Gujarat Board History Syllabus for Class 12
Gujarat Board Syllabus for Class 12 History
PART - I
1. The Story of the First Cities: Harappan Archaeology. (11)
Broad overview: Early urban centres.
Story of discovery: Harappan civilization
Excerpt: Archaeological report on a major site.
Discussion: how it has been utilized by archaeologists/historians.
2. Political and Economic History: How Inscriptions tell a story. (11)
Broad overview: Political and economic history from the Mauryan to the Gupta period.
Story of discovery: Inscriptions and the decipherment of the script. Shifts in the understanding of political and economic history.
Excerpt: Asokan inscription and Gupta period land grant.
Discussion: Interpretation of inscriptions by historians.
3. Social Histories: Using the Mahabharata (12)
Broad overview: Issues in social history, including caste, class, kinship and gender.
Story of discovery: Transmission and publications of the Mahabharat.
Excerpt: from the Mahabharata, illustrating how it has been used by historians.
Discussion: Other sources for reconstructing social history.
4. A History of Buddhism: Sanchi Stupa (11)
(a) A brief review of religious histories of Vedic religion, Jainism, Vaisnavism, Saivism.
(b) Focus on Buddhism.
Story of discovery: Sanchi stupa
Excerpt: Reproduction of sculptures from Sanchi.
Discussion: Ways in which sculpture has been interpreted by historians, other sources for
reconstructing the history of Buddhism
5. Agrarian Relations: The Ain-i- Akbari (11)
(a) Structure of agrarian relations in the 16th and 17th centuries.
(b) Patterns of change over the period.
Story of Discovery: Account of the compilation and translation of Ain-i-Akbari.
Excerpt: from the Ain-i-Akbari
Discussion: Ways in which historians have used the text to reconstruct history.
6. The Mughal Court: Reconstructing Histories through Chronicles (11)
(a) Outline of political history 15th-17th centuries.
(b) Discussion of the Mughal court and politics.
Story of Discovery: Account of the production of court chronicles, and ‘their subsequent.
translation and transmission.
Excerpts: from the Akbarnama and Padshahnama.
Discussion: Ways in which historians have used the texts to reconstruct political histories.
7. New Architecture: Hampi (11)
(a) Outline of new buildings during Vijayanagar period-temples, forts,
(b) Relationship between architecture and the political system..
-Story of Discovery: Account of how Hampi was found.
-Excerpt: Visuals of buildings at Hampi Discussion: Ways in which historians have analyzed and interpreted these structures.
8. Religious Histories: The Bhakti-Sufi tradition (11)
(a) Outline of religious developments during this period.
(b) Ideas and practices of the Bhakti-Sufi saints.
-Story of Transmission: How Bhakti-Sufi compositions have been preserved.
-Excerpt: Extracts from selected Bhakti Sufi works.
-Discussion: Ways in which these have been interpreted by historians.
9. Medieval Society Through Travellers' Accounts (11)
-Broad Overview: Outline of social and cultural life as they appear in travellers’ accounts.
-Story of their writings: A discussion of where they travelled, why they travelled, what they
wrote, and for whom they wrote.
-Excerpts: from Alberuni, Ibn Batuta, Bernier.
-Discussion: What these travel accounts can tell us and how they have been interpreted by
10. Colonialism and-Rural Society: Evidence from Official Reports (11)
Broad overview :
(a). Life of zamindars, peasants and artisans in the late 18 century
(b)East India Company, revenue settlements and surveys.
(c) Changes over the nineteenth century.
-Story of official records: An account of why official investigations into rural societies were under taken and the types of records and reports produced.
-Excerpts: From Firminger's Fifth Report, Accounts of Frances Buchanan-Hamilton, and
-Deccan Riots Report,
-Discussion: What the official records tell and do not tell, and how they have been used by
Gujarat Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Gujarat Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Gujarat Board Syllabus for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Computer Science 2005
- Bihar Board Class 12 2010 Economics
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Geography 2009
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 English (Special Language) 2013-SET-3
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Sociology 2009
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Book keeping & Accountancy 2013
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Science 2013-SET-4
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Elective 2008
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Physics 2009
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biotechnology 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Functional English 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Economics 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2005
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Home Science
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Biology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Psychology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Sindhi
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Home Management, Nutrition & Textile
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Persian
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Sociology
- Rajasthan Board Class 10 Science
- Maharashtra Board Class 11 Chemistry syllabus
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Malayalam