Gujarat Board Economics Syllabus for Class 11
Gujarat Board Syllabus for Class 11 Economics
1. Significance of statistical Details in the studies of Economic problems of India.
a) From the point of view of determining the magnitudes (size) of any economic problem.
b) From the point of view of comparative studies.
c) From the point f view, of Logical inferences (conclusions).
d) From the point of view of Diagrammatic Representation. Utility of Statistical Details : (in)
a) Population b) Un employment
The studies must be supported by graphs, diagrams & date schedules. (tables)
2. Economic Growth & Development
Views of economic Development. Indicators of growth
a) Per capital Income
b) Rate of standard of living.
c) Rate of Human capital Development.
(Only introductory explanation)
Difference between economic growth & economic Development.Sustainable living Std. & quality of life. (Std. of living)
Features of Indian Economy as a developing economy.
3. Structure of Indian Economy
1.Details about the conditions of Indian economy before Independence.
2.Change brought about after the independence in planned economy.
3.Occupational Structure in Indian economy
4.Contribution of Agri, Manufacturing & services in the national income.
1.Meaning & Nature
2.Core sector: 1) Electricity 2) Transport 3) Communication.
3.Social sector: 1) Education 2) Health 3) Accommodation (Resi.)
5. Development Programmes (up to 1991)
economic planning - Meaning - main (general) objects - features of economic policies - Achievements & Failures.
6. Economic Reform: after 1991
Need for economic reforms & their features. Liberalization. Globalization & Privatisation.
7. Population of India.
1.Size & Rate of growth of population.
2.Effects of population on economic Dev.
3.Causes of high birth rate.
4.Measures to control growth rate of population.
8. Poverty in India Concept of Absolute to Relative poverty. Main measure to alleviate poverty.
9. Un employment in India
Meaning of Un employment - kinds Nature of Un employment - causes – Measures to remove un employment.
10. Other Problems in India.
1.Problem of protection of ENVIRONMENT (Pollution)
2.Problem of large differences in sex ratio.
3.Problem of Migration to urban areas & Brain drain.
1.Process of urbanization - positive & negative (Rackless) effects of Urbanization.
2.Policy of Urbanization in India.
12. Agriculture sector
1.Agri as the back bone of Indian economy.
2.Growth & Dev. of Agri & its expansion impact.
3.Productivity in Agri - Per Hectare &
4.Labour productivity - problem of low productivity - Measures to improve the productivity.
13. Industry (MFG.) in India.
1.Importance of Industrialisation in India.
3.Problems of medium & small industry.
Gujarat Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Gujarat Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Gujarat Board Syllabus for class 11 Now
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Computer Science 2008
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12th Business Studies Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Computer Science 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2011
- CBSE Board 12 Biology Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Functional English 2010
- Haryana Board Class 12 Melodic
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Sociology
- ICSE Board Class 11 Economics
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Geography
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Geography
- CBSE Board 12th Accountancy Syllabus
- Maharashtra Board Class 12 Biology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Punjabi
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Hindi
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Telugu