CBSE Board Sociology Sample Papers for Class 12
Max. Marks 80 Time: 3 hrs.
1) Question No. 1 to 14 are of 2 marks each and are to be answered in about 30 words each.
2) Question No. 15 to 21 are of 4 marks each, and are to be answered in about 80 words each.
3) Question No. 22 to 24 are of 6 marks each, and are to be answered in about 200 words each.
4) Question No. 25 carries 6 marks, and is to be answered based on the passage given.
1 Write two examples of caste based social movements. 2
2 Differentiate between jati and varna. 2
3 What are prejudices? 2
4 What is regionalism? 2
5 What do you understand by cultural diversity? 2
6 Mention any two structural changes brought about by colonialism. 2
7 Why were coastal cities favoured by the colonial regime? 2
8 In what ways did colonial labour laws benefit the owner’s tea plantations? 2
9 What are pressure groups? 2
10 What is contract farming? 2
11 Why is disinvestment (or privatisation) not preferred by workers in state owned units? 2
12 What are the dangers and risks faced by mine workers ? 2
13 Distinguish between ‘lock out’ and ‘strike’? 2
14 Mention any two factors that have led to the growth of print media. 2
15 In what ways has globalisation affected Indian television? 4
16 Highlight the sources of conflict between ’National development’ and ‘tribal development’.
Explain the ways in which tribal societies have been classified on the basis of permanent traits. 4
17 What has been role of colonialism in the emergence of new markets? 4
18 Explain the social consequences of green revolution? 4
19 What are community identities and why are they important? 4
20 What were the sources of inspiration for Indian democracy?
What is the difference between law and justice, and how is this relationship expressed in constitutional norms? 4
21 Describe the main features of the Women’s Movement since the 1970s. 4
22 Compare and contrast Sanskritisation and Westernisation as processes of social change in Indian Society.6
23 Analyse the success and failures of the family planning programme.
Highlight the main social aspects of the process of Urbanisation. 6
24 Globalisation affects different sections of people differently. Discuss. 6
25 Read the given passage and answer the following questions
In a country where half of the children in the age group of 5-14 are out of school how can there be space for children with disabilities, specially if segregated schooling is being advocated for them? Even if the legislation optimistically tries to make education available to every disabled child, parents in a village do not see this as instrumental in achieving any autonomy for their disabled child. What they would prefer is perhaps a better way of fetching water from the well and improved agricultural facilities. Similarly, parents in an urban slum expect education to be related to a world of work that would enhance their child’s basic quality of life.
(a) According to the author of this passage, what kind of educational facilities do disabled children need? Do you agree?
Give reasons for your answer.
(b) It is said that social attitudes towards the disabled are as much of a problem for them as their disability itself. What is the
justification for such a view, and what is your own opinion on this issue? 6
CBSE Board Sociology Sample Papers for Class 12 by Year
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 12 Now
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2010
- CBSE Board Class 9 Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Economics 2009
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 10 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Chemistry 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Elective 2010
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2011
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Informatics Practices
- Haryana Board Class 12 Accountancy & Auditing
- ICSE Board Class 12 Biology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Bengali
- CBSE Board Class 11 Social Science Business Studies
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Hindi
- Haryana Board Class 12 Math
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Persian
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Accountancy
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 Math