Gujarat Board Social Science Syllabus for Class 10
Gujarat Board Syllabus for Class 10 Social Science
Any two themes from each of the first two sub-units and one from the third could be studied.
Sub-unit 1.1 : Events and processes.
In this unit the focus is on three events and
processes that have in major ways shaped the identity of the modern world. Each represents a different form of politics, and a specific combination of forces. One event is linked to the growth of liberalism and democracy, one with socialism, and one with a negation of both democracy and socialism.
1. French revolution :
(a) The Ancient Regime and its crises.
(b) The social forces that led to the revolution.
(c)The different revolutionary groups and ideas of the time.
(d) The legacy.
2. Russian Revolution.
(a) The crises of Tzarism.
(b) The nature of social movements between 1905 and 1917.
(c) The First World War and foundation of Soviet state. (d) The legacy.
3. Rise of Nazism.
(a) The growth of social democracy
(b) The crises in Germany.
(c) The basis of Hitler's rise to power.
(d) The ideology of Nazism.
(e) The impact of Nazism.
Sub-unit 1.2 : Economies and Livelihoods
The themes in this section will focus on how
different social groups grapple with the changes in the contemporary world and how these changes affect their lives.
4. Pastoralists in the modern world.
(a) Pastoralism as a way of life.
(b) Different forms of pastoralism.
(c) What happens to pastoralism under colonialism and modern states?
Case studies : focus on two pastoral groups, one from Africa and one from India.
5. Forest society and colonialism :
(a) Relationship between forests and livelihoods.
(b) Changes in forest societies under colonialism.
Case studies : focus on two forest movements one in colonial India (Bastar) and one in Indonesia.
6. Farmers and peasants :
(a) Histories of the emergence of different forms of farming and peasant societies.
(b)Changes within rural economies in the modern world.
Case studies : focus on contrasting forms of rural change and different forms of rural societies (expansion of large-scale wheat and cotton farming in USA, rural economy and the Agricultural Revolution in England, and small peasant production in colonial India)
Sub-unit 1.3 : Culture, Identity and Society
The themes in this unit will consider how issues of culture are linked up to the making of contemporary world.
7. Sports and politics :
The story of cricket
(a) The emergence of cricket as an English sport.
(b) Cricket and colonialism.
(c) Cricket nationalism and de-colonialization.
8. Clothes and cultures.
(a) A short history of changes in clothing.
(b) Debates over clothing in colonial India.
(c) Swadeshi and the movement for Khadi.
Gujarat Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Gujarat Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Gujarat Board Syllabus for class 10 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2009
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Biology 2007
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 History 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Accountancy 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Computer Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Biology
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Social Science 2009
- Bihar Board Class 11 Chemistry 2009
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Hindi 2013-SET-2
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Economics 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biotechnology 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Accountancy 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Entrepreneurship 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 French
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Math
- ICSE Board Class 11 History
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 English Core
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 National Cadet Corps (NCC)
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Business Studies
- West Bengal Board Class 12 Syllabus For Physics
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Kannada
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Telugu
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Biotechnology