Gujarat Board Science Syllabus for Class 9
Gujarat Board Syllabus for Class 9 Science
CLASS IX (THEORY)
Unit 1 : Food
Plant and animal breeding and selection for quality improvement and management ; use of fertilizers, manures; protection from pests and diseases; organic farming.
Theme : Materials (50 Periods)
Unit 2 : Matter - Nature and behaviour
Definition of matter; solid, liquid and gas; characteristics - shape, volume, density; change of state-melting (absorption of heat), freezing, evaporation (Cooling by evaporation), condensation, sublimation.
Nature of matter : Elements, compounds and mixtures. Heterogenous and homogenous mixtures, colloids and suspensions.
Particle nature, basic units : atoms and molecules. Law of constant proportions. Atomic and molecular masses.
Mole Concept : Relationship of mole to mass of the particles and numbers. Valency. Chemical formula of common compounds.
Structure of atom : Electrons, protons and neutrons; Isotopes and isobars.
Theme : The World of the living (45 Periods)
Unit 3 : Organization in the living world.
Biological Diversity : Diversity of plants and animals - basic issues in scientific naming, basis of classification. Hierarchy of categories / groups, Major groups of plants (salient features) (Bacteria, Thalophyta, Bryo phyta, Pteridophyta, gymnosperms and Angiosperms). Major groups of animals (salient features) (Non-chordates upto phyla and chordates upto classes).
Cell - Basic Unit of life : Cell as a basic unit of life; prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells, multicellular organisms; cell membrane and cell wall, cell organelles; chloroplast, mitochondria, vacuoles, ER, golgi apparatus; nucleus, chromosomes - basic structure, number.
Tissues, organs, organ systems, organism.
Structure and functions of animal and plant tissues (four types in animals; merismatic and permanent tissues in plants).
Health and diseases : Health and its failure. Infectious and Non-infectious diseases, their causes and manifestation. Diseases caused by microbes (Virus, Bacteria and protozoans) and their prevention, Principles of treatment and prevention. Pulse polio programmes.
Theme : Moving things, people and ideas (60 Periods)
Unit 4 : Motion, Force and Work
Motion : Distance and displacement, velocity; uniform and non-uniform motion along a straight line; acceleration, distance-time and velocity-time graphs for uniform motion and uniformly accelerated motion, equations of motion by graphical method; elementary idea of uniform circular motion.
Force and Newton's laws : Force and motion, Newton's laws of motion, inertia of a body, inertia and mass, momentum, force and acceleration. Elementary idea of conservation of momentum, action and reaction forces.
Gravitation : Gravitation; universal law of gravitation, force of gravitation of the earth (gravity), acceleration due to gravity; mass and weight; free fall.
Floatation : Thrust and pressure. Archimedes' principle, buoyancy, elementary idea of relative density.
Work, Energy and Power : Work done by a force, energy, power; kinetic and potential energy; law of conservation of energy.
Sound : Nature of sound and its propagation in various media, speed of sound, range of hearing in humans; ultrasound; reflection of sound; echo and SONAR.
Structure of the human ear (auditory aspect only).
Theme : Natural Resources (15 Periods)
Unit 5 : Our Environment
Physical resources : Air, Water, Soil.
Air for respiration, for combustion, for moderating temperatures, movements of air and its role in bringing rains across India.
Air, water and soil pollution ( brief introduction). Holes in ozone layer and the probable damages.
Bio-geo chemical cycles in nature : water, oxygen, carbon, nitrogen
Gujarat Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Gujarat Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Gujarat Board Syllabus for class 9 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 10 Biology 2010
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 English Literature 2013
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2008
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Crop Production 2013-SET-4
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2008
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Science 2009
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Botany 2011 Sample paper
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Business Studies 2013-SET-3
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Biology For 2005
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Sociology 2008
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2005
- Karnataka Board Class 10 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 History 2005
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biology 2010
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Functional English 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2011
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Physics
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Hindi (Special Language)
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Business Studies
- Rajasthan Board Class 10 Social Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Physics
- CBSE Board Class 11 Hindi Core
- Haryana Board Class 12 Psychology
- Manipur Board Class 10 Assamese
- CBSE Board Class 9 Syllabus For English Core
- Manipur Board Class 11 Class 10 Mizo