Gujarat Board History Syllabus for Class 11
Gujarat Board Syllabus for Class 11 History
1. Introduction to World History (8 )
SECTION A: EARLY SOCIETIES
2. Introduction (6)
3. From the Begining of Time (14)
Focus: Africa, Europe till 15000 BC
(a) Views on the origin of human beings.
(b) Early societies.
(c) Historians' views on present-day hunting-gathering societies.
4. Early Cities (12)
Focus: Iraq, 3rd millennium BC
(a) Growth of towns. (b) Nature of early urban societies. (c) Historians' Debate on uses of writing.
SECTION B: EMPIRES
5. Introduction (6)
6. An Empire across Three Continents (12)
Focus: Roman Empire, 27 B.C to A.D 600.
(a) Political evolution (b) Economic expansion (c) Religion (d) Late Antiquity. (e) Historians views on the institution of Slavery.
7. Central Islamic Lands: (12)
Focus: 7th to 12th centuries
(a) Polity (b) Economy (c) Culture.
(d) Historians viewpoints on the nature of the crusades.
8. Nomadic Empires: (10)
Focus: the Mongol, 13th to 14th century
(a) The nature of nomadism. (b) Formation of empires. (c) Conquests and relations
with other states. (d) Historians’ views on nomadic societies and state formation.
SECTION C: CHANGING TRADITIONS
9. Introduction (6)
10.Three Orders (12)
Focus: Western Europe, 13th-16th century
(a) Feudal society and economy: (b) Formation of states. (c) Church and Society. (d) Historian’s views on decline of feudalism
11. Changing cultural traditions (14) Focus on Europe, 14th to 17th century’.
(a)New ideas, and new trends in literature and arts. (b) Relationship with earlier ideas
(c) The contribution of West Asia. (d) Historian’s view points on the validity of the notion ‘European Renaissance’.
12.Confrontation of Cultures (12)
Focus on the America 15th to 18th century.
(1)European voyages of exploration. (b) Search for gold; enslavement, raids, extermination. (c) Indigenous people and cultures - the Arawaks, the Aztecs, the Incas. (c) The history of displacements.
(d) Historian's view points on the slave trade,
SECTION D: PATHS TO MODERNIZATION
13. Introduction (8 )
14. The Industrial Revolution. (12)
Focus on England, 18th and 19th century.
(a) Innovations and technological change
(b) Patterns of growth. (c) Emergence of a working class.
(d) Historians' viewpoints Debate, 'Was there an Industrial Revolution?
15.Displacing indigenous People. (12)
Focus on North America and Australia, I8th-20th century,
(a) European colonists in North America and Australia. (b) Formation of white settler societies. (c) Displacement and repression of local people, (d) Historians view points on the impact of European settlement on indigenous population.
16.Paths to Modernization. (14)
Focus on East Asia. Late 19th and 20th century.
(a) Militarization and economic growth in Japan. (b) China and the Communist alternative.
(d) Historians' Debate on meaning of modernization
17. Map Work on Units 1-15 (10)
Gujarat Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Gujarat Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Gujarat Board Syllabus for class 11 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Home Science 2013-SET-2
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Physical Education 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2005
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Economics 2013
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2010
- CBSE Board Class 10 Class 12 Biotechnology 2011
- Bihar Board Class 12 Philosophy
- Tamilnadu Board Class 10 Science Sample Paper Of 2011
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Economics 2009
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Elements of Science & Maths for Agriculture 2013-SET-4
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Computer Science 2011
- CBSE Board 12th Class History Previous Year Question Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Economics 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Computer Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12th Political Science Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Political Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Computer Science 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 History 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Functional English 2009
- Rajasthan Board Class 10 Social Science
- Haryana Board Class 12 Accountancy & Auditing
- West Bengal Board Class 12 Syllabus For Physics
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Physics
- CBSE Board Class 11 Hindi Core
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 English Literature
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 Multimedia and Web Technology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Kannada
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Drama
- CBSE Board Class 6 Science