CBSE Board Class 11 Sociology Sample Papers 2010
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2010 for Class 11 Sociology
SAMPLE QUESTION PAPER 2010
Max. Marks 80 Time: 3 hrs.
1.Questions No. 1-14 are of 2 marks each and are to be answered in about 30 words each.
2.Questions No.15-21 are of 4 marks each and are to be answered in about 80 words each.
3.Questions No. 22-25 are of 6 marks each and are to be answered in about 200 words each.
4.Question No. 25 carries 6 marks, and is to be answered with the help of the passage given.
1What is meant by the infant mortality rate?
2What is social about social inequality?
3Mention two factors that encourage regionalism.
4What kind of factors is community identity based on?
5What is meant by ‘sanskritisation’?
6What is a political party?
7Mention any two policies or laws for land reform introduced after independence.
8List any two characteristic features of the organized sector.
9What is meant by an ‘electronic economy’?
10What are transnational corporations?
11Write the meaning of globalization in your own words.
12Mention any two features of social movements.
13Give two examples of peasant movements in India.
14How are ‘reformist’ social movements different from ‘revolutionary’ social movements?
15Highlight the main features of the age structure of the Indian population.
16How have the living conditions of tribal communities changed after independence?
17What is meant by ‘communalism’ in the Indian context?
18Describe the main features of social reforms movements before independence.
19Municipal authorities in cities often have to undertake controversial campaigns for the demolition of illegal structures and encroachments. Discuss the role of competing interests in this context.
20Why are land reforms necessary? Explain their impact on Indian agriculture after independence.
Migration and lack of job security create poor working and living conditions for migrant labourers. Explain with reference to the circulation of labour in India.
21Describe some of the consequences of industrialisation.
What are the major forms of job recruitment in India?
22Summarize the major changes in the institution of caste from colonial times to the present day.
Explain the main factors influencing the formation of tribal identity in recent times.
23What are the main arguments made for and against liberalization and marketisation? What position would you take in this debate and why?
24How is colonialism different from earlier forms of conquest or domination, and in what ways did it affect Indian society?
Q.25 Read the following passage, which reproduces a news item from the Times of India (20th July, 2009, p.7) and answer the questions below:
Three Die Attempting Aamir Stunt
Three teenaged friends in Punjab attempted Aamir Khan’s Ghulam stunt of outracing an incoming train to reach a spot in their real life. But they failed and lost their lives too. Police said the boys had struck a bet to run on the track towards the train. However, they were run over by the train before they could jump off the tracks in Ludhiana. Kala and Lalu died on the spot while Anees succumbed to his injuries in a hospital. He told police that they had struck a bet to see who could run for the longest duration in front of a running train, said a railway official.
Q 25 a. The mass media often promotes a strong sense of identification with stars and the characters they play on screen. While this can sometimes result in tragedy (as in the above case), can you think of examples where it can have positive effects on viewers?
Q 25 b. Many Indian films and tv serials are very popular even though they usually depict situations that are far from real life. On the other hand, ‘reality shows’ and competitions featuring ordinary people (rather than stars) are also becoming very popular. In your opinion, what explains the popularity of these very different mass media products?
Sign Up FREE
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 11 Now
- cbse board question papers 2010 class xii computer science
- question paper class 11 cbse board
- cbse class 12 sociology question papers
- CBSE Sample Paper 2012 for Class xii Sociology
- cbse class 12 chemistry question paper 2010
- cbse class 12 economics question paper 2010
- cbse class 9 science question paper 2010
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Economics 2010
- CBSE Board Class 10 Functional English 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Elective 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12th Economics Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 History 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2008
- CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science 2005
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Oriya
- Rajasthan Board Class 10 Gujarati
- CBSE Board 12th Business Studies Syllabus
- Rajasthan Board Class 9 Information Technology
- CBSE BOARD History Syllabus for Class 12
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 History
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Sociology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Agriculture
- Haryana Board Class 12 O.S.S. (English)
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Biology