CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology Previous Year Question Papers 2009
CBSE Board Previous Year Question Papers 2009 for Class 12 Sociology
the title page of the answer-book.
Please check that this question paper contains 4 printed pages.
Code number given on the right hand side of the question paper should be written on
the title page of the answer-book by the condidate.
Please check that this question paper contains 29 questions.
Please write down the serial number of the question before attempting it.
Time allowed : 3 hours ]
[ Maximum marks: 100
General Instructions :
(i) There are 29 questions in all.
(ii) All questions are compulsory.
(iii) Questions No. 1-14 are of 2 marks each, to be answered in about 30 words.
(iv) Questions No. 15-26 are of 4 marks each, to be answered in about 75-80 words.
(v) Questions No. 27 - 29 are of 8 marks each, to be answered in about 200 words.
(vi) Answers should be precise and to the point.
1.What is a metropolis ?2
2.Identify main religious communities of India.1⁄2×4 = 2
3.What do you understand by elementary education ?2
4.Define a social institution.2
5.What is over-population ?2
6.What are the two houses of parliament ? Whom do they represent ?1+1 = 2
7.Define ‘law’. 2
8.Who are affines ?2
9.Identify four examples of cross-cousins.1⁄2×4 = 2
10.What is social deprivation ?2
11.What is westernization ?2
12.Identify some mechanisms of social control.2
14.What is a social faction ?2
15.What is material culture ? Distinguish it from non-material culture. 2+2=4
16.Define ‘authority’. Identify various types of authority as understood in sociology.2+2=4
17.What is a ‘lobby’ ? Distinguish it from pressure group.2+2=4
18.‘Marriage by exchange’ and ‘marriage by elopement’ are two of the various forms of marriage among the tribals in India. Write a note on these two.2+2=4
19.Explain historical or cultural approach to the study of Indian society. 2+2=4
20.Write a note on the twin problem of ‘indebtedness’ and ‘land alienation’ faced by the scheduled tribes.2+2=4
21.Describe the role of legislation in bringing about social change in India. Give examples.3+1=4
22.Write a short note on Jainism in India. 4
23.Highlight the adverse potentials of globalization in India.4
24. Write a short note on ‘Doordarshan’.4
25.What are organized crimes ? Discuss their incidence in India. 2+2 = 4
26.Define and distinguish between caste and class.1+1+2 = 4
27.Discuss the importance of ‘right to equality’ and ‘right to freedom’ as provided
in the Indian Constitution.2+3+3=8
What is a reform movement ? Briefly discuss the aims and objectives of two
reform movements in the recent phase of the Indian history.
28.Highlight some of the well known tribal movements in the recent phase of the
Elucidate the distinctive features of Budhism.
29.Identify the main constituents of Islamic faith.
Discuss the broad profile of the rural class system in India.
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Previous Year Question Paper for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Gujarat Board Class 9 Science 2007
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Physics 2010
- CBSE Board Class 10 Functional English 2010
- ICSE Board Class 10 Computer Science 2010
- ICSE Board Class 10 Chemistry 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science 2009
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 10 Science Sample Paper Of 2011
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Geography 2011
- Tamilnadu Board Class 10 English Core Sample Paper Of 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Fashion Studies 2007
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2008
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2007
- CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Functional English 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Chemistry 2010
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Psychology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Anatomy Physiology and Health
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Home Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Business Studies
- ICSE Board Class 12 Political Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Hindi
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Entrepreneurship
- West Bengal Board Class 11 Biology
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Business Studies