CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology Previous Year Question Papers 2007
CBSE Board Previous Year Question Papers 2007 for Class 12 Sociology
Time allowed : 3 hours ] [ Maximum marks: 100
General Instructions :
(i) There are 29 questions in all.
(ii) All questions are compulsory.
(iii) Questions No. 1-14 are of 2 marks each, to be answered in about 30 words.
(iv) Questions No. 15-26 are of 4 marks each, to be answered in about 75-80 words.
(v) Questions No. 27 - 29 are of 8 marks each, to be answered in about 200 words.
(vi) Answers should be precise and to the point.
Please check that this question paper contains 4 printed pages.
Code number given on the right hand side of the question paper should be written on
the title page of the answer-book by the condidate.
Please check that this question paper contains 29 questions.
Please write down the serial number of the question before attempting it.
Candidates must write the Code on the title page of the answer-book.
1. What is a metropolis ? 2
2. Identify main religious communities of India. ½×4 = 2
3. What do you understand by elementary education ? 2
4. Define a social institution. 2
5. What is over-population ? 2
6. What are the two houses of parliament ? Whom do they represent ? 1+1 = 2
7. Define ‘law’. 2
8. Who are affines ? 2
9. Identify four examples of cross-cousins. ½×4 = 2
10. What is social deprivation ? 2
11. What is westernization ? 2
12. Identify some mechanisms of social control. 2
13. Define cognates. 2
14. What is a social faction ? 2
15. What is material culture ? Distinguish it from non-material culture. 2+2=4
16. Define ‘authority’. Identify various types of authority as understood in sociology. 2+2=4
17. What is a ‘lobby’ ? Distinguish it from pressure group. 2+2=4
18. ‘Marriage by exchange’ and ‘marriage by elopement’ are two of the various
forms of marriage among the tribals in India. Write a note on these two. 2+2=4
19. Explain historical or cultural approach to the study of Indian society. 2+2=4
20. Write a note on the twin problem of ‘indebtedness’ and ‘land alienation’ faced
by the scheduled tribes. 2+2=4
21. Describe the role of legislation in bringing about social change in India. Give
22. Write a short note on Jainism in India. 4
23. Highlight the adverse potentials of globalization in India. 4
24. Write a short note on ‘Doordarshan’. 4
25. What are organized crimes ? Discuss their incidence in India. 2+2 = 4
26. Define and distinguish between caste and class. 1+1+2 = 4
27. Discuss the importance of ‘right to equality’ and ‘right to freedom’ as provided
in the Indian Constitution. 2+3+3=8
What is a reform movement ? Briefly discuss the aims and objectives of two
reform movements in the recent phase of the Indian history.
28. Highlight some of the well known tribal movements in the recent phase of the
Indian history. 8
Elucidate the distinctive features of Budhism.
29. Identify the main constituents of Islamic faith. 8
Discuss the broad profile of the rural class system in India.
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Previous Year Question Paper for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 History 2013-SET-3
- CBSE Board Class 10 Home Science 2008
- CBSE Board Accountancy Sample Papers for Class 12 for year 2011
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 English Literature 2009
- Tamilnadu Board Class 12 Accountancy Sample Paper Of 2011
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Chemistry 2007
- CBSE Board Class 9 Social Science 2007
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Physics Sample Paper Of 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 English Core 2013
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Economics 2013-SET-3
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Economics 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2011
- CBSE Board 12 Biology Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Accountancy 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12th Business Studies Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Computer Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2010
- Haryana Board Class 10 Punjabi
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Sanskrit (special)
- Haryana Board Class 10 Home Science
- Haryana Board Class 12 Physical Education
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Crop Production
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Geography
- Haryana Board Class 12 Dance
- Maharashtra Board Class 10 Science
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Biology
- CBSE Board 12th Psychology Syllabus