Gujarat Board Economics Syllabus for Class 12
Gujarat Board Syllabus for Class 12 Economics
PART - 1 (1) Micro Economies
(1) Economic Problem.
Nature causes m Emergence of economic activities.
Their Meaning & illustrations [nature of the problems of scarcity & Abundance (of means)
(2) Definitions of Economics.
1.Ideology of the eastern areas
2.Views of kautilaya
3.Ideology of the Western Areas
4.Adam Smith, Marshall Robbins.
5.Over & above the definitions acclaimed Universally.
2.1. Consumer behaviour & Demand.
Consumer Equlliriurn Meaning (Maximum Satisfaction) Views of Marshall Views of Prof. Hick Marshall
- Marginal Utility - Diminishing Marginal
- Dimishing Marginal - rate of returns.
- Utility & Price . - Equi marginal Utility. equilibrium
1.Meaning - kind - determinant factors - Individual demand & market demand. Law of demand - demand schedule - 2.Explanation through Downward falling DD Curve.
3.Exceptions to the law of Demand m increase & Decrease (with a comparison of Expansion & contraction demand - Expan. & contract of D.D. (in relation to price.)
3. Elasticity of Demand
- Meaning -
Price elasticity of DID.
Income Elasticity of DD.
Unitary Elasticity of DD.
Methods of measuring price elasticity of DD.
a) Percentage Method.
b) Total Expenditure Method.
c) Geometric Method. (illustration based Explanation)
(1) Attitude of Producers & Supply -
1.Equilibrium of Production - Meaning (maximum Profit)
2.Meaning of supply - kind - Individual firm supply & Market supply.
3.Factors determining supply.
(2) Law of supply.
1.Supply Schedule m Upward rising SS curve - limitations.
2.Expansion & Contraction of SS & Increase & Decrease of SS. (In relation to the price & other factors)
3.Methods of measuring price Elasticity of SS.
a) Percentage Method
b) Geometric Method
c) Total Income (revenue) Method
(3) Concept of production Cost.
4.Classification of costs based on time factor.
SHORT RUN COST
LONG RUN COST
In SHORT RUN COST the inter relationship between FIXED COST, VARIABLE COST, TOTAL COST, AVERAGE COST, MARGINAL COST.
(4) CONCEPT OF REVENUE
The Concept of TOTAL Revenue, AVERAGE Revenue, MARGINAL Revenue, & their Inter Relationship.
Nature of Market & Price determination.
- Meaning of market m kinds m classification of Market. Limitations.
Kinds of Market
a) Perfectly competitive Market.
b) Monopoly Market.
c) Imperfectly comparative Market.
- Price determination in perfectly competitive market
- Equilibrium price & the effects of charges in DD & SS on price.
5. Determination of cost of production
1.Meaning of factors of production.
2.Four factors of production
(LAND, LABOUR, CAPITAL & ORGANISATION)
3.Factors Demand - Meaning
4.Factors Supply - Meaning
5.Factor Cost determination in competitive market (Diagrammatic presentation is expected)
Part-II (02) MACRO ECONOMICS
1. Macro economics - Meaning, features & Functions
- Inter relationship between unit oriented Economics & Universal oriented, Economics.
2. National Income (NI)
- Explanation of all concepts related to National Income.
3. Measurement of National Income & Related Studies.
Circular Flow of National Income.
- Three Methods.
a) Three Methods ( Income, Experdutery + Production)
(N.Y at Factor Cost & Market Price)
- National Income at Factor cost
- Total Income
- Real Income
Methods of Measuring MY
- Production of output (some coin with three sides)
4. Income & Employment determination
Total DD & Total SS - The factors affecting them - spending Attitude & savings & Investment Attitude. “Average” & “Marginal” view)
- Employment - Meaning & types
- Unemployment- Meaning & types
(voluntary & other kinds)
- Boom (Max. DD) & the problem related to ft.
- Scarcity of DD (“stack”) & the problem related to it.
5. Finance (money) & Banking
1.Money - meaning & Functions
2.Supply of Money - Meaning
3.Demand for Money - Meaning
1.Meaning, Commercial banks - Meaning & Function
2.Central Bank (R.B.I.) Meaning & Function
1.Budget of the Government - Meaning, Area of its operation, significance & kinds of budget
2.Surplus budget & Deficit budget object of Budgeting
Balance of Payment
1.Foreign Exchange - Meaning & the methods of deteraining foreign exchange
2.Foreign Exchange Rate & Points of Distinction.
3.Balance of Trade & Balance of Payment - Meaning
In micro economics, you are expected to provide the explanation based on illustration, figures, schedules etc.
Observe the studies of Micro economics first.
Support your explanation of Macro economics with figures, schedules, graphs & diagrams.
Gujarat Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Gujarat Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Gujarat Board Syllabus for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Elective 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10 Computer Science 2010
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Biology 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10 Biology 2010
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Physics 2013-SET-2
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Economics 2013-SET-4
- CBSE Board Class 8 Math 2005
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Sanskrit 2013
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Physics For 2007
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Home Science 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Chemistry 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12th Accountancy Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board 12 Chemistry Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2009
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Social Reconstruction
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Punjabi
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Math
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 History
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Tamil
- West Bengal Board Class 10 Syllabus Of Science
- CBSE Board Social Science Syllabus for Class 10
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Geography
- CBSE Board 12th Sociology Syllabus
- Haryana Board Class 12 Marketing & Salesmanship