Gujarat Board Class 11 Accountancy Sample Papers 2011
Gujarat Board Sample Papers 2011 for Class 11 Accountancy
Class – XI
Time : 3 Hours M.M. : 100
General Instructions :
(i). All Questions are compulsory.
(ii). There is No negative marking for any wrong answer.
(iii). Questions are in two sections.
Instruction : Q. No. 1 to 25 : In the following questions there are only one correct answer. You have to choose that correct answer.
1. Keboard is :
(a) Input device (b) Output device (c) Memory unit (d) Output storage Area
2. Parties in Bills of Exchange are :
(a) 2 (b) 3 (c) 4 (d) 5
3. After detection is the sum two side of trail balance does not tallies, then the amount of difference is written to :
(a) profit & loss A/c (b) Suspense A/c (c) Trading A/c (d) Propriter A/c
4. All these errors which answer due to omission are known as :
(a) errors of commission (b) errors of omission
(c) three sided errors (d) embezelment
5. Suspense A/c is :
(a) Nominal A/c (b) Real A/c (c) PersonalAc/ (d) Trading A/c
6. Suspense A/c is used to reetify :
(a) One-sided erros (b) two sided errors (c) Dr. side (d) Cr. side
7. An amount of Rs. 430 was posted as Rs. 340 to the debit of commission A/c — the restifying entry will be :
(a) Suspense A/c 90 (b) Suspense A/c 340
(c) Suspense A/c 430 (d) None of above
8. Accounting Starts where :
(a) Book keeping ends (b) Business ends
(c) Accountingperiod ends (d) None of above
9. Accounting is language of–
(a) Computer (b) Business (c) Men (d) Officers
10. The entity of a business is depante from its owners Assumption is from :
(a) Business entity Assumption (b) Going concern Assumption
(c) Accounting period Assumption (d) Money Measurement Assumption
11. The Amount which the firm has to pay others is knowns as :
(a) Assets (b) Liabilities (c) Capital (d) None of these
12. Purchases of Machinary results :
(a) Increase in capital (b) Increase in Assets
(c) Decrease in capital (d) Decrease in Liabilities
13. What is the cost of goods sold which :
Opening stock = 4,000
Closing stock = 2,000
Purchases = 45,000
(a) Rs. 43,000 (b) Rs. 51,000 (c) Rs. 39,000 (d) Rs. 47,000
14. Old provision for Bad Debts subtracted from :
(a) New provision for Bad Debts (b) Bad Debts
(c) Both of them jointly (d) None of them
15. What is the amount of opening stock when
closing stock = 4,000
cost of Goods sold = 52,000
Purchases = 45000
(a) 7,000 (b) 11,000 (c) 3,000 (d) None
16. The term fixed Assets inclves :
(a) Stock in trade (b) Furniture (c) Payment in Advance (d) Cash
17. Advestment of closing stock is :
(a) Credited to trading Account (b) Shown in the Asset side of the Balance sheet
(c) Both of above (d) None of them
18. Reserve for Doubtful debts is done :
(a) Debtors (b) Creditors (c) loan (d) None
19. Lucas Pacioli is the father of :
(a) Mathematics (b) Book keeping (c) English (d) Hindi
20. Advantages of Double Entry System are :
(a) Scientific system (b) Knowledge of Financial position
(c) Knowledge about different Accounts (d) All of Above
21. When we return goods to the supplier then we use :
(a) Debit note (b) Credit Note (c) Cash Receipt (d) Pay in slip
22. those Accounts which are related to Man institute company, firm etc. are called :
(a) Real Account (b) Nominal A/c (c) Personal Account (d) All of above
23. Cash book always shows :
(a) Debit balance (b) Credit balance (c) Profit (d) Loss
24. Bank charges relises from :
(a) Current Account (b) Saving Account (c) By cheque (d) None
25. Write preparing Bank Reconcilliation statement by Dr. balance of cash book then added :
(a) Cheques issued but not presented for payment (b) Interest Allowed by bank
(c) Amount directly deposited by the customers (d) All of Above
Instructions : Q. No. 26-30 From the two statements are given. You have choose from the following options :
(a) If Both Statements are true and Statement II is the correct explation of Statement I
(b) If both the statement are true but statement II is not the correct explanation of statement I
(c) If statement I is true but statement II is false
(d) If statement I is false but statement II is
26. Statement I : Balance shset is not prepared in single entry system.
Statement II : Balance shset is prepared only in Double Entry System.
27. Statement I — Profit = closing capital — opening capital.
Statement II — The difference between closing capital and opening capital is known as profit in single entry system.
28. Statement I — All those things having independent existence are known as Entity.
Statement II — Database Management system are not costly.
29. Statement I — C.P.U. is a hardware.
Statement II — All parts of a computer are Hardware.
30. Statement I — Computer works on BASIC.
Statement II — BASIC is a language of computer.
Instructions : Q. No. 31-34 there are two columns. You have to match the correct options of column–I to column–II.
Column I Column II
31. Cashflow statement (A) As – 2
32. Valuation of Inventries (B) As – 10
33. Goodwill (C) As – 6
34. Dep.A/c (D) As – 3
Instructions : In Q. No. 35 there is a paragraph followed by three questions. You have to mark correct alternative from the option given in those questions.
Sales Return 35000
Carrige & Freight 5,000
Opening stock 25,000
Closing stock 35,000
(i). Net sales = ?
(a) 5,00,000 (b) 4,90,000 (c) 2,00,000 (d) None
(ii). The cost of goods sold will be:
(a) 3,30,000 (b) 3,25,000 (c) 5,00,000 (d) 490,000
(iii). Gross profit will be :
(a) 160,000 (b) 2,60,000 (c) 490,000 (d) 200,000
Instructions : Q. No. 35 In there may be more than one correct answer. You have to marks all the correct answers.
(i). Causes of Depreciation are :
(a) Obsolescence (b) Accidents (c) Constant use (d) Reserve
(ii). Which are correct from the followings :
(a) Provision for Bad & Doubtful Debts (b) Provision for Discounton Debtor
(c) Provision for taxation (d) Provision for Debentures Redemption
(iii). Accumulate to say:
(a) The accumulated earnings (b) Undistributed profit (c) a and b Both (c) none
[Short Answer questions]
1. Distinguish between Revenue Expenditure and Capital Expenditure.
2. Give any three points of difference between Cash Basis and Accrual Basis of Accounting.
3. If total assets of a business are Rs. 3,00,000 and capital is Rs. 2,40,000. Calculate creditors.
4. Write three one sided errors.
5. Write three differences between Provision and Reserve.
6. What do you mean by "Relating a bill under rebate" ?
7. What is meant by Indirect Exp. ? Give two examples.
8. Atual keeps his accounts on Incomplete recordes. He gives you the following information :
Opening Capital 2,00,000
Closing Capital 2,50,000
Capital added during the year 75,000
Calculate Profit/loss for the year.
9. Explain the meaning of computer in about 50 words.
10. What do mean by Database Management System. Explain.
[Long Answer questions]
Enter the following transition in a two column cash book and post then into ledger.
Aug 1, 2006 Cash in hand 4,000
Aug 1 Bank balance 3,000
Aug 2 Wages paid 500
Aug 3 Gods purchased and paid through cheque) 12,000
Aug 4 Received a cheque fromKhanna and paid into bank 1,000
Aug 7 Paid to Ganesh through cheque 500
Aug 8 Cash sales paid into bank 500
Aug 10 Withdraw cash from Bank for office 500
Aug 12 Paid into bank 1,000
Aug 14 Furniture purchase 200
Aug 14 Recerved payment from Ram) 190
Aug 14 Interest allowed by the bank 10
What is a Cash Book ! Explain the types of Cash Book.
12. Gupta Ltd. purchased on 1 Jan, 2000 a second hand machinery for Rs. 2,00,000 and immediately spent Rs. 50,000 for its overhauling and installation. On July 1 2003 the plant become obselate and was sold for Rs. 90,000. Depreciation is provided @ 10% p.a. on original cost method. Books are closed every year on 31st Dec. show the necessary ledger accounts assuming that provision for depreciation A/c is maintained.
What do you mean by Depreciation ! Explainthe two methods of charging depreciation with examples.
13. On 1st Auguest 2005, Hari drew a bill for Rs. 5,000 on Mohan for 3 months which was accepted and returned by Mohan. On 4th Sept. Mohan retires his acceptance under the rebate of 6% per annum. Pass entries in the books of Hari and Mohan.
(a) Bill at Sight
(b) Bill after Date
(c) Bill after sight
14.What are Capital Receipts and Revenue Receipts. Write features of them. Write three examples both of them.
15. What treatment will be done with following terms while preparing final A/c.
(a) Interest on Drawings
(b) Interest on Capital
(c) Goods in transit
(d) Drawing of Goods for personal use.
What are Adjustment entries ? Write any four necessity of adjustment.
Gujarat Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Gujarat Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Gujarat Board Sample Question Paper for class 11 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Hindi 2013-SET-4
- CBSE Board Class 8 Math 2010
- Tamilnadu Board Class 10 Social Science Sample Paper Of 2012
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Math 2008
- CBSE Board Geography Sample Papers for Class 12 for year 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2011
- CBSE Board English Core Sample Papers for Class 12 for year 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Informatics Practices 2013
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Science 2013-SET-4
- Bihar Board Class 11 Entrepreneurship 2009
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2010
- CBSE Board 12th Class History Previous Year Question Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2009
- ICSE Board Class 10 History 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2005
- CBSE Board Class 10 Functional English 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2005
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Marathi (special)
- Haryana Board Class 12 Chemistry
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 English Core
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Physical Education
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Oriya
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Music (Hindustani Vocal)
- Gujarat Board Class 11 History
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Drama