CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology Previous Year Question Papers 2011
CBSE Board Previous Year Question Papers 2011 for Class 12 Sociology
Time allowed : 3 hours Maximum Marks: 100
General Instructions :
(i) There are 29 questions in all.
(ii) All questions are compulsory.
(iii) Questions No. 1-14 are of 2 marks each, to be answered in about 30 words.
(iv) Questions No. 15-26 are of 4 marks each, to be answered in about 75-80 words.
(v) Questions No. 27 - 29 are of 8 marks each, to be answered in about 200 words.
(vi) Answers should be precise and to the point.
Please check that this question paper contains 4 printed pages.
Code number given on the right hand side of the question paper should be written on the
title page of the answer-book by the condidate.
Please check that this question paper contains 29 questions.
Please write down the serial number of the question before attempting it.
1. What is a village ? 2
2. Define social change. 2
3. What was Taxila known for ? 2
4. Define Sanskritization. 2
5. Define gender-discrimination. 2
6. What does Executive stand for in a democracy ? 2
7. What is a social movement ? 2
8. What is a household ? 2
9. What are Scheduled Tribes ? 2
10. What is the meaning of ‘Infant Mortality Rate’ ? 2
11. Define a social group. 2
12. What is a ‘kachcha’ food ? 2
13. What is patrilineal kinship ? 2
14. Define social conflict. 2
15. Define 'legitimacy'. Identify various types of legitimacy. 2+2
16. What is liturgy and what is baptism ? 2+2
17. Define ‘Dharma’. Identify other three goals of life as laid down in Indian scriptures. 2+2
18. What is asceticism ? How does it relate to the traditional Indian value system ? 4
19. Briefly explain Indological or Cultural approach to the study of Indian Society. 4
20. What do you understand by ‘empowerment of women’ ? Why is it necessary, especially in
the Indian society ? 2+2
21. Point out the distinctive features of Sikhism that distinguish it from Hinduism. 4
22. What is a nuclear family ? Distinguish it from a joint family. 2+2
23. How is caste different from tribe ? 4
24. Discuss the phenomenon of urban violence. 4
25. Write a note on Democratic Decentralization and Panchayati Raj. 4
26. Reflect on the problem of over-population in India. 4
27. Discuss analytically the truth or otherwise of the oft-repeated phrase ‘Unity in diversity’
in the Indian context. 8
Are majorities and minorities necessarily antithetical to the national integration ?
Illustrate your answer with suitable examples from the recent phase of the Indian
28. Discuss the concept of ‘interest groups’. Examine their negative and positive contribution
to a democratic polity, with suitable examples from Contemporary India. 8
What is meant by politicization of caste ? Elucidate your answer with suitable
examples from the current phase of the Indian society.
29. Write an essay on the socio-political relevance of the Preamble to the Indian
List out and briefly discuss the Fundamental Rights as included in the Indian
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Previous Year Question Paper for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- ICSE Board Class 10 Chemistry 2010
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Biology 2007
- Tamilnadu Board Class 12 Botany Sample Paper Of 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Functional English 2010
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Math 2011
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Biotechnology 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Social Science 2013
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Political Science 2013
- Gujarat Board Class 10 English Core 2005
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 History 2013-SET-4
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Chemistry 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Functional English 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biology 2011
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Psychology 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2008
- CBSE Board Class 10 Home Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biotechnology 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 History 2009
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 French
- CBSE Board 12th Computer Science Syllabus
- CBSE Board Class 8 Syllabus For Social Science
- ICSE Board Class 12 Political Science
- CBSE Board 12th Geography Syllabus
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Malayalam(Special)
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Biotechnology
- Rajasthan Board Class 10 Social Science
- ICSE Board Class 9 Chemistry
- Maharashtra Board Class 11 Physics syllabus