Gujarat Board Psychology Syllabus for Class 11
Gujarat Board Syllabus for Class 11 Psychology
UNIT 1 :What is Psychology?
-Psychology as a subject
-Subject matter of Psychology
-Psy. as a modern subject.
-Milestone in the history of Psychology
-Approaches of the study of Psychology
-Biological, Behaviouristic, cognitive
-Psycho - dynamic, Humanistic
-Socio - cultural fields of Psychology.
UNIT 2: Methods of Study Psychology
-The Goals of Psychology
-Methods of study Psychology
-Observation, Experimental. (Correlational Method) Cross-Sectional and Longitudinal Studies
-Case - history method
-Instruments for study of Psychology
UNIT 3: Biological basic of behaviour
-Genes and behaviour
-Brain and Nervous system (Relaxes Box)
-Biology of Behaviour - The nervous System (Box), Method of studying Briain.
-M. R. 1. (Box)
UNIT 4: Socio Cultural Basis of Behaviour
-What is culture ?
-Relation between human behaviour and culture
-socialization and accult aration
UNIT 5: Development of life-spsn.
-What is development ?
-Growth, Maturity, concept of development, principles of development,
-Factors affecting development, Critical Periods of Development.
-Revolutionary stages in development, (Indian views about stages of development)
-Infant stage, childhood stage, Developmental Tests & Characteristics.
(Childhood in India (Box))
-Characteristics and challenges
-Adult stage - stages and challenges
-Problems of Old age and dealings with them [Gsmily ant Human Development (Box)]
UNIT 6. Sensory and Perceptual Processes.
-Definition of sensation
-Meaning and types of ……..
-Visual, Audition, Smell, Taste & Tactile
-Process of Attention
-Determinants of attention
-Characteristics of attention
-Attention and Perception
-Process of Perception
-Principles of Perceptual Organisation (optical illusion (Box))
-Depth and Distance perception reception of individual.
UNIT 7: Process of Learning
-Introduction, what is learning ? How does an individual learns ? Classical conditioning,
-Social Learning, Verbal learning and organisational process
-Learning of skill
-Process of learning, Extinction,
-Reinforcement, Generalisation and discrimination
-Transfer of Learning
-General and specific learning
-Determinants of Learning
-Continuous and Partial rein or cement
[Learned Indolence, Self - Punitive Habits (Box)]
-Factors affecting Learning
-Difficulties in learning, Practical applications of Learning principles,
UNIT 8 - Process of memory
-Introduction, what is memory ?
-Stages of memory.... Encoding, Storage, Retrieval
-Tridimensional model of memory
-Long Tern memory
-Declarative and procedural memoriam Episodic and Semantic memory.
-Measurement of memory
-Forgetting - Encoding Failure, Storage Failure and
-Failure of retrieval, Amnesia
-Improving Memory [Emotion and Memory (Box)]
UNIT 9 : Cognitive Processes
-Process of Information and it's measurement.
-What is thinking ?
-Logical reasoning, problem solving,
-Judgment and decision making
UNIT 10 : Language and Communication
-Introduction, Language, nature and characteristics,
-Origin of language,
-Language and thought
-Process of Communication
-Verbal and Non-verbal Communication
-skills of Communication
-obstacles of Communication
UNIT 11 : Motivation and Emotions
-Introduction, what is motivation ? (Needs)
-Maslow's mind, Biological needs.
-Main psychological motives,
-Achievements, Affiliation and Power
-Emotions Internal & external
-Conflict and Anxiety
-Nature of emotions
-Expression of emotions
-Physical and counseling base
-Relation between emotion and motives (related to examination)
UNIT 12: Stages of Development
-Introduction : Cognitive Development - Piaget's Theory.
-Principle of Piagano related to intellectual development
-Socio emotional development, [Temperament (Box)]
-Paternal methods of child upbringing
-Stages of psycho-social development [erikson]
-Moral development [Piaget, Kohiberg]
-Development of Values [Values in relation to Indian Context (Box)]
-All round development of a child
-Practical for Semesters I and II
(1) One Project
(2) Three practical related to the following areas
Education, Memory, Motivation, Perception, Attention, Thinking.
Gujarat Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Gujarat Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Gujarat Board Syllabus for class 11 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Bihar Board Class 12 2010 Economics
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Elective 2007
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Melodic 2008
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Chemistry 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Political Science 2010
- West Bengal Board Class 11 Physics Sample Paper Of 2012
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Book keeping & Accountancy 2013
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 English (Special Language) 2013-SET-2
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2007
- CBSE Board 12th Class History Previous Year Question Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2008
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Functional English 2008
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biology 2008
- Samacheer Kalvi Class 10 Physics
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 History
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Physics
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Bengali
- Rajasthan Board Class 9 Information Technology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Physical Education
- Rajasthan Board Class 10 Gujarati
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Home Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Agriculture
- ICSE Board Class 11 Biology