Gujarat Board Biology Syllabus for Class 11
Gujarat Board Syllabus for Class 11 Biology
UNIT : 1 LIVING WORLD
Biology and its branches; relationships with other sciences; scientific methods in biology; historical break throughs; scope of biology and career options; characters of living organisms (metabolism, transfer of energy at molecular level, open and closed system), homeostasis, growth and reproduction, adaptation, survival, death)
Unit : 2 Diversity of life
Variety of living organisms, systematics, need, history and types of classifications (artificial, natural, phylogenetic); Two kingdom system, five kingdom system their merits and demerits, status of bacteria and virus; botanical gardens and herbaria, zoological parks and museums.
plant classification - salient features of various plant groups; phanerogams – classification of angiosperms up to series level (bentham - and hooker's systam)
Animal classification salient features of nonchordates up to phylum level and chordates up to class level.
Unit : 3 Cell and Cell division
Cell as a basic unit of life, discovery of cell, cell theory. Prokaryotic cell and eukaryotic cell; Unicelluoar and multicellular organisms tools and techniques (compound microscope, electron microscope, cell fractionation); ultra structure of prokaryotic and eukaryotic cell - cell wall, cell membrane, unit membrane concept (fluid mosaic model); membrane transport, cellular movement (exocytosis, endocytosis)
Cell organelles and their functions-nucleus, mitochondria, plastids, endoplasmic reticulum, golgi complex, Lysosomes, microtubules, centriole, vacuole, cytoskeleton, cilia and flagella, ribosomes.
Molecules of cell; In organic and organic materials - water, salt, mineral ions, carbohydrates, lipids, Amino acid, Protein, Nucleotides, Nucleic acids (DNA and RNA)
Cell cycle - significance of cell division, amitosis, mitosis and meiosis
Unit : 4 Genetics
Continuity of life - heredity, variation, mendel's laws of inheritance; chromosomal basis of inheritance; other patterns of inheritance - incomplete dominance, epistasis, multiple allelism.
Chromosomes - bacterial cell and eukaryotic cell; parallelism between ganes; and ehromosomes; genome, lin9kage and crossing over; gene mapping, recombination; sex chromosomes; sex determination; sex linked inheritance; mutation and structural chromosomal aberrations. Human genetics - methos of study, genetic disorders.
DNA as a genetic material - its structure and replication; structure of RNA and its role in protein synthesis; gene expression - transcription and translation in prokaryotes and eukaryotic; Regulation of gene expression, induction and repression – Housekeeping genes; nuclear basis of differentiation and development; oncogenes.
Basics of Recombinant DNA technology; cloning; gene bank; DNA finger-printing; genomics - principles and its applications, transgenic plants, animals and microbes.
Unit : 5 Morphology of Plants and Animals
Morphology - root, stem and lead, their structure and modifications; Inflorescence, flower, fruit, seed and their types;
Description of following families; Liliaceae, Solanaceae
Internal structure of plants - Tissues (meristematic and permanent); anatomy of root, stem and leaf of monocot and dicot.
Morphology of animals - Salient features of earth worm, cockroch, frog and rat;
Tissue systems structure and function of tissues - epithelial, connective, muscular and nervous.
Gujarat Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Gujarat Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Gujarat Board Syllabus for class 11 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Math 2013-SET-2
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Science 2013-SET3
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Math 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2009
- ICSE Board Class 10 Home Science 2009
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Chemistry 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Crop Production 2013-SET-3
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2005
- CBSE Board Class 10 Chemistry 2010
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Economics 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Political Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Functional English 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology 2009
- CBSE Board Science Syllabus for Class 10
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 English Literature
- Rajasthan Board Class 10 Social Science
- Manipur Board Class 10 Bengali
- ICSE Board Class 9 Biology
- Haryana Board Class 10 Home Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Home Science
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Urdu Core
- Maharashtra Board Class 11 Biology
- ICSE Board Class 9 Computer Science