Gujarat Board Class 12 Biology Sample Papers 2007
Gujarat Board Sample Papers 2007 for Class 12 Biology
Class – XII
Subject – Biology
i. All questions are compulsory.
ii. This question paper consists of four Sections A, B, C and D. Section -A contains 8 questions of 1 mark each, Section -B is of 10 questions of 2 marks each, Section -C has 9 questions of 3 marks each and Section D is of 3 questions of 5 marks each.
iii. There is no overall choice .However, an internal choice has been provided in one question of 2 marks, one question of 3 marks and all the three questions of 5 marks. Attempt only one of the choices in such questions.
iv. Wherever necessary, the diagrams drawn should be neat and properly labeled.
[Section – A]
1. What is the Ploidy of PEN ?
2. Which enzyme is known as ‘molecular scissors’?
3. Name the Ecological pyramid that can be inverted in Tree ecosystem.
4. Expand MOET. Write its one advantage.
5. Which are the nuclei that fuse to form endosperm?
6. Define Biofortification.
7. What is a mutagen? Give two examples.
8. Give the reason why bottled fruit juices bought from the market is clearer as compared to those made at home.
[Section – B]
9. Give two advantages of Saheli. What is sterilisation?
10. What is Selectable Markers? Give one example.
11. Why is the length of a food chain in an ecosystem generally limited to 3-4 trophic levels? Explain with an example.
12. Give different ways for the prevention and control of use af drugs and alcohols among the youth.
13. How is polyspermy prevented in humans?
14. List any four factors which may lead to the loss of biodiversity.
15. Why the length of a food chain in an ecosystem is generally limited to four trophic levels. Explain with example.
16. Study the following carefully and explain why Mutation did not cause any adverse change in the structure of protein H in spite of change in the molecular structure of the gene which codes the protein H. (here C = codons, a = amino acids)
Codons for Perotein H: C1-C2-C3-C4-CGU-GGC-C7
Amino acids in Perotein H: a1-a2- a3- a4- arg- Gly – a7
Mutation : C1-C2-C3-C4-CGU-GGA-C7
Structure of Perotein H : No change
17. What are sacred groves? What is their role in Biodiversity conservation?
18. What measures would you take to prevent water borne disease?
[Section - C]
19. Why does one get two peaks in the graphical representation of effects of disruptive selection? Differentiate it from stabilizing selection.
20. How does the gene of an enzyme a-galactosidase can be used as selectable marker? How is it better then other traditional markers like antibiotic resistance genes?
21. Why is the length of a food chain in an ecosystem generally limited to 3 - 4 trophic levels? Why do you think that DFC is the major source of energy for Terrestrial ecosystem?
22. Menstrual cycle completes in three phases. Name them. Also write changes occur in the following organs in different phases:
b. Fallopian tubes
23. Evolution is a continuous process. Give evidences for evolution from
b. Morphology and anatomy
24. Differentiate inbreeding and out breeding. What type of danger is associated with inbreeding? Name two animal breeds which are developed by cross breeding.
25. Give a schematic representation showing the life cycle of Plasmodium. What is the effect of Haemozion in our body?
How does bio-fertilizer enrich the fertility of soil?
26. Differentiate between:
i. Sexual and Asexual Reproduction.
ii. Epicotyl and Hypocotyl.
iii. Apomixis and Polyembryony.
27. What are the advantages of Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO)?
[Section - D]
28. Explain Origin and Evolution of Man.
Give the Diagrammatic Sectional view of Ovary. Explain Oogenisis.
29. What is gene therapy? Illustrate using the example of ADA disease
How does restriction enzyme function? Show it along with diagrammatic representation.
30. Who demonstrated the semi-conservative replication of DNA? Explain the procedure in detail.
Describe the different causes of Biodiversity Loss.
Gujarat Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Gujarat Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Gujarat Board Sample Question Paper for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Entrepreneurship 2007
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Social Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Physics For 2007
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Math 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology 2009
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Class 10 Science & Technology 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2010
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 English Core 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Fashion Studies 2007
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Physics 2007
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 History 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2011
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 10 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biology 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biology 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10 Home Science 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Oriya
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 History
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Syllabus of Botany
- Maharashtra Board Class 12 Physics
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Biology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Home Science
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 English Literature
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Home Science
- Haryana Board Class 12 Percussion
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 History