Gujarat Board Math Syllabus for Class 11
Gujarat Board Syllabus for Class 11 Math
1 Collection of Data
-Population and Sample
-Advantages of Sample Survey
-Quantitative and qualitative data
-Primary and secondary data.
-Difference between primary and secondary data
-Methods of collection of primary data :
-Direct Inquiry - Merits and demerits
-Indirect Inquiry - Merits and demerits
-Questionnaire Method - Merits and demerits
-Questionnaire by Post - Merits and demerits
-Questionnaire by enumerators - Merits and demerits
-Characteristics of ideal questionnaire
-Construction of questionnaire (new point)
-Sources of secondary data
-Uses of secondary data and precautions required to be taken before using secondary data.
(Examples on construction of questionnaire to be added in the exercise)
2. Classification and Tabulation:
-Variables and Attributes
-Discrete and continuous variables.
-Data - Quantitative and qualitative.
-Classification - ungrouped and grouped data
Type of classification
-Classification of qualitative data
(i) Simple classification
(ii) Complex classification
-Classification of quantitative data
-Discrete frequency distribution (Examples)
-Continuous frequency distribution.
-Cumulative frequency distribution from continuous frequency distributions.
-Formation of original frequency distribution from cumulative frequency distribution (New Point)
-Points to be consider for construction of continuous frequency distribution.
-Tabulation / Types / uses (More illustrations to be given)
-Guiding principles for preparing tabulations. (More examples to be given for tabulation).
3. Presentation of data by graphs and diagram.
-Importance of Graphs and Diagrams in statistics
-Type of Diagrams
-Questions for interpretation of graphs and diagrams
Note: Practical illustrations of graphs and diagram related to Economics, Budget and commerce, Interpretation of such diagram.
4. Measures of Central Tendency
-Meaning Characteristics of ideal average
-Different measures of central tendency
-Calculation of Mean - Explanation of different types of mean simple arithmetic Mean, Geometric Mean. Weighted Mean, Combined mean (New point)
-Median, Mode, Quartiles, deciles, Percentiles, percentile rank - Calculation of each measure.
-Meaning - uses (Note : Meaning of dispersion with the help of limitations of average)
-Measures of dispersion (Note : Explain the concept of absolute and relative measures of dispersion)
-Merits, demerits and utility of measures of dispersion
-Comparison between measures of central tendency and dispersion with illustrations.
6. Linear Correlation
-Meaning & Definition of linear correlation.
-Coefficient of correlation - definition and methods - scatter diagram method - examples and explanation with illustrations.
-Perfect positive correlation
-Perfect negative correlation
-Partial Positive correlation
-Partial Negative correlation
-Karl Pearson's Product Moment method - examples and illustration.
-Alternative formulae of Karl Pearson
-Spearans Rank correlation method - explanation - merits, demerits & Sums.
-Interpretation of coefficient of correlation and its precautions.
7. Linear Regression
-Linear Regression Model
-Fitting a regression line
(1) Scatter Diagram Method
(2) Least Square Method
-Different formulae for calculation of regression coefficients.
-Coefficient of determination
-Precautions for using regression coefficient.
-Two regression lines.
8. Interpolation and Extrapolation
-Meaning and definition
-Uses and importance
-Method of interpolation and extrapolation
1. Newton's Method
2. Lagranges Method
3. Binomial Expansion method.
(Pascal's triangle explanation - sum of all 3 methods.)
Note : Proof of any formula is not in syllabus.
-Types - base on time - Time series, Other series - Arithmetic progression Geometric Progression.
-Time Series - Meaning - definition - Illustration - sums
-Trend and methods of measuring trends - Graphical method, Least square method.
-Other series - Arithmetic Progression is explained in std. XI
-Geometric progression - Explanation meaning - definition illustrations – sum of the series & sum.
-Random experiment and sample space
-Event - Certain event, impossible event other events.
-Definition of probability
-Classical definition and assumption.
-Rules of probability
-Sums related to events.
Note : No proof of rules of probability is included in syllabus.
11. Probability Distribution :
-Random variable - Discrete random variable
-Continuous random variable
-Binomial Probability Distribution.
-Characteristics. of binomial probability distribution.
-Binomial probability function and sums based on it
-Function of Normal distribution.
-Standard Normal variable.
-Standard Normal distribution.
-Area of Normal Curve
-Characteristics of Normal Distribution.
-Characteristics of Standard normal distribution.
-Exercise based on normal and standard normal distributions.
Gujarat Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Gujarat Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Gujarat Board Syllabus for class 11 Now
Board Sample Paper
- ICSE Board Class 10 English Core 2010
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Accountancy 2008
- West Bengal Board Class 11 Math Sample Paper Of 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Biology 2013-SET-4
- Karnataka Board Class 10 Home Science Sample Paper Of 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Chemistry 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2010
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Botany 2011 Sample paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Economics 2010
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Science 2011
Previous Year Paper
- ICSE Board Class 10 History 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Functional English 2005
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2009
- CBSE Board 12 Business Studies Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2009
- ICSE Board Class 10 Biology 2007
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Political Science 2010
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Gujarati (special)
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Malayalam
- Gujarat Board Class 9 English Core
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Home Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Telugu
- CBSE Board Class 9 Science
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Social Reconstruction
- CBSE Board Class 8 Syllabus For English Core
- Maharashtra Board Class 12 Math & statistics syllabus
- Manipur Board Class 9 Paite