Gujarat Board Geography Syllabus for Class 12
Gujarat Board Syllabus for Class 12 Geography
Geography (70 Periods) 35 Marks
Unit 1: Human Geography: Nature and Scope Periods 3
Unit 2: People Periods 15
-Population — distribution, density and growth
-Population change-spatial patterns and structure; determinants of population change;
-Age-sex ratio; rural-urban composition;
-Human development - concept; selected indicators, international comparisons
Unit 3: Human Activities Periods 25
-Primary activities - concept and changing trends; gathering, pastoral, mining, subsistence agriculture, modern agriculture; people engaged in agricultural and allied activities – some examples from selected countries.
Secondary activities-concept; manufacturing: types – household, small scale, large scale; agro based and mineral based industries; people engaged in secondary activities – some examples from selected countries.
-Tertiary activities-concept; trade, transport and communication; services; people engaged in tertiary activities - some examples from selected countries
-Quaternary activities-concept; knowledge based industries; people engaged in quaternary activities - some examples from selected countries
Unit 4: Transport, Communication and Trade Periods 19
-Land transport - roads, railways; trans-continental railways.
-Water transport- inland waterways; major ocean routes.
-Air transport- Intercontinental air routes.
-Oil and gas pipelines.
-Satellite communication and cyber space.
International trade-Bases and changing patterns; ports as gateways of international trade, role of WTO in International trade.
Unit 5: Human Settlements Periods 8
-Settlement types - rural and urban; morphology of cities (case study); distribution of mega
cities; problems of human settlements in developing countries.
Unit 6: Map Work on identification of features based on above units on the outline Political map of World.
Part B. India: People and Economy 70 Periods
Unit 7: People Periods 12
-Population : distribution, density and growth; composition of population - linguistic, religious; sex, rural-urban and occupational– polulation change through time and regional variations;
-Migration: international, national-causes and consequences;
-Human development: selected indicators and regional patterns;
-Population, environment and development.
Unit 8: Human Settlements Periods 8
-Rural settlements - types and distribution;
-Urban settlements - types, distribution and functional classification.
Unit 9: Resources and Development Periods 28
-Land resources- general land use; agricultural land use, Geographical conditions and distribution of major crops (Wheat, Rice, Tea, Coffee, Cotton, Jute, Sugarcane and Rubber), agricultural development and problems.
Water resources-availability and utilization-irrigation, domestic, industrial and other uses; scarcity of water and conservation methods-rain water harvesting and watershed management (one case study related with participatory watershed management to be introduced).
-Mineral and energy resources- distribution of metallic (Ironore, Copper, Bauxite, Manganese) ; non-metallic (Mica, Salt) minerals; conventional (Coal, Petroleum, Natural gas and Hydro electricity) and non-conventional energy sources (solar, wind, biogas) and conservation.
-Industries - types, factors of industrial location; distribution and changing pattern of selected industries-iron and steel, cotton textiles, sugar, petrochemicals, and knowledge based industries; impact of liberalization, privatisation and globalisation on industrial location; industrial clusters.
Planning in India- target area planning (case study); idea of sustainable development (case study).
Unit 10: Transport, Communication and International Trade Periods 12
-Transport and communication-roads, railways, waterways and airways: oil and gas pipelines; national electric grids; -communication networkings - radio, television, satellite and internet.
-International trade- changing pattern of India’s foreign trade; sea ports and their hinterland and airports,
Unit 11: Geographical Perspective on Selected Issues and Problems (One case study to be introduced for each topic) Periods 10
-Environmental pollution; urban-waste disposal.
-Urbanisation, rural-urban migration; problems of slums.
Unit 12: Map work on locating and labelling of features based on above units on outline political map of India 3 Marks
Gujarat Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Gujarat Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Gujarat Board Syllabus for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Elective 2011
- CBSE Board Entrepreneurship Sample Papers for Class 12 for year 2011
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Chemistry 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Home Management, Nutrition & Textile 2013-SET-4
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Economics 2008
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Chemistry 2013-SET-4
- Gujarat Board Class 10 English Core 2005
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Hindi (Special Language) 2013-SET-3
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Home Management, Nutrition & Textile 2013
- ICSE Board Class 9 Chemistry 2008
Previous Year Paper
- ICSE Board Class 10 Geography 2008
- CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Functional English 2008
- ICSE Board Class 10 Biology 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Computer Science 2011
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Home Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Home Science
- ICSE Board Class 11 Biotechnology
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Economics
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Commerce
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Kannada
- Manipur Board Class 10 Bengali
- UP Board Class 12 English
- West Bengal Board Class 9 Syllabus For Science
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 Accountancy