Cl2 →
(ii) P4 + NaOH + H2O →
(iii) XeF4 + SbF5 →
(b) Explain the catenation property exhibited by Sulphur.
(c) Why HBr is not prepared by reaction of a bromide salt with Conc Sulphuric acid?
(a) Write reactions representing Ostwald process for the manufacture of nitric acid. Why is HNO3 a strong oxidizing agent?
(b) Write balanced chemical equations for the reactions of conc. HNO3 with:
(i) Iodine (ii) Copper
(c) What are Interhalogen compounds? IF7 is possible while ICl7 is not possible. Why?
Q29. a. What are the common types of secondary structure of Proteins.
b. Differentiate between globular and fibrous proteins.
c. What are Enzymes ?
1. Chemotheraphy 2. Antacids 3. Food preservatives
4. Artificial sweetening agents . 5 Drug Target.
Q30. a) Carry out the following conversions:
i) Benzene to fluorobenzene..
ii) Benzaldeyde to 3-Phenyl propan-1-ol
iii) Benzoic acid to m-nitro benzoic acid.
b) Give one example each of
i) Stephen reduction
ii) Aldol condensation.
a) Explain LUCAS test for distinguish between 10 20 and 30 alcohols.
b) Give one example each of
i) Cannizaro reaction
Gujarat Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Gujarat Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Gujarat Board Sample Question Paper for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2005
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 English (Special Language) 2013
- Gujarat Board Class 11 History 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2008
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Biotechnology 2011
- CBSE Board Entrepreneurship Sample Papers for Class 12 for year 2011
- CBSE Board Psychology Sample Papers for Class 12 for year 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Home Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2008
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Computer Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2011
- CBSE Board 12 Biology Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Elective 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies Previous Year Question Paper 2008
- Haryana Board Class 12 Public Administration
- Haryana Board Class 12 Economics
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Political Science
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 Biology
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Dance
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Biotechnology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Physical Education
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 English Core
- Manipur Board Class 9 Paite
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Telugu(Special)