CBSE Board Sociology Sample Papers for Class 12
Max. Marks 80 Time: 3 hrs.
1) Question No. 1 to 14 are of 2 marks each and are to be answered in about 30 words each.
2) Question No. 15 to 21 are of 4 marks each, and are to be answered in about 80 words each.
3) Question No. 22 to 24 are of 6 marks each, and are to be answered in about 200 words each.
4) Question No. 25 carries 6 marks, and is to be answered based on the passage given.
1 Write two examples of caste based social movements. 2
2 Differentiate between jati and varna. 2
3 What are prejudices? 2
4 What is regionalism? 2
5 What do you understand by cultural diversity? 2
6 Mention any two structural changes brought about by colonialism. 2
7 Why were coastal cities favoured by the colonial regime? 2
8 In what ways did colonial labour laws benefit the owner’s tea plantations? 2
9 What are pressure groups? 2
10 What is contract farming? 2
11 Why is disinvestment (or privatisation) not preferred by workers in state owned units? 2
12 What are the dangers and risks faced by mine workers ? 2
13 Distinguish between ‘lock out’ and ‘strike’? 2
14 Mention any two factors that have led to the growth of print media. 2
15 In what ways has globalisation affected Indian television? 4
16 Highlight the sources of conflict between ’National development’ and ‘tribal development’.
Explain the ways in which tribal societies have been classified on the basis of permanent traits. 4
17 What has been role of colonialism in the emergence of new markets? 4
18 Explain the social consequences of green revolution? 4
19 What are community identities and why are they important? 4
20 What were the sources of inspiration for Indian democracy?
What is the difference between law and justice, and how is this relationship expressed in constitutional norms? 4
21 Describe the main features of the Women’s Movement since the 1970s. 4
22 Compare and contrast Sanskritisation and Westernisation as processes of social change in Indian Society.6
23 Analyse the success and failures of the family planning programme.
Highlight the main social aspects of the process of Urbanisation. 6
24 Globalisation affects different sections of people differently. Discuss. 6
25 Read the given passage and answer the following questions
In a country where half of the children in the age group of 5-14 are out of school how can there be space for children with disabilities, specially if segregated schooling is being advocated for them? Even if the legislation optimistically tries to make education available to every disabled child, parents in a village do not see this as instrumental in achieving any autonomy for their disabled child. What they would prefer is perhaps a better way of fetching water from the well and improved agricultural facilities. Similarly, parents in an urban slum expect education to be related to a world of work that would enhance their child’s basic quality of life.
(a) According to the author of this passage, what kind of educational facilities do disabled children need? Do you agree?
Give reasons for your answer.
(b) It is said that social attitudes towards the disabled are as much of a problem for them as their disability itself. What is the
justification for such a view, and what is your own opinion on this issue? 6
CBSE Board Sociology Sample Papers for Class 12 by Year
SOCIOLOGY 2011 CLASS XII SAMPLE QUESTION PAPER Max. Marks 80 Time: 3 hrs. General Instructions 1. Questions No. 1-14 are of 2 marks each and are to be answered in about 30 words each. 2. Questions No.15-21 are of 4 marks each and are to be answered in about 80 words each. 3. Questions No. 22-25 are of 6 mar...Read More
SAMPLE PAPER 2007 SOCIOLOGY CLASS XII Time Allowed:3Hours M.M.100 General Instruction: i) Answer all the questions. ii) There are 29 questions all. iii) Answer 1 to 14 are for 2 marks should not exceed 30 to 40 words.. iv) Answer 15 to 26 are for 4 marks should not exceed 60 to 80 words. v) Answer 27 to 29 are f...Read More
SOCIOLOGY Sample Paper 2008 Class 12 M. M.: 100 Time: 3hrs. General Instructions 1. Questions 1 to 15 are of 2 marks each, and are to b e answered in about 30 words. 2. Questions 16 to 25 are of 4 marks each, and are to be answered in about 80 words. 3. Questions 26 to 29 are of 6 marks each, and are to be answered ...Read More
Sample Question Papers Sociology Class – XII Instructions: i. All questions from Section A are compulsory. ii. From Section B, attempt questions from any One optional Section A Q1. What was the name of the religion propagated by Akbar? 1 Q2. What are the two sects of Jainism? ...Read More
SOCIOLOGY SAMPLE QUESTION PAPER 2010 CLASS XII Max. Marks 80 Time: 3 hrs. General Instructions 1) Question No. 1 to 14 are of 2 marks each and are to be answered in about 30 words each. 2) Question No. 15 to 21 are of 4 marks each, and are to be answered in about 80 words each. 3) Question No. 22 to 24 are of 6 marks each, ...Read More
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Social Science 2009
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Chemistry 2011
- CBSE Board Psychology Sample Papers for Class 12 for year 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Accountancy 2010
- Bihar Board Class 12 Biology 2012
- CBSE Board Class 12 Computer Science 2009
- West Bengal Board Class 10 English Core Sample Paper Of 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Functional English 2009
- CBSE Board Political Science Sample Papers for Class 10 for year 2011 2011
- ICSE Board Class 10 Economics 2011
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2005
- CBSE Board 12 Biology Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2005
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Chemistry Previous Year Question paper of 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Home Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2007
- ICSE Board Class 10 Geography 2008
- CBSE Board Class 10 Home Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2009
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Informatics Practices
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Syllabus of Economics
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Urdu Core
- Haryana Board Class 10 Music (Hindustani Vocal)
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Urdu Core
- West Bengal Board Class 9 Syllabus For Social Science
- ICSE Board Class 11 Economics
- CBSE Board Class 8 Syllabus For English Core
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Oriya (special)
- Haryana Board Class 12 Music (Hindustani Vocal)