Gujarat Board Economics Syllabus for Class 11
Gujarat Board Syllabus for Class 11 Economics
1. Significance of statistical Details in the studies of Economic problems of India.
a) From the point of view of determining the magnitudes (size) of any economic problem.
b) From the point of view of comparative studies.
c) From the point f view, of Logical inferences (conclusions).
d) From the point of view of Diagrammatic Representation. Utility of Statistical Details : (in)
a) Population b) Un employment
The studies must be supported by graphs, diagrams & date schedules. (tables)
2. Economic Growth & Development
Views of economic Development. Indicators of growth
a) Per capital Income
b) Rate of standard of living.
c) Rate of Human capital Development.
(Only introductory explanation)
Difference between economic growth & economic Development.Sustainable living Std. & quality of life. (Std. of living)
Features of Indian Economy as a developing economy.
3. Structure of Indian Economy
1.Details about the conditions of Indian economy before Independence.
2.Change brought about after the independence in planned economy.
3.Occupational Structure in Indian economy
4.Contribution of Agri, Manufacturing & services in the national income.
1.Meaning & Nature
2.Core sector: 1) Electricity 2) Transport 3) Communication.
3.Social sector: 1) Education 2) Health 3) Accommodation (Resi.)
5. Development Programmes (up to 1991)
economic planning - Meaning - main (general) objects - features of economic policies - Achievements & Failures.
6. Economic Reform: after 1991
Need for economic reforms & their features. Liberalization. Globalization & Privatisation.
7. Population of India.
1.Size & Rate of growth of population.
2.Effects of population on economic Dev.
3.Causes of high birth rate.
4.Measures to control growth rate of population.
8. Poverty in India Concept of Absolute to Relative poverty. Main measure to alleviate poverty.
9. Un employment in India
Meaning of Un employment - kinds Nature of Un employment - causes – Measures to remove un employment.
10. Other Problems in India.
1.Problem of protection of ENVIRONMENT (Pollution)
2.Problem of large differences in sex ratio.
3.Problem of Migration to urban areas & Brain drain.
1.Process of urbanization - positive & negative (Rackless) effects of Urbanization.
2.Policy of Urbanization in India.
12. Agriculture sector
1.Agri as the back bone of Indian economy.
2.Growth & Dev. of Agri & its expansion impact.
3.Productivity in Agri - Per Hectare &
4.Labour productivity - problem of low productivity - Measures to improve the productivity.
13. Industry (MFG.) in India.
1.Importance of Industrialisation in India.
3.Problems of medium & small industry.
Gujarat Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Gujarat Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Gujarat Board Syllabus for class 11 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2009
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Chemistry 2013-SET-4
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Political Science 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Political Science 2013-SET-2
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Physics 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biology Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Functional English 2009
- CBSE Board Class 9 Physics 2009
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Chemistry 2008
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Computer Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 History 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Political Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biology 2011
- Manipur Board Class 10 Manipuri
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Computer Science
- West Bengal Board Class 9 Syllabus For Social Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 English (Special Language)
- Haryana Board Class 12 Home Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Math
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Math
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Hindi
- Haryana Board Class 12 Math
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Animal Husbandry